ADVERTISEMENT

Mock NBA Draft

acc hoops

Cameron Crazy
Mar 24, 2004
Bleacher Report has Hurt going to Lakers w 24th pick. First time I have seen him projected that high.
‘Another site has Stewart as 52nd pick to Portland. That would be a perfect spot for him.

That's the highest I've heard for Hurt. Most I've looked at have him early to late 2nd round or not at all. DJ is always late 2nd and mostly doesn't appear in the top 60. I think both of these guys are G league bound in all eventuality. Or at least Hurt is more than likely ending up in Europe.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Bleacher Report has Hurt going to Lakers w 24th pick. First time I have seen him projected that high.
‘Another site has Stewart as 52nd pick to Portland. That would be a perfect spot for him.

You do realize that there is a DJ Stewart from Mississippi State that’s in every mock draft and our guy is DJ StewarD (not StewarT)? May want to check the school the player is coming from and the spelling of the last name. I haven’t seen our DJ on any mock draft boards.

You do realize that there is a DJ Stewart from Mississippi State that’s in every mock draft and our guy is DJ StewarD (not StewarT)? May want to check the school the player is coming from and the spelling of the last name. I haven’t seen our DJ on any mock draft boards.

I believe you're right, Stewart is the one who is on most draft boards. Steward rarely shows up. Maybe DJ saw the same mock draft and got confused? Kidding, of course. I think DJ needs another year at Duke. But, he can go to the G league and get paid learning most of what he would learn at Duke there. I still think this is a poor choice on his part, but he's gone. So, we wish him the best and move forward.

Facts are sooo inconvenient sometimes.

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
Fact. HoopsHype has compiled mock drafts from ESPN, NBADraft.net,CBS,Bleacher Report,Sports Illustrated, Yahoo and The Athletic. DJ Steward from Duke is 42nd.

I've seen Steward on a couple of draft boards, but not a whole lot and never higher than 42nd. Interestingly enough, there are draft boards that have Steward, but not Hurt. Very few have them both together. And one I saw had Matt in the first round. I do believe Matt will be drafted. DJ, I am just not so sure he will be drafted.

I don’t watch a lot of NBA until playoffs. I do enjoy following the draft and how GMs try to pick players that fit their team’s playing style. I could see Hurt fitting in with the Lakers especially if he were on the floor w AD and Lebron. He would get a lot of open looks .

I watch sparingly up until the playoffs. Being a Spurs fan I don't get to see a ton of games unless they're playing top tier teams or if it's on NBA TV. The draft will be very interesting this season. My hope is both Hurt and Steward are drafted. And that they can contribute. I do find it interesting that Jalen has dropped on many boards into the late teens or early 20's of the first round. How much of that is related to his "opting out" of the season?

Jalen was not the ball handler I thought he would be. I was expecting Ben Simmons type production from him. I think a few teams may worry about a chemistry issue. He didn‘t seem to make his teammates better which is what I hope we get to see from Baldwin{ if we get him].

I agree. My expectations for Jalen were that his passing would make everyone on floor better. It didn't. He was a walking turnover at times. A bit of a black hole on offense.

The small sample size of what I have seen from Baldwin tells me he's a better all around player than Jalen. Or at least seems to be.

I think being a coach’s son would show up in the way he plays the game.
Hope AJ, Banchero and Keels can get him on board. We would be in for a hell of a ride

I read there will be no announcement date. He won’t be doing this on TV. It will be a low key press announcement.

I just heard rumors Baldwin may be announcing tomorrow. (From DBR and Baldwin's twitter)
Fingers crossed.

Baldwin would be the cherry on top for Duke next year.
‘I would be betting $ on the Ky game as soon as the line came out.

Reactions: christophero
I'm greedy for more good news now. I want Williams back and one of Hurt/Baldwin. We've had enough bad news.

Reactions: JCColsCane
Some are saying it won’t be Baldwin announcing tomorrow and expect his announcement to be more spur of the moment. No one I think knows what Baldwin is doing except him. The big guy we were looking at said to be headed to Bama is also who some thinks announces tomorrow. Hard to see Baldwin coming with our knowing Hurts intensions.

Mark Williams projected #11 in the 2022 draft. That worries me, I think he could go first round this year. Mark coming back is everything for next year, could be the difference between a title team and a Sweet 16 team.

Man we could be loaded if Mark stays, for the 2022 draft projections....
3. Banchero
8. (Baldwin)
11. Big Mark
15. Griffin (I bet he is top 10) He has dropped a bit due to injuries.

Wow that's the first time I've even seen Wiliams in the first round. Maybe the scouts finally saw him dominate at the end of the season? If we lose Williams I doubt we're even sweet 16. Unless we get another quality big in the portal. We need Mark back.

Wow that's the first time I've even seen Wiliams in the first round. Maybe the scouts finally saw him dominate at the end of the season? If we lose Williams I doubt we're even sweet 16. Unless we get another quality big in the portal. We need Mark back.
That’s the first round next year.

Very rarely do I see a player I would want to draft in the first round except for the obvious top 5 picks. Mark Williams is a player I would love to have him on my NBA team. He's a legitimate 7 feet, runs well, is improving, is smart, and certainly looks like a great teammate. If he returns, I think that he will be a top 10 pick in 2022

I think that just shows how much he can move up by staying and improving.

I think Williams stays one more year. Would not be surprised to see him test the waters. But every year we say a guy can/should stay and improve to improve their draft stock, and every year guys leave. Tre was an exception. Moore and Hurt don't really count as they weren't getting drafted last year. Now if Hurt returns, my faith will be restored. But I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I think Williams stays one more year. Would not be surprised to see him test the waters. But every year we say a guy can/should stay and improve to improve their draft stock, and every year guys leave. Tre was an exception. Moore and Hurt don't really count as they weren't getting drafted last year. Now if Hurt returns, my faith will be restored. But I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

If Hurt comes back I'll eat my shoe.

The latest Sporting News mock draft has Jalen Johnson at....35??? I am well aware he will not drop below 20 probably but this is curious. Honestly I'd have him at late first round/early second but I'm not a fan. Also the all rookie team was announced. Isiah Steward made second team. I was wondering why he wasn't higher on mock drafts last year. Rebounding and defense are always needed.

Last edited:
The knicks have been in frequent contact with Johnson since the combine.
mom starting to see Hurt as a role player like Robinson down in Miami.

The Knicks have the 19th pick.
Juzang from UCLA is shooting terribly at the combine. In 2 scrimmages he was 5 of 23 or something. I wonder if he returns to UCLA.

Last edited:
Reactions: sheyduke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT