ADVERTISEMENT

Miles Plumlee caught with weed!

Why didn't you expect him to be one of our players to have this trouble?

People will blow this way out of proportion. Dumb decision yes! Hope Miles learns from this and puts this behind him. Really no big deal if you u ask me.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
OAD more of a type. Not someone who went to Duke 4 years and has been in the league for 7 plus years.

Lots of people smoke weed. No matter how long they went to school or how long they've played pro sports. No one group has a monopoly on weed.

Reactions: nupe300
Not the point i was making. Normally when you do things that are illegal, whether it should be illegal or not, you get caught up. Now him going so long without getting caught is surprising. Not trying to label it as a black thing, white thing, poor thing or whatever. That would be limited thinking.

Not the point i was making. Normally when you do things that are illegal, whether it should be illegal or not, you get caught up. Now him going so long without getting caught is surprising. Not trying to label it as a black thing, white thing, poor thing or whatever. That would be limited thinking.

That's not always the case. There are functioning alcoholics and drug addicts that have perfected not getting caught. "We're" just now knowing about this but this could've been well known behind closed doors and he prolly got caught at Duke, we just never heard about it. I think JJ Redick was well known for smoking weed while at Duke. I'm sure he's not the first or last Duke player to smoke weed.

It kinda seemed like you were labeling it as a certain type, which is why I kept asking for clarification, but I take your word for it that you weren't trying to do that. That's just how it came off (to me).

Reactions: Adamandchangin
That's not always the case. There are functioning alcoholics and drug addicts that have perfected not getting caught. "We're" just now knowing about this but this could've been well known behind closed doors and he prolly got caught at Duke, we just never heard about it. I think JJ Redick was well known for smoking weed while at Duke. I'm sure he's not the first or last Duke player to smoke weed.

It kinda seemed like you were labeling it as a certain type, which is why I kept asking for clarification, but I take your word for it that you weren't trying to do that. That's just how it came off (to me).

Taylor King

Reactions: Quavarius
Lots of people smoke weed. No matter how long they went to school or how long they've played pro sports. No one group has a monopoly on weed.

Yep. Sure , rival fans can make the casual joke ( just as we do with rival players busted for the same thing ) but people need to get over this. I don't smoke but it's pervasive throughout sports at all levels.

I don't think it's "horrible".....I don't smoke but I've been around it a lot. If given the choice, I'd prefer the guy in the left lane coming towards me be smoking vs drinking......not condoning it but in my opinion, no worse than a few too many cold ones....doesn't mean I'm right but my opinion....and, I would say more college players do it than don't....including ours

Yep. Sure , rival fans can make the casual joke ( just as we do with rival players busted for the same thing ) but people need to get over this. I don't smoke but it's pervasive throughout sports at all levels.

Agreed

I didnt get feeling at all Adam was intentionally labeling any one segment of society. I just took it as Miles worked hard on and off the court, never heard a hint of trouble about him, and it was a surprise.

Obviously its much, much more tolerable now but still came as a surprise. I am sure Miles has learned his lesson and will get his act together.

OFC

Reactions: Adamandchangin
Why would anyone be surprised by pot use by any pro? As Joe Dumars said years ago, "If they tested for pot there would be no league."

Disappointing. And agreed, if it had been a UNC player you guys would be tripping over your dicks to give him hell. "Lots of people do it" never gets it for me. Obey the damn law.

I agree, Show. It's totally disappointing to me, not that what I think matters to Miles, but there are probably a few people in his life (mom?, dad?, coaches?) that are also disappointed in him...and they will matter.
And no this doesn't make Miles a 'bad' person, just one that didn't use very good judgement.

OFC

It always seems to amaze me when a player with millions on the line does something stupid. Especially when you struggle to see the floor to begin with. You can say it's just weed all you want, it's still an illegal drug in 95% of this country. Just a dumb decision by Miles. I'm sure K's first reaction wasn't "It's just weed".

Damn Miles, pretty disappointing dude. Hope he learns from it. Cant believe anyone would jeopardize their career over freaking weed, or anything for that matter.

Damn Miles, pretty disappointing dude. Hope he learns from it. Cant believe anyone would jeopardize their career over freaking weed, or anything for that matter.
Jeopardizing their career? You serious? Dude had some weed on him right? Is that all it was? Was it with intent to distribute or something? I saw he had the hefty $100 bail charge.

People are human and like different things. People do what they like Duke players or not. You think this is his first time? Cmon man. Our players are no better than others. Stop the morality brow beating. A weed charge is not career threatening. He will get counseling and be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT