ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds Like Baldwin Playing for His Dad at UWM

We all act as if him staying three years means nothing . He doesn’t have to earn anything in my book. The kid has earned his spot . Read the article on the homepage. Moore is asked to do a lot more then most. If we all think staying three years at Duke means nothing more then you still have to earn minutes as they only upperclassmen to give serious contributions then no one should be upset should he leave. With Baldwin it could mean like I mentioned in an earlier thread , Moore becomes the 2010 version of Scheyer giving Duke one of the biggest starting Five.
We all act as if him staying three years means nothing . He doesn’t have to earn anything in my book. The kid has earned his spot . Read the article on the homepage. Moore is asked to do a lot more then most. If we all think staying three years at Duke means nothing more then you still have to earn minutes as they only upperclassmen to give serious contributions then no one should be upset should he leave. With Baldwin it could mean like I mentioned in an earlier thread , Moore becomes the 2010 version of Scheyer giving Duke one of the biggest starting Five.
Honestly I wasn’t piling on him, he’s a talented veteran and IMO he’s gonna be the heart of this team.

Reactions: christophero
Moore played very well the last half of the season. Griffin didn't even play last year. Wasn't Griffin injured as well? That sounds about even to me; and Moore has a lot of experience. Not a knock on Griffin but a compliment to Moore.

So would you go this route?

Starting 5:

Moore
AJ
Baldwin
Paolo
Williams

Bench:

Roach
Keels
Blakes
Baker
John
Jones
You must have read my mind because that’s exactly my line up.
Keels and Roach first off bench then Baker and John.
Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying he doesn’t have a hick up and Roach takes the starting spot but imo it takes some pressure off of Roach and Blake and allows Keels to build his confidence and let the game come to him.
Also that is three freshman staring so it’s not like fouls won’t occur .

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Moore played very well the last half of the season. Griffin didn't even play last year. Wasn't Griffin injured as well? That sounds about even to me; and Moore has a lot of experience. Not a knock on Griffin but a compliment to Moore.
Think he played more then Baldwin but Griffin is the more athletic out the two .
Either way it’s a good issue to have I just want one team full of chemistry.

I would definitely start Moore for the experience and defense. Even if Baldwin comes. Bring Griffin off the bench like Maggette. No one is guaranteed a starting spot. Moore is a top 25 guy who has 2 year's experience.
I'd go
Roach
Moore
Baldwin
Banchero
Williams
If no Baldwin Griffin at the 3. Otherwise he's a 6th man and gets lots of minutes. Keels and then John. Baker and Blakes if we need them. Still think we need to add one more, as we always seem to have an injury or two. Baldwin or Bagley. If not give more minutes to Baker.
This lineup. Would want a true point guard in Roach handling the ball and a second ball handler in Moore also out there. Make the freshman earn a starting spot throughout the year.

I watched some Baldwin footage today. Man that guy is smooth. Can shoot, handle and drive. Reminds me of Prince that played at Kentucky and for the Pistons. He's not as skinny as Prince. Very skilled for a 6-9 guy. Could easily play the 3 for us. He's more of a perimeter player so he'd fit in nicely with our big men. If Baldwin comes and no one leaves we will be versatile and deep.

Last edited:
I watched some Baldwin footage today. Man that guy is smooth. Can shoot, handle and drive. Reminds me of Prince that played at Kentucky and for the Pistons. He's not as skinny as Prince. Very skilled for a 6-9 guy. Could easily play the 3 for us. He's more of a perimeter player so he'd fit in nicely with our big men.
Did Paolo blow by him multiple times in a game ? I can’t say Prince he was a good defender . I’d say more like Ingram with a better shot at this stage.

Imo... Moore will be part of a star studded team that can have a special season and he will be a major piece...and as a senior will get even heavier minutes than this past season imo

I would definitely start Moore for the experience and defense. Even if Baldwin comes. Bring Griffin off the bench like Maggette. No one is guaranteed a starting spot. Moore is a top 25 guy who has 2 year's experience.
I'd go
Roach
Moore
Baldwin
Banchero
Williams
If no Baldwin Griffin at the 3. Otherwise he's a 6th man and gets lots of minutes. Keels and then John. Baker and Blakes if we need them. Still think we need to add one more, as we always seem to have an injury or two. Baldwin or Bagley. If not give more minutes to Baker.
Did you lose your mind and take Guru Gary’s mind? AJ isn’t coming off any bench behind Wendell Moore.

Griffin had a very severe ankle injury this past Feb and there are some rumors floating around that he may get surgery in the offseason and this may even bleed into next Oct/Nov (I know, it's April and were already talking about guys being out.) Hence why Griffin has dropped in the rankings some, even though when he's right he's a top 5 talent in the country. So if he isn't 100%, Baldwin becomes even more crucial.

Say we land Baldwin, we have 6 really good players. Roach, Moore, Griffin, Baldwin, Banchero, and Williams. We have tons of flexibility, could use some shooting (insert Baker), and our size down low will be ridiculous. My worry with those 6, who do you trust the least? I'd probably say Roach, and that's an issue because he's the PG.

We can talk about all the lineup combo's we want, for example, moving Banchero to the 5 along with Roach, Moore, Baldwin, and Griffin will be absolutely unstoppable on offense. Everything for next year though is dictated on how much better Roach gets. If he can be one of the best PG's in the ACC, we can win #6.

If true that would be Griffin and Baldwin coming off injuries. Is Blakes up for 10 mpg to spell Roach or does Moore back up the point?

Last edited:
If true that would be Griffin and Baldwin coming off injuries. Is Blakes up for 10 mpg to spell Roach or does Moore back up the point?
Moore ran the point quite a bit last year, and I believe he will probably do the same this year, unless Blakes is further along that is suggested! I hope that's the case about Blake's, but I would be comfortable with Moore!!!
OFC

And who will be coaching it...
Yeah, I’m almost positive this is K’s last year. Usually at this point we’ve either gotten a commitment for a player in the following class or we’re the leaders for 2-3 of the top guys. This year? Haven’t offered a single kid in the 2022 class. So yeah I think he’s done after this year.

Its the last dance. The last chance for love. Or a title. Might as well load up and go for it. Comon down Baldwin.

Last edited:
Reactions: timo0402
We could have Roach, Blakes and Moore. Hopefully not just Blakes. Baker mentioned his last go around, but he could change his mind. Keels maybe but he is probably one and done. A team of 9 transfers does not sound appealing. Next year is when we will miss Coleman.

Last edited:
I'd go
Roach
Moore
Baldwin
Banchero
Williams
Heck I would go with defense and scoring. Baldwin/Keels/Moore/Williams/Banchero.
AJ/Theo/Roach/Baker off bench .

Well if we are waiting on a new coach to recruit, when are we gonna know who the next coach is gonna be? Scrambling to fill a recruiting class will not be good for the transition

Well if we are waiting on a new coach to recruit, when are we gonna know who the next coach is gonna be? Scrambling to fill a recruiting class will not be good for the transition

Has K made an announcement I don’t know about? If not, why is this discussion happening?
Even if K ends up retiring, he’s not going to let his assistant coaches go on autopilot for an entire season with regards to recruiting. He’s also not going to telegraph his decision before the end of the next season. He won’t want to put all that pressure on the team to win a title for him during his last year, and he’s not going to give opposing coaches a year worth of press reports to recruit negatively against Duke.

I’ll remind all that this exact same BS was reported by not only fans but recruiting sites because guys like Bryan Antoine, Josiah James, Isiah Stewart, and others chose other programs over Duke in the 2019 class. There were articles out every other week hinting that guys like Jay Wright, Rick Barnes and others were landing recruits that were supposed to be coming to Duke because K was retiring. Fast forward a couple years and he’s still here.

I hate to reel this conversation back to its original topic but is anyone else getting annoyed with Baldwin’s holdout? He’s only gonna be in college for one season so just pick a school already

I hate to reel this conversation back to its original topic but is anyone else getting annoyed with Baldwin’s holdout? He’s only gonna be in college for one season so just pick a school already
He must not be cut out for Duke, right? Cant hack it? 😂

Seems like we have this conversation every year. Sadly, the high school kids do not act on our schedule. He will make up his mind when he makes up his mind and he is entitled to do that on his own time table.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT