ADVERTISEMENT

MBIII double-double tracker

dukephysics

All American
Jul 27, 2016
He had another last night to put him at 9 for the season out of our 11 games. He had 4 points and 6 rebounds in 10 minutes against Michigan State.
So I was curious, what is the record for double-doubles in a season?
http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/2012/DI.pdf
Looks like the number is 31 by David Robinson in 1986. The freshman record is 28 by Michael Beasley in 2008. By comparison, Caleb Swanigan had 28 last season. I think Bags could make a run at Robinson's record. And seeing as The Admiral has a connection to the team, I think it'd be pretty special if it happens.

Yeah dumb move on the thread title. I try to accuracy check posts - never thought to double check the thread title.
Would appreciate an edit from a mod....

I got this.

He’s also a machine. I think he misses some chippys on purpose to pad his board count.

Yes, yes he is!

zhgJcFQ.jpg

OFC

Reactions: DukeDenver
After a monster game against FSU, he's sitting at 11 double-doubles for the season (in the 14 games). Michigan State (10 minutes), Furman (29 minutes), and Evansville (25 minutes) are the only games he hasn't done it.
I'd say they will be tougher to come by in conference play, but he is playing big minutes so maybe not. I still think he can get to 28+ on the season (he's on pace for 31.4 if we play 40 games).

These two frontcourt guys are insanely good to be so young. I think they’ve actually made it hard for Tre and Gary to shine because they feel subconsciously guilty not passing the ball inside.

These two frontcourt guys are insanely good to be so young. I think they’ve actually made it hard for Tre and Gary to shine because they feel subconsciously guilty not passing the ball inside.
I think they're both smart enough to know that they look a hell of a lot better by playing next to those two guys.

How many double doubles does Carter have? When I looked up teams stats I counted 4 but I seem to remember seeing something that he had at least 6. Am I remembering wrong?

After 31pts/10rbs at State and 16pts/15rbs at Pitt, MB3 is at 13 double-doubles for the season. That is on pace for 32.5 over 40 games.
Future ACC POY Big Bird Maye is at 9 for the season.

Did you know??????? Carter is on pace to have the most blocks in a Duke season since the Landlord in 2006.

Did you know??????? Carter is on pace to have the most blocks in a Duke season since the Landlord in 2006.

He is a great blocker. Good anticipation, good hands. Really, he reminds me a bit of Elton in the way he plays (although without the same thick body and crazy wingspan.)

Reactions: jwill133
Can you imagine if Duke had Carter & Bagley with RJ, Cam and Tre Jones?

He is a great blocker. Good anticipation, good hands. Really, he reminds me a bit of Elton in the way he plays (although without the same thick body and crazy wingspan.)
Yep. Plays a lot like Elton Brand, both guys always grab the ball with 2 hands. I'd hate to be that basketball, has to hurt being squeezed by those 2 guys.

I didn't know that.
I get the feeling, watching Carter play, that if we didn't have Bagley on this team, we'd be talking about Carter as the favorite to finish second behind Big Bird for ACC POY. We went from having almost no post presence last year to having 2 of the top handful of bigs in the country.

He picked up double-doubles 14, 15, and 16 vs Wake, @Miami, and @Wake. With only 7 rebounds vs Pitt, Bags missed a double-double for only the 4th time this season.
This puts him at 16 through 20 games, or on pace for 32 if we play in 40 games this season.
(just a reminder, the freshman record is 28 by Michael Beasley and the all time record is 31 by David Robinson)
Carter is at 9 for the season (with 3 in the last 4 games) and future top 50 all time NBA player Luke Maye is at 11.

Reactions: jwill133
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT