ADVERTISEMENT

Maui Relief Effort

jeffrey236

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2004
Simsbury CT
I’m not a big Bill Self fan, but kudos to him and Illinois for making their private scrimmage an exhibition to raise money for Maui. I’d be thrilled to see Duke and other schools do the same thing. Maui has been the site of so many great games for Duke, and the launchpad for many successful seasons for Duke. Their tournament has always been my favorite non-NCAA tournament to watch, with the coaches and announcers in floral shirts, the high school-sized venue and the beautiful scenery shots between the action. My wife and I went there on on our honeymoon in 1994, and kept vowing to go back there one day for the tournament. It’s hard to accept that the place has been devastated and has suffered such a great loss of lives..

It is a good gesture. With K and Wright gone Self may be the best coach/recruiter out there. He does not strike me as a particularly moral person, but results are results.

It is a good gesture. With K and Wright gone Self may be the best coach/recruiter out there. He does not strike me as a particularly moral person, but results are results.
I don't like Self because he always has teams that threaten Duke's chances to win, but that's all. I may be uninformed (or forgotten) about what he has done to be considered a "slimeball" or not a moral person. If you get a chance, please enlighten me.

I'm not arguing here...just seeking information.

OFC

PS: How many wins has Self accumulated at the D-1 level? Again, just curious.

Reactions: christophero
Self has been investigated for numerous recruiting violations. Do I know he is shady; no. But a lot of smoke around him over the years. They just recently escaped some recruiting violations. He is a winner no doubt and has 2 titles. They are a condender every year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Willcampbell
Self has been investigated for numerous recruiting violations. Do I know he is shady; no. But a lot of smoke around him over the years. They just recently escaped some recruiting violations. He is a winner no doubt and has 2 titles. They are a condender every year.
Thanks.
OFC

Reactions: christophero
I don't like Self because he always has teams that threaten Duke's chances to win, but that's all. I may be uninformed (or forgotten) about what he has done to be considered a "slimeball" or not a moral person. If you get a chance, please enlighten me.

I'm not arguing here...just seeking information.

OFC

PS: How many wins has Self accumulated at the D-1 level? Again, just curious.
Well you can start with the 5 level 1 violations against the program, and being caught red handed on calls buying players before NIL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT