ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL ACCT THREAD (excluding Duke games)

dukiejay

Mar 2, 2005
Minneapolis
Here's where we can discuss what's happening this week and weekend in Brooklyn.

Boston College got it all started today with a 10-point victory over Georgia Tech. I don't think they're going to be a pushover for State. Those BC guards are the truth. When they get going they're capable of beating anyone, as we all know.

Notre Dame is out to a 12-point halftime lead against Pitt. I think the Panthers are just hoping to be put out of their misery today....and I can't blame them. What an awful year. The Irish need today AND tomorrow against VT to get themselves in the conversation for an at-large berth.

Should be a fun five days in Brooklyn....just hoping we're still there at the end.

It's easy to see why Cam Johnson wanted to get away from there. The cheats better be glad he did. Without him they would be no where as good!!!
OFC

It's easy to see why Cam Johnson wanted to get away from there. The cheats better be glad he did. Without him they would be no where as good!!!
OFC

I was thinking that same thing just the other day. I know that Pinson is the 'better' player for the Heels, but Cam at least gives them a viable third scoring option. That's not something Pinson can regularly supply.....because that's not his game. Cam Johnson was a huge addition for them this season.

Reactions: sheyduke
How do you shoot 34% from the field against Pitt? Not sure if Bonzie somehow disrupts the chemistry, but that certainly wasn't a good look for ND...

I think we should all root for Syracuse tonight. I like the idea of Boeheim being an O-for at the ACC Tournament, but Cuse could realistically upset UNC tomorrow. I would think SU would have favorable fan support in Brooklyn, too.

Notre Dame barely escaped Pitt. Bring it on Irish.

The reason N.D. won this game is because of good free throw shooting specially in crunch time. They just went up to the line and calmly knocked them down. That's what we need to do to win the whole thing plus continue to play good D and play like we are the best. OFC

Why are we just assuming it’s going to be ND? The still got to beat the Hokies

I really thought GT would beat BC but their guards are good

If Tech plays with emotion they can hang with anyone as evidenced by multiple big wins in ACC play. They are hot or cold though. Never sure which team is gonna show up. I think it’s vetybshort sighted to think ND rolls over them.

My son is a Tech grad and I do pull for them. I like Buzz.

And I’m in the camp of let’s beat UNC and UVA. I think that would give us a ton of confidence heading into the NCAA.

Watching Wake play I haven't been too impressed with Manning this year. I expected more from him at Wake.
I don't think he will keep his job, but could be given one more year. I could also see Childress taking over.

Watching Wake play I haven't been too impressed with Manning this year. I expected more from him at Wake.
Yea I posed this question in another thread. I asked if Manning would still be Wakes Coach next year? It’s not like he has had terrible talent either. I will be surprised if he is the head coach next year at Wake!

I didn’t get to watch the ND game today. I know a lot of people on here seem worried about playing them but what happened that they only beat Pitt by 3!?

Last edited:
I didn’t get to watch the ND game today. I know a lot of people on here seem worried about playing them but what happened that they only beat Wake by 3!?
I checked on the score a few times but didn’t really watch the game but it was Pitt that they beat by 3 not Wake.

Last edited:
I am probably jinxing NC State, but I think they will beat Boston College and also Virginia.

Do you guys watch a lot of games other than Duke? I can't hardly do it. If my team isn't playing, I typically don't care who wins and it is basically boring to me to sit and watch it when I'm not cheering for anyone. Same with football. I watch Clemson and no one else.

Do you guys watch a lot of games other than Duke? I can't hardly do it. If my team isn't playing, I typically don't care who wins and it is basically boring to me to sit and watch it when I'm not cheering for anyone. Same with football. I watch Clemson and no one else.
not me,i watch every game I can,once the madness starts,my wife will probably spend a couple weekends with her sister or girlfriends,i'll be unavailable!

As long as we win our first game in the ACC Tournament, that's all that matters to me.

No team has won the NCAA Tournament without winning at least one game in their conference tournament.

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
I think VT beats ND tonight. Colson doesn't have his legs back yet. On top of that, us Duke fans know how hard it is to integrate a very talented player back into the starting lineup...

I am probably jinxing NC State, but I think they will beat Boston College and also Virginia.

I think State is going to have their hands full today, but we'll see. It will come down to Yurtseven (sp) and whether or not he has a big game. BC has the guards, but they lack size underneath. The Eagles could have a nice team next season as long as Robinson and Bowman don't get greedy and try to go pro.

This time of year I watch a lot more than in the regular season....and if you asked my wife, she would probably say I watch a lot then, too. The ACCT is my favorite, and next to next weekend (the first weekend of the NCAAT), these are my two favorite weeks as a college basketball fan. It's just a fun time of year.

I just have a feeling today is upset city. I think all four underdogs win outright:

LOU
FSU -1.0
***Louisiville Wins

BC
NCSU -3.5
***BC Wins

ND -3.0
VT
***VT Wins

CUSE
UNC -7.0
***Syracuse Wins (not really an upset imo)

The next few weeks....what a great time of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT