ADVERTISEMENT

State Farm Champions Classic (Chicago) 11/14 & Duke @ Indiana 11/29

bullcity gamer

Cameron Crazy
Oct 15, 2017
Good Evening Everyone, I know I am a newbie to Rivals. A little bit about myself, I live in Illinois and have been a huge Duke fan since J.J.'s and the Landlord's Junior years. I've been to at least 10 Duke games in my lifetime including Duke vs. Georgetown in Cameron Indoor in January of 2009, Scheyer's home visit game at the United Center in 2009 against Iowa State, watched Duke play in the CBE Classic in Kansas City (when Kyrie tore apart Jacob Pullen from K-State), Duke's Sweet 16 game in Indianapolis in 2013 against Sparty, and most notably Duke's Final 4 games in 2015 back in Indy just to name a few. I was fortunate to have visited and taken pictures with Cook, Curry, MP2 & MP3, Kelly, Jefferson, Mrs. K, Wojo, Chris Collins, Nolan, Zoubek, and Dell Curry (Seth's Senior year) all in Indianapolis. Jefferson even signed my black #21 Duke jersey for me after they won it all in 2015. I'm a Chicago Bears fan and a Chicago Bulls fan, obviously Duke is the team I look forward to watching the most every season. Anyways, I just got my tickets for the State Farm Champions classic last week and plan on making the drive to Bloomington, IN, for the ACC/Big 10 Challenge on November 29th. I was just seeing if anyone on here was planning on making the trip to Chicago on the 14th or Bloomington on the 29th? I'll be with 5 other people at the Classic in Chicago, if anyone would want to meet up/pregame before the games in either Chicago or Bloomington. It's always cool meeting other Blue Devil fans. For any of you making the trip to the Classic and have never tried Chicago deep dish pizza, I recommend making sure you try Giordano's Pizza before you leave Chicago.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Welcome. I tried getting a meeting in Chicago moved from the week of the 20th to the 13th but was unsuccessful. A friend of mine is an IU alum and trying to find two tickets for the game in Bloomington....so I’m hoping to make that one. My wish was that Duke would be in Minneapolis this year against the Gophers since they’ve come on strong recently, but alas, that didn’t happen. Have fun. It’s great being a Duke fan when they’re on the road or at neutral sites. I’ve been to Maui once, saw us lose in Madison back in 2010 (technically 2009), and traveled to KC to see us beat Marquette and KSU on back-to-back nights when Kyrie was a freshman.

Reactions: bullcity gamer
Thank-You dukiejay for the welcome. I look forward to talking duke basketball with everyone on this board. I agree it is great to be a duke fan when they are on the road or playing on neutral sites. Duke vs. Unc is still on my bucket list (maybe this March for Grayson's senior night?). Maui would also be really cool to go to, I know they are there November of next year. Maybe, I'll run into you in Bloomington for the Challenge.

Maui is the ultimate. I would recommend to everyone. Maybe some day again, but with a young family it’s hard to do. If you do go, let me know. I’ll give a few tips....even though it was 10 years ago next month. Man, I’m getting old.

People weren't joking when they said the older you get, the quicker time flys by. If I go, I will definitely ask for advice. This season can't start soon enough.

Welcome, Bullcity. A great time to join...the future looks bright.

OFC

Good Evening Everyone, I know I am a newbie to Rivals. A little bit about myself, I live in Illinois and have been a huge Duke fan since J.J.'s and the Landlord's Junior years. I've been to at least 10 Duke games in my lifetime including Duke vs. Georgetown in Cameron Indoor in January of 2009, Scheyer's home visit game at the United Center in 2009 against Iowa State, watched Duke play in the CBE Classic in Kansas City (when Kyrie tore apart Jacob Pullen from K-State), Duke's Sweet 16 game in Indianapolis in 2013 against Sparty, and most notably Duke's Final 4 games in 2015 back in Indy just to name a few. I was fortunate to have visited and taken pictures with Cook, Curry, MP2 & MP3, Kelly, Jefferson, Mrs. K, Wojo, Chris Collins, Nolan, Zoubek, and Dell Curry (Seth's Senior year) all in Indianapolis. Jefferson even signed my black #21 Duke jersey for me after they won it all in 2015. I'm a Chicago Bears fan and a Chicago Bulls fan, obviously Duke is the team I look forward to watching the most every season. Anyways, I just got my tickets for the State Farm Champions classic last week and plan on making the drive to Bloomington, IN, for the ACC/Big 10 Challenge on November 29th. I was just seeing if anyone on here was planning on making the trip to Chicago on the 14th or Bloomington on the 29th? I'll be with 5 other people at the Classic in Chicago, if anyone would want to meet up/pregame before the games in either Chicago or Bloomington. It's always cool meeting other Blue Devil fans. For any of you making the trip to the Classic and have never tried Chicago deep dish pizza, I recommend making sure you try Giordano's Pizza before you leave Chicago.

Sounds like a troll heel to me .LOL Welcome to the board and have fun. OFC

Welcome... it's rare a new poster doesn't come across as a possible troll LOL but you seem cool. I have family right outside of Bloomington and would love to make it but doesn't seem likely!

Lol, thanks for the welcome everyone, I really appreciate it. I can assure all of you I am not a troll haha. I cannot stand the tar babies nor the kitty cat fans (they are the worse imo ), enjoyed watching their fans reaction when they lost to Wisconsin.

Reactions: skysdad
I might be trying to go out to Chicago for this game. Will know in a couple weeks though. Welcome aboard BC!
Sounds good @timo0402 . If you plan on getting your tickets through stubhub, my advice is wait until 1.5-2 hours before the game to buy your tickets for as cheap as you possibly can (prices tend to drop on game day). The stub hub fees are still a killer though. I usually go through stub hub if I don’t buy my tickets at face value through Ticketmaster or the box office. Hope you can make the trip to the Windy City.

Reactions: timo0402
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT