ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Answer the question correctly, Give the next question. No cheating.

Just got home from working at the lake and baseball score keeping so off the top of my head what does 6-6-3 mean in scoring baseball or softball. OFC

The way I score that is a ground ball to short, he steps on 2nd and makes the throw to first for the double play but I can see also how hart could be right OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
Who was the lone transfer from the 1992 National Championship team? And where did he finish his college basketball career?

Thanks Devz! Duke brought in 6 players from the hs class of '02: There was JJ of course and Shelden. A fierce recruiting battle landed Shavlik Randolph. We also landed Sean Dockery and Lee Melchionni.

Can you Name the 6th player, and where he transferred to in his soph year????

OFC

Since the NABC (National Association of Basketball Coaches) started giving out a defensive player of the year award in '85-'86, a Duke player has won it 9 times (6 different players), easily the most. Who was the second Duke player to win the award? Bonus points for the year as well. A pat on the back...ha.

Last edited:
That must be the fastest correct answer ever, sky. Ha. Billy King it is but it was the '87-'88 season. You're up.

Last edited:
Cant get much past Sky! OFC

Thanks. Billy was one of my favorites.

Ok here's the question and I think it's fairly easy. I sort of like to keep this going. What professional sport did Max Patkin play and what was he most famous for doing. OFC

Thanks. Billy was one of my favorites.

Ok here's the question and I think it's fairly easy. I sort of like to keep this going. What professional sport did Max Patkin play and what was he most famous for doing. OFC

Baseball. Max was better known for traveling the minor league baseball circuit, entertaining the fans as a comedian in a baseball uniform at ballgames. He would do all kinds of skits and routines to crack up the spectators.

OFC

Baseball. Max was better known for traveling the minor league baseball circuit, entertaining the fans as a comedian in a baseball uniform at ballgames. He would do all kinds of skits and routines to crack up the spectators.

OFC

Good job hart. Known as "The Clown Prince of Baseball" he was a funny guy. Saw him once. He did play in the majors and once gave up a home run to Joe Dimaggio. He threw his glove in the air and ran the bases with Joe. The crowd loved it so he made it his thing. You are up. OFC

Good job hart. Known as "The Clown Prince of Baseball" he was a funny guy. Saw him once. He did play in the majors and once gave up a home run to Joe Dimaggio. He threw his glove in the air and ran the bases with Joe. The crowd loved it so he made it his thing. You are up. OFC

Sky thanks, Max worked really hard to entertain the fans....OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Obviously The GOAT (Coach K) had the most improbable run of final four appearances starting in '86. In fact, from 86 thru 94 there were only TWO instances the Devils didnt make the Final Four.

Name the years and teams who upended us-

OFC

Not Georgetown or Kansas. 1997 was their last trip to the Elite 8... previous Elite 8 appearance was in 1987.

You got it, hart! Lead us to victory!

Thanks double d!!! Ok speaking of Providence, they were as you duly noted knocked out in '97 by Arizona. However Providence had previously eliminated our Blue Devils, 98-87. Who coached the Friars that year?

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT