ADVERTISEMENT

Note to Skysdad: Please pay the refs more next UNC game

gottagonow

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Apr 14, 2010
If you go over to the "Duke should be worried thread" at Looney Tunes Land, we are in a world of trouble going forward and the only reason we won last night was the officials and our lucky 3 point shooting. Can you Sky or anyone with the connections please pay the officials for the seasons final ACC game with the holes earlier so we don't have to worry about a 2 point game. We are so lucky to have the officials in our pockets so we can defeat the Holes.

ofc

This post was edited on 2/19 8:08 PM by gottagonow

That's awesome. I guess the refs have been paid the last 4 out of 5 games now.. Good stuff hope they drown in their misery.

My people are in negotiations with the officials for the next game and part of the deal is that they will be paid after the second game for both. That way they have a reason to honor their commitment.

I still think that they are charging us twice as much as they charge them for the first game last year.

I can't believe nothing has been mentioned about the "Towel" incident? Remember when Jah went for a towel to wipe off with before he shot his FT's late? Well, there is a Video on Yahoo that showed one of the Ref's handing a towel to Tyus, and the caption said, "Referee just being nice"?!! Seems someone was trying to stir the pot!!
Anybody know who was responsible for that, or are you just going to blame poor Sky?!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Don't you worry, Sky is taking care of business.

SkyShowstheMoney.jpg

OFC

My social security check comes this coming week. I don't know how much longer I can hold out because they are asking for just about everything I got and are threatening to go to some of the THR crowd and start a bidding war. If it comes to that I'm gonna need some help.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
OFC

Originally posted by skysdad:
My social security check comes this coming week. I don't know how much longer I can hold out because they are asking for just about everything I got and are threatening to go to some of the THR crowd and start a bidding war. If it comes to that I'm gonna need some help.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
OFC
Maybe we could auction off some off UNC's textbooks cause Lord knows they aren't using them.

Originally posted by bluedevilfan42:

Originally posted by skysdad:
3dgrin.r191677.gif
OFC
Maybe we could auction off some off UNC's textbooks cause Lord knows they aren't using them.
That sounds like a good idea, Bluedevilfan!
And Sky, don't let those refs hold you up...you pay them plenty. Man, greed is going to ruin this game yet.

OFC

Originally posted by germantondevil:
That's awesome. I guess the refs have been paid the last 4 out of 5 games now.. Good stuff hope they drown in their misery.
Don't know about all of those lost games, but there was definitely a cash payment to the refs in the Louisville game. No way anyone can come back from a deficit against the mighty Heels.

Originally posted by GAAP:
Originally posted by germantondevil:
Don't know about all of those lost games, but there was definitely a cash payment to the refs in the Louisville game. No way anyone can come back from a deficit against the mighty Heels.
I don't think Sky was getting a Social Security check when UNC was beating us all those times in years past so he couldn't pay them off. Sky we could have a pitched in a few dollars but you didn't ask. Those loses are on you.

Speaking of Social Security checks, when I got my first one I thought it awesome for Uncle Sam to give me free money. I wasn't thinking so well then.

ofc

One of my favorite parts of winning the game is going over there to watch the meltdown. Even my fiance started looking and laughing. Mikeirby might be a comedian as far as i'm concerned.

Do refs get paid thru direct deposit or cash in the dressing room before games?

Did they really say "lucky three point shooting?" I understand they can't shoot from the perimeter as a team, but all they have to do is watch most of the games Duke has played in this year. Teams can make that shot.

Originally posted by Laettner:
Originally posted by Laettner:
Depends on where the game is. When they are at Cameron I give the cash in a white envelope to my Iron Duke buddy who then gives the cash to my buddy the clock operator who is also on the payroll. He then gives the cash to the officials before the game starts. I don't pay the refs every game only the games we win. It would look fishy if we went undefeated every year. When not at Cameron I do direct deposit. Home games are a whole lot more expensive because the clock operator is a prima donna. (spell) When I do go to games in person I pay the clock operator myself. With the Miami game this year it was a matter of some things that just didn't do well. The officials in that game were honest and refused to be paid off.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
OFC

Sky is any of that payoff money tax deductible as it did go towards the universities benefit. There should be some tax loophole you can use.

ofc

Well it is illegal and I certainly wouldn't want for the I.R.S. to find out about it. Also it would get the officials and the clock operator in trouble with the I.R.S. because I'm sure they don't report it. I would like to keep this discreet . I'm already worried that some THR poster has lurked over here and has reported me. This is for D.I. eyes posters only to see. If I do get into trouble I'm just going to deny it all.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT