ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Answer the question correctly, Give the next question. No cheating.

Ok this one may be limited to Yankee fans or posters that live in N.C. but it's a good question and by process of elimination it should be answered rather quickly . What position did Don Mattingley play while in the minors for the Greensboro Hornets. OFC

I lived in Greensboro at the time and went to many games but that was some time ago.

Was it 3B?

Matt Winters may have been at 1b....been awhile...

Reactions: skysdad

Ok I said no hints but it obvious one is needed without uncle answering it. He didn't play ss or catcher because he was left handed. Not 1st base. Now if you all will scroll up the answer will then be obvious. OFC

Last edited:
I lived in Greensboro at the time and went to many games but that was some time ago.

Was it 3B?

Matt Winters may have been at 1b....been awhile...

I actually think Todd Demeter was at 1st base when Mattingly was there and Winters was in RF. OFC

Ok this one is just too hard. You guys have until 10:00 p.m. before uncle gets his say. OFC

I can see Don now. Coming in on a short fly ball and making that sliding catch, getting up and throw out the runner trying to score from third . That play really happened while I was there. I thought he would be a major leaguer and he made it as a starter in 1983. He did play his Hornet position a few games in 1983 but that position was held at the time by Dave Winfield who played 121 games at the position in 1983. OFC

Mattingly is my favorite Yankee of all time.

Well time is up and I think you guys are just messing with me . Of course the answer is left field.

The next question. In MLB the last 5 triple crown winners have came from the American League. Name the last 3 and if you feel strong enough name all 5 but only the last three is required. OFC

I thought it was Cabrera or Pujols who did it most recently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT