ADVERTISEMENT

The Ever Meek and Mild One gives us his top 68 teams!!

Overall, I like Jay. Great Dukie. Kind of ironic how he dissed every aspect of the NCAA, especially how it takes advantage of the players. He makes millions because of NCAA basketball, not because he could earn a paycheck playing basketball. Not saying he isn't smart, talented, hardworking, etc. But, the NCAA is what made him rich.

That's another thing I like about Jay. He's not afraid to call the NCAA out. It wasn't that he supported unc cheater u in the AFAM scandal. He knew they would get out of up because of the loop holes that were created. A lot of people were upset at Jay for saying unc cheater u would have nothing done to him. He understood that unc cheater u covered their rear ends. To be real we all knew how it would end up. The NCAA is a joke right now and Jay is dead on about how insufficient they are. OFC

Beyond the shadow of doubt Jay Bilas love Duke just as much as you or I.

Jay loves Duke more than anyone on this board. He bleeds Duke. And not just because of basketball. Go look online how many fundraising events he does at Duke each year. Few are associated with the basketball program. He’s built a legacy at Duke that goes far, far beyond hoops.

He makes millions because of NCAA basketball, not because he could earn a paycheck playing basketball. Not saying he isn't smart, talented, hardworking, etc. But, the NCAA is what made him rich.

The NCAA hasn’t made him rich. Go read some of his past litigation exploits. That initially made him rich. Plus, he’s just immensely talented.

The main reason I’ll always respect and love Jay Bilas? He didn’t cower in the corner while the entire Duke administration threw the lacrosse team under the bus in 2006. Instead, he called them out for their lack of support, called for resignation of President Broadhead, Chairman Steel and any board members who backed him. The administration handled the lacrosse incident as bad as UNC handled the academic scandal. It was embarrassing.

I love Bilas and Vitale. I think the knock on Jay being arrogant are a bit overblown as he does it mostly as a joke and poking fun at himself. He is very self depreciating when he talks of his playing days at Duke and how bad he was or that K wouldn't ever let him shoot. I think everything is just an extension of that, but it can sometimes come across the wrong way.

Vitale is just college basketball. Sure, he goes on rants and I can see how he can wear on people over time, but growing up, he was always doing the big games. Heck, he still has the same energy and excitement from 20 years ago. It will be hard when he finally hangs it up. That's going to make a big hole in the sport no matter how you feel about him.

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
They retired a jersey with "Bilas" on it at Louisville and it hangs from the rafters.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT