ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds Like Baldwin Playing for His Dad at UWM

Bahahahaha. Just so we’re clear, you’re cool with him doing that and the other shit he did while at Duke?

I'm cool with him trying to dissuade a recruit from coming here if he's also recruiting that player at the school he's coaching at. I never once mentioned anything other than that.

I'm cool with him trying to dissuade a recruit from coming here if he's also recruiting that player at the school he's coaching at. I never once mentioned anything other than that.
Pssst....that’s also what he did while at Duke

Who cares what he did, it didn’t work .
We will see what this Crop of one and done’s will do with what ever players return next season. Summer sessions are right around the corner so hopefully in a month we will know exactly what the roster is.

Who cares what he did, it didn’t work .
We will see what this Crop of one and done’s will do with what ever players return next season. Summer sessions are right around the corner so hopefully in a month we will know exactly what the roster is.
True it didn’t work, but the attempt is still just as bad. This is the only one WE know. No telling what else he’s said that HAS worked!
But you’re right, I’m looking forward to next year’s squad.

No, it's called negative recruiting. It's uncool. Focus on selling yourself, not disparaging the competition. Have some damn class.
Right! It’s wrong, but expected outside the Duke family, but coming from within? I would be just as pissed if Capel, Collins or Hurley were doing what Paulus did as well.

We still don’t know if Williams, Moore or Baker are returning. Talk about having to recruit year round
Think about the class of 86 with Amaker trailing a year coaching was almost a different profession then compared to the current day sh show

Reactions: sheyduke
No, it's called negative recruiting. It's uncool. Focus on selling yourself, not disparaging the competition. Have some damn class.
No, it's not being negative. If a coach knows a player is looking for playing time and he tells said player that he'll get more playing time at his school than at another school the player is also considering, it's perfectly fine.

No, it's not being negative. If a coach knows a player is looking for playing time and he tells said player that he'll get more playing time at his school than at another school the player is also considering, it's perfectly fine.
Keep digging...but for Greg Paulus?

Agreed. It is perfectly fine...if you're a weasel.

Paolo has been in talks with those guys already
Posted that knowing he had already talked to them but things can always change time will tell. Funny only roach has committed to returning ( no I’m not even sure about that but he’s the only one no rumors have been heard about).

Posted that knowing he had already talked to them but things can always change time will tell. Funny only roach has committed to returning ( no I’m not even sure about that but he’s the only one no rumors have been heard about).
Oh my bad!
My advice: Just assume everyone is leaving and when they dont, you will be pleasantly surprised and beat your own expectations.

Reactions: sheyduke
Why hasn't UCLA lost anyone to transfer? Juzang is probably gone but he is projected in the late first round. I remember when guys wanted to play for Duke. I realize it is happening at most places, but we have had 3 early NBA draft defections and 4 transfers and counting. We're getting it from both sides.

The team needs a leader. Between Mark and Paolo they may have 2. Too bad they are there for one year.

Let’s go for Broke. What I like most is Paolo said he would be at Duke June 6. I think this young man is on a mission to create team chemistry and let every player know they count on this squad.

That’s why I kept trying to tell fans this freshmen class is different, literally and physically. We have to stop painting OAD players with the same brush

Everything that has happened lately, tells me Baldwin is coming to Duke. Brakefield and Coleman transferring (when minutes were seemingly available) and then the only transfer we took was John, who wouldn't be competing with Baldwin for minutes anyway.

His recruitment has gone on farrrrr too long, and I'm ready for it to be over. I remember when Banchero committed in August, feels like forever ago, but it was almost guaranteed that Baldwin would be next. The minutes are there, our only true small forwards are Wendell and Joey, and Wendell has a lot of flexibility in that he can (and will) play the 1, 2, or 3.

It would make zero sense for him NOT to come to Duke, again, plenty of minutes available for him. However, not much has made sense in the world of college basketball so I'm ready for anything.

If I was Baldwin’s Dad, I am telling him you are going to Duke son. I’m not just saying that either. Baldwin coming off injury would get the best medical care and play on the biggest stage where he belongs. As others mentioned, the minutes are more than there and he may even start.
I know as a dad I would love my son to play for me. I also feel like I would tell my son, look I’d love you to play for me but you have a chance to go to Duke, go play at Duke and get to the NBA son.

Even if Baldwin comes it sounds like Moore is back. We may lose Baker but that is an upgrade. Call me crazy but I'd rather have a junior Moore than Baldwin. Both would be nice.

Even if Baldwin comes it sounds like Moore is back. We may lose Baker but that is an upgrade. Call me crazy but I'd rather have a junior Moore than Baldwin. Both would be nice.

I understand why you would say that but keep in mind, we lack three point shooting. Is Keels and Baker our best three point shooters? Moore is not very good from three at all. I think Baldwin could be our best three point shooter if he comes. For that reason, I would have to go with Baldwin over Moore. I don’t think you can win a title without adequate three point shooting somewhere. As it currently stands, not sure we have enough. I could be wrong, I’m certainly not ready to dig my heals in on it.

Reactions: christophero
I agree we need to replace Hurt's and Steward's shooting. From what I have seen of Griffin he is not much of a shooter.

Everyone seems to think we need Baldwin. Maybe we do. Can’t forget the little experience we have coming back. We need Moore, Roach, and possibly Baker to be contributors.

See 2015

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT