ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds Like Baldwin Playing for His Dad at UWM

When he committed to MSU, i think there was virtually no one that took it seriously.
Said it before. Emoni decommitted because he wanted to have the attention of coaches and fans back on him. Took a day or two and Rick Barnes at UT has offered him. It will continue through the Summer and Fall, and then Bates either commits to going to the G League or recommits back to MSU or Michigan.

Reactions: christophero
Below is an article from Georgetown 247 site for basketball recruiting. Been wondering what date that Baldwin might be waiting for and two dates stand out. Think he does something either this Sunday for Mother’s Day or next weekend at the Iverson Classic. Since there isn’t a McDonalds AA game, the Iverson Classic is the only event that makes sense that he may be waiting on.

I watched those highlights. Baldwin has a great stroke. He also shoots well off the dribble. His shooting would be a huge plus for our team. He's long and more athletic than I thought. He's also not as skinny as I thought. He's not Banchero, but he's not Ingram thin either. We would have a ton of firepower if we got him. He's a little slow but so skilled and always in control. Plus he's a legit 6-8 maybe even 6-9. His length seems comparable to Jalen Johnson's. He even reminds me of Johnson a little bit. (his better qualities.) Johnson was more physical and Baldwin shoots it better.

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
I watched those highlights. Baldwin has a great stroke. He also shoots well off the dribble. His shooting would be a huge plus for our team. He's long and more athletic than I thought. He's also not as skinny as I thought. He's not Banchero, but he's not Ingram thin either. We would have a ton of firepower if we got him. He's a little slow but so skilled and always in control. Plus he's a legit 6-8 maybe even 6-9. His length seems comparable to Jalen Johnson's. He even reminds me of Johnson a little bit. (his better qualities.) Johnson was more physical and Baldwin shoots it better.
Reminds me a lot Jabari Parker. Hopefully he’s more Jabari, less Jalen.

This same thread is going on at Duke Blue Brotherhood forums except it doesn't have pricks like 1444 in it driving it off the rails every day. I dunno , maybe you guys like some self centered tard launching insults every thread . Bleed it , I see you registered, or did you? Stop by guys, grown up talk only. http://dukebluebrotherhood.freeforums.net/

This same thread is going on at Duke Blue Brotherhood forums except it doesn't have pricks like 1444 in it driving it off the rails every day. I dunno , maybe you guys like some self centered tard launching insults every thread . Bleed it , I see you registered, or did you? Stop by guys, grown up talk only. http://dukebluebrotherhood.freeforums.net/

I second this.

Reactions: skysdad
I second this.
I third this. You don't have to leave this board. I haven't I just don't post to the confrentational comments made here. The DBB board was created to stay away from that. There are many of you that would really enjoy it. It's not for everyone though. There are several of us that post on both boards. If you feel itchy and want to discuss politics or social issues just come here and go to The New Lounge. That was created for a purpose. If you feel you need to voice your opinion about coaches decissions or players not living to expectations you ave a place to do it. I know that some of you would really like the DBB. Just give it a try. There is one thing that we all stand on common ground or at least I hope we do because I think we do have trolls among us and that common ground is we are Duke fans.Some of us are just Duke basketball and some of us like myself are Duke all sports fans but we are Duke fans. Looking forward to those who would like to give DBB a shot to do so. OFC

I did. I just haven't posted anything yet. I'm like the band playing on the titanic. I get tired of the crap here at times. But there are enough good posters like Chris, Sky, and others here that I enjoy still posting. I may still come to DBB in time.

He seems like he has a very similar frame to Kyle Singler after being at Duke a couple years but is closer athletically to Jabari. Think Jabari probably had 20-25+ pounds on Baldwin as a SR in high school.
Kyle Singler had decent strength loved to get physical ? Looks more like Dunlevy but has some KD in him

Wish he would just go ahead and say where he's going so everyone can move on. . Surely he knows by now. Hope it's not like harrison barnes in the fact we thought he was in the bag and of course hof coach roy williams went through that back door with a bowl full of "nanner puddin. " We all know how that ended. At least know that coach cackles davis doesn't have him but you never know. OFC

Wish he would just go ahead and say where he's going so everyone can move on. . Surely he knows by now. Hope it's not like harrison barnes in the fact we thought he was in the bag and of course hof coach roy williams went through that back door with a bowl full of "nanner puddin. " We all know how that ended. At least know that coach cackles davis doesn't have him but you never know. OFC
🤔 interesting enough everyone chosen to go on and on about it , what will he do , that young man has an extremely serious ,big decision to make for his basketball career,maybe he really is struggling to come up with the right one for him

I was way more invested in Harrison Barnes than I am with this kid. Harrison was a locked. Never thought nor do I think Baldwin ends up at Duke. If he comes great, he’ll help us for a season before signing his Nike deal. If not, we’ll have a decent season.

I was way more invested in Harrison Barnes than I am with this kid. Harrison was a locked. Never thought nor do I think Baldwin ends up at Duke. If he comes great, he’ll help us for a season before signing his Nike deal. If not, we’ll have a decent season.

Think you’re going to be proven wrong on Baldwin and may happen much sooner than you think. If he makes a decision this week like the info leaking suggests, he’s Duke bound. If not, we will see what happens. If you’re pulling for Baldwin to Duke, you hope that decision comes very soon.

Think you’re going to be proven wrong on Baldwin and may happen much sooner than you think. If he makes a decision this week like the info leaking suggests, he’s Duke bound. If not, we will see what happens. If you’re pulling for Baldwin to Duke, you hope that decision comes very soon.
Yeah, but if leaking info says Duke why do 5 of 8 “experts” say otherwise?

Reactions: Duke1783
If things turn out like when "that other guy" chose the Cheaters, and we win a national championship, then I'll be happy with Baldwin's decision.

Don't you talk about our resident virologist/epidemiologist like that. That guy is brilliant. Yes...he may be a total ahole but he has never been wrong...about anything. Viruses/coaching/recruiting/social commentary. The man knows it all

Don't you talk about our resident virologist/epidemiologist like that. That guy is brilliant. Yes...he may be a total ahole but he has never been wrong...about anything. Viruses/coaching/recruiting/social commentary. The man knows it all
In 1444s defense, he said he does not check the message board daily and everything he posts is merely a recommendation for the Duke coaching staff

In 1444s defense, he said he does not check the message board daily and everything he posts is merely a recommendation for the Duke coaching staff

You really can’t expect him to check in every day, he’s quite busy fielding calls from the CDC, Coach K, Joe Biden, Elizabeth II, the MyPillow guy, and Meatloaf.

Ask him, he’ll tell you about it.

1444 will do anything for love…But he won’t do that

Wait until he reads all these comments and comes in like a bat out of hell.
And it will read like “blah blah blah, I know more than the CDC, insult random poster, I’m extremely important see, I can’t believe you losers waste your time on a message board talking about Duke basketball when the coaches/players don’t care what you say (even though I’m on the same message board), “do you even get paid for being passionate about duke basketball?”, then one last random user insult for good measure.

Then he’ll unintentionally like the post of other users pointing out that he’s a d-bag.

The guy is guru Gary without the charisma.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
And it will read like “blah blah blah, I know more than the CDC, insult random poster, I’m extremely important see, I can’t believe you losers waste your time on a message board talking about Duke basketball when the coaches/players don’t care what you say (even though I’m on the same message board), “do you even get paid for being passionate about duke basketball?”, then one last random user insult for good measure.

Then he’ll unintentionally like the post of other users pointing out that he’s a d-bag.

The guy is guru Gary without the charisma.
Here’s hoping when he returns he will still be able to see paradise by the dashboard lights

Reactions: Crest is Garbage
I'm just not sure how I feel about this. We all want every player we can get, but I feel like at some point we need to go with who we have.

I want him but only if we don't lose other guys. Particularly Moore, who could be really good next year as a senior. And losing Moore this year would mean we have no upperclassman returning who played meaningful minutes. If Moore decided to move on this would probably be our youngest team ever, so it is important to keep him.

Last edited:
I hope I am wrong. Just meant I won’t be completely broken hearted, like was with Barnes, if he chooses to play for his dad. Time will tell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT