ADVERTISEMENT

Next years minutes

Word is Reeves may not redshirt. I think it depends on whether or not we bring in a good big from the portal. That would give Duke Flip, Mitchell, Lively, and Reeves down low next season. Not trying to be negative, but that's not ideal.

We need more than Reeves. To quote the old Wendy's commercial "where's the beef?" Look at us this year. as we've said countless times, we need a Theo.
Agreed! We need a lot of guys from the portal, haha Who is our starting five if we add no one? Roach, Whitehead, Baker, Flip, and Lively?

Reactions: christophero
whats going on with the other perennial contending programs? We know UNC has players returning...what about Kansas, Villanova, Baylor, UK or in the B10?.....or are we alone in the yearly turnover of our roster? ( as it seems)
UK is returing the NPOY and I believe Wheeler. KU got gutted. Who cares about the Big10 they peter out in March anyways

Find it funny that most on here act like North Carolina will have an all time great team next year. Those douchebags lost 11 games last year. They had an extremely easy path to the Final 4. Those guys are massively overrated right now....
Yeah, they were an 8 seed who we SMOKED in chapel hill not that long before the tourney. They then squeezed a couple of wins out against us and overachieved for about 4 games in the NCAA tourney. This is not like a normal national championship runner up team returning 4 starters. This is a fringe top 25 team returning four starters.

Carolina will be very good next year and we will have our hands full with them, I'm sure. But I will be surprised if we aren't competitive with them both in head to head games and in ACC conference ranking.

But UNC improved once they put Davis at the point. They ended the last 10 games or so like a top 10 team. They improved. People do the same thing with Roach. He improved, or is he still the guy from the first half of the season? I hate UNC, but they are going to be very good next year. Not saying we can't beat them, but it will be tough. We just lost 5 guys to the NBA, and Theo. They lost one guy. Now if we score 2 impact guys in the portal, things could change.

Last edited:
He asked a when question. You responded with a why answer. Humorous in its own pathetic way, but put the whistle down and mind your own business.
Thank you sir.

just ignore that no-talent arse clown - he’s seeking attention.

Reactions: KDSTONE
UK is returing the NPOY and I believe Wheeler. KU got gutted. Who cares about the Big10 they peter out in March anyways
its crazy that the NPOY doesnt have a spot in the league, he would essentially be Bismack Byombo'ish......he made a business decision, he will make a good deal of money in NIL as opposed to a late 2nd round draft status that I read...????

Mark Mitchell is kind of the forgotten guy in this class, at least by me. He's really good. He was flying around and dunking everywhere in the MAA game. Could be a Maggette type guy off the bench. Not sure about his shooting but he sure is athletic and seems to have a great motor, and would be a star recruit on most other teams. I wouldn't expect a year 2 out of him but you never know.

Last edited:
Yeah I would assume Mitchell will be a one and done too. I think the top four from this class will be gone after the season is complete. Don’t think Mitchell is forgotten about at all, he will be one of the top scoring players on next years team. He might end up starting some depending on our final roster too.

Yeah I would assume Mitchell will be a one and done too. I think the top four from this class will be gone after the season is complete. Don’t think Mitchell is forgotten about at all, he will be one of the top scoring players on next years team. He might end up starting some depending on our final roster too.
Not all 4 will. Good chance Flip will be back for a second year.

• Haha
Reactions: toophly1124
Don’t think Duke can count on any of their top freshman ever coming back. How many in the past that should of come back that didn’t. Maybe he will surprise us, but in my opinion the odds are definitely more in the favor of him leaving after one year. But I guess it all depends on how Flip plays this season and where he is projected. Williams hardly played the beginning of his freshman season and still almost left after one season.

With the current roster- the four freshman will all start. Very rarely has a freshman come to duke ranked in the top 20 (all four are) and not started. Not sure why that changes this year.

With the current roster- the four freshman will all start. Very rarely has a freshman come to duke ranked in the top 20 (all four are) and not started. Not sure why that changes this year.
I don't disagree, and think the only way all four don't start would be if Keels comes back. But that's a pretty slim chance.

AJ, Bolden, Jeter come to mind. Hurt was a top 10-12 guy who came off the bench some of his first year. The top 10 guys, other than AJ who was injured, almost always start. Keels got off to a hot start so AJ might have came off the bench anyway.

Last edited:
Flip would be a 4 year guy at UNC. At Duke he's one and done.
(agree Flip could be a 2 year guy, but I wouldn't bet on it)

One (not the only one) factor in Duke Freshman not coming back is that there are guys coming in the next class who would cut into their playing time and perhaps start over them.

Steward and Hurt would not have started this year (I know Keels signed after Steward left but Steward may have seen the handwriting). Some of the guys coming in in 2023 will push the freshman coming in this fall.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
Whoever spends that first round pick on Baldwin better have good job security. I wouldn't be surprised to see him drop to the early second.

Reactions: pisgah101
any new news on this
We could have another charity wrestling event. That might bring in a lot of money to be able to use as NIL for some of these kids.
Could you see one of these kids doing an advertisement for Peckers Potted Meat?

What ya think @smashmouth5 ?

We could have another charity wrestling event. That might bring in a lot of money to be able to use as NIL for some of these kids.
Could you see one of these kids doing an advertisement for Peckers Potted Meat?

What ya think @smashmouth5 ?

that’s actually a heck of a idea.. we can organize it and I’ll hold the money… for the players obviously

Whoever spends that first round pick on Baldwin better have good job security. I wouldn't be surprised to see him drop to the early second.
Better get ready then because he won’t fall out the first round . He won’t go lottery but he’ll go first round simply for his height and shooting

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT