ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds Like Baldwin Playing for His Dad at UWM

Has Moore announced he’s returning?

Griffin is a 6’7” small forward and Baldwin is more of a 6’8”-9” stretch four.

Interesting to see what Baldwin does but our bench points should be high this upcoming season.

If I was Baldwin’s Dad, I am telling him you are going to Duke son. I’m not just saying that either. Baldwin coming off injury would get the best medical care and play on the biggest stage where he belongs. As others mentioned, the minutes are more than there and he may even start.
Plus, it is so rare that a coach that is brought or kept because they’re family to a top player doesn’t end up getting sent out the door the day the player announces he’s going pro. Now, if he goes there solely to be coached by his dad with no expectation that his dad is going to be kept at UWM one day more than he would if his son didn’t come play at UWM then okay.

However, unless a team that’s averaged winning like 6 or 7 games Baldwin SR has been there goes to the Sweet 16, Baldwin Jr isn’t going to help save his daddy’s job.

I just feel like if I was his parents I’d push him to actually go somewhere and learn from new people. His whole life he’s learned the game of basketball from his father. I’m sure his dad has a great basketball mind but if you’re his parents wouldn’t you want him to go learn and be coached by someone who is very respected throughout college? I’m not even saying it has to be Duke that they push for. As much as I can’t stand Calipari, going and playing for UK and learning from a guy who has taught multiple NBA players would be awesome. Or go to Georgetown and be taught by Patrick Ewing who was an 11 time all star. K, Cal, and Ewing would all be something new to Baldwin and in my opinion would help improve his game so much. Just competing against the talent would be an advantage. I have a hard time believing that Baldwin really wants to go to UMW when he could go to Duke, UK, or Georgetown and get so much more recognition and experience.

Reactions: christophero
If Baldwin goes to Georgetown it will be revenge for Grant Hill, who almost was a Hoya.

Saw where Gonzaga and another program lost a five star that committed to the gleague elite program. Baldwin could be mulling that route.

Foster I think. he was a five star but hadn’t committed yet . I’m sorry it’s the ignite gleague team same one green and Kuminga played for.

Foster I think. he was a five star but hadn’t committed yet . I’m sorry it’s the ignite gleague team same one green and Kuminga played for.
Foster has been a lock to the G League, as has Jaden Hardy, for months. Zeng deciding to decommit from Gonzaga is really interesting news. Should move us up to the #2 recruiting class (without Baldwin) on all sites.

Foster has been a lock to the G League, as has Jaden Hardy, for months. Zeng deciding to decommit from Gonzaga is really interesting news. Should move us up to the #2 recruiting class (without Baldwin) on all sites.
Not really . He stayed one of the reasons was because the assistant who recruited him took the Arizona job and he was one of the reason he chose Gonzaga . Him leaving played a key factor .

The G League Select team is a pacified opportunity. They are covered. As much as we want to say 18 year olds can play in the league, they won't play on teams with those aren't select?

Not really . He stayed one of the reasons was because the assistant who recruited him took the Arizona job and he was one of the reason he chose Gonzaga . Him leaving played a key factor .
You may be dead on. I hadn’t heard of Fanbo Zeng until about a week ago, as it seems every recruiting site but 247 still hasn’t reported Zeng has decommitted Gonzaga for the G League and much less explained the reason for it.

He’s barely a top 100 player. If he’s that attached to Lloyd, one would think that he’d follow him to Zona or go play overseas vs going to ride the pine in the G League.

Reactions: geddoughton23
You may be dead on. I hadn’t heard of Fanbo Zeng until about a week ago, as it seems every recruiting site but 247 still hasn’t reported Zeng has decommitted Gonzaga for the G League and much less explained the reason for it.

He’s barely a top 100 player. If he’s that attached to Lloyd, one would think that he’d follow him to Zona or go play overseas vs going to ride the pine in the G League.
There was a news article Friday about it. I think someone got on his ear about the gleague and he took it.

One thing I do know is every gleague ignite game was just about on tv last season.

The G League Select team is a pacified opportunity. They are covered. As much as we want to say 18 year olds can play in the league, they won't play on teams with those aren't select?
I’m not exactly sure what you’re trying to say here, but they all play on the same team because Ignite is not affiliated with an NBA team like the rest of the league.

Reactions: sheyduke
Baldwin is really dragging this out
Not for nothing but it makes you think if he ain’t thinking gleague . There’s no one else to leave Duke that would effect him and if it’s his dad he should pick him or maybe Georgetown it really is.

This could be good. Not sure how I'd feel if we lost Moore though. He'd have to be okay with less minutes

Last edited:
This could be good. Not sure how I'd feel if we lost Moore though. He'd have to be okay with less minutes

I don't think we lose Moore if we get Baldwin. Then again, I didn't think we'd only be returning two freshmen from last season in Roach and Williams.

We still may not get Baldwin. But the things that make it interesting is The Bagley/Zion Phenomena. The late signing. Or Justise, I think he was the same way.

I don’t much get it I’m assuming with certainty him and his father speak daily. So what’s the hold up? Gtown? Attention?

Either that or he can work his ass off in the off-season and earn minutes
We all act as if him staying three years means nothing . He doesn’t have to earn anything in my book. The kid has earned his spot . Read the article on the homepage. Moore is asked to do a lot more then most. If we all think staying three years at Duke means nothing more then you still have to earn minutes as they only upperclassmen to give serious contributions then no one should be upset should he leave. With Baldwin it could mean like I mentioned in an earlier thread , Moore becomes the 2010 version of Scheyer giving Duke one of the biggest starting Five.

Totally agree, Shey. Moore showed guts and class after struggling mightily during the first half of the season. IMO he played quite well the second half. He’s the closest version of CWell we’ve had. I am very confident he’s going to play a big role this year.

Reactions: sheyduke
We all act as if him staying three years means nothing . He doesn’t have to earn anything in my book. The kid has earned his spot . Read the article on the homepage. Moore is asked to do a lot more then most. If we all think staying three years at Duke means nothing more then you still have to earn minutes as they only upperclassmen to give serious contributions then no one should be upset should he leave. With Baldwin it could mean like I mentioned in an earlier thread , Moore becomes the 2010 version of Scheyer giving Duke one of the biggest starting Five.
So would you go this route?

Starting 5:

Moore
AJ
Baldwin
Paolo
Williams

Bench:

Roach
Keels
Blakes
Baker
John
Jones

I would definitely start Moore for the experience and defense. Even if Baldwin comes. Bring Griffin off the bench like Maggette. No one is guaranteed a starting spot. Moore is a top 25 guy who has 2 year's experience.
I'd go
Roach
Moore
Baldwin
Banchero
Williams
If no Baldwin Griffin at the 3. Otherwise he's a 6th man and gets lots of minutes. Keels and then John. Baker and Blakes if we need them. Still think we need to add one more, as we always seem to have an injury or two. Baldwin or Bagley. If not give more minutes to Baker.

Last edited:
I agree regarding Moore, an experienced 3rd year player is better than all but the top ranked freshman. But if Griffin is really good, don't you think K will ignore the positions and go with the 5 best including Griffin?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT