ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Maye

For sure. I am firmly in the camp that thinks they are going to be pretty darn good. I don't think they are one of the genuine contenders this year, but they are going to be solid.
Think they will be good but not great this year.Imo next year is the year that the lower rated recruiting classes should start showing up in their results

If we play like we should w/our edge of talent inside, we should at worse split or take another 2 of 3 from em if wee see em in tourney. The following year I do not expect to see them at all in March Madness because I expect sanctions to keep them sitting at home.

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
If we play like we should w/our edge of talent inside, we should at worse split or take another 2 of 3 from em if wee see em in tourney. The following year I do not expect to see them at all in March Madness because I expect sanctions to keep them sitting at home.

OFC
Hart, if Duke is as good as we anticipate,(knock on wood) it should be a sweep with at least one of those a blowout. If the cards fall right, the Holes should dread seeing Duke. If we have good chemistry, a whole bunch of teams will dread seeing Duke

Last edited:
I said before last season that I thought they'd be down after losing Paige and Johnson and I was totally wrong.
So, I'm going to say I think they will be great this year. Losing Jackson, Meeks, and Hicks will help them and they will be amazing in the post.

Reactions: DukeDenver
UNC doesn't have a good front-court this season, as a matter of fact, the 2010 team (Haiti year) that consisted of Zeller, Henson, Ed Davis, and Deon Thompson, is tremendously better. I agree UNC's backcourt is solid, but they're going to really struggle not getting second chance points. Unless, these low ranked freshman overachieve and step up, UNC isn't a threat IMO. I could eat crow, but I don't see it happening this year. Duke will sweep UNC this season and should beat them easily.

Oh great, another 2 page thread about Luke Maye. Look, I like a big dopey guy who wears tons of eyeliner just as much as the next guy, but this has gotten out of control. I say we ban this man from DI:

Luke%20Maye%20talks%20about%20impact%20of%20%22The%20Shot%22

Bonus shot of his dad:

220px-WilRiker.jpg

which makes this his mom:

Taylor-momsen.jpg

Hart, if Duke is as good as we anticipate,(knock on wood) it should be a sweep with at least one of those a blowout. If the cards fall right, the Holes should dread seeing Duke. If we have good chemistry, a whole bunch of teams will dread seeing Duke

"Bingo!"

OFC

Oh great, another 2 page thread about Luke Maye. Look, I like a big dopey guy who wears tons of eyeliner just as much as the next guy, but this has gotten out of control. I say we ban this man from DI:

Bonus shot of his dad:

220px-WilRiker.jpg

Taylor-momsen.jpg

Double D this was so good I guarantee you werent popping cold ones when ya did it! Even Dirt will be impressed!

OFC

UNC doesn't have a good front-court this season, as a matter of fact, the 2010 team (Haiti year) that consisted of Zeller, Henson, Ed Davis, and Deon Thompson, is tremendously better. I agree UNC's backcourt is solid, but they're going to really struggle not getting second chance points. Unless, these low ranked freshman overachieve and step up, UNC isn't a threat IMO. I could eat crow, but I don't see it happening this year. Duke will sweep UNC this season and should beat them easily.

The Haiti reference is priceless!!! Good one!!!

OFC

Reactions: skysdad

What 3 low ranked freshman are you talking about. I thought once a recruit committed to unc they became 5 star caliber. OFC

Bonus shot of his dad:

220px-WilRiker.jpg

Taylor-momsen.jpg

LOL, good stuff, Denver!

I'm just going to add one more thing to this thread.

Maye is a good kid, and all of us know (deep in our hearts) that the only, the absolute only thing wrong with him is that he wears the wrong shade of blue,
for eye shadow.

OFC

Reactions: DukeDenver
Sorry I refuse to play nice. The very personal and derogatory things they say about our school AND PARTICULARLY our coach doesnt permit to cut em any slack....I dont blame K one iota for saying "I would never have dinner in Chapel Hill."

OFC
Not sure what that has to do with underselling their basketball team for 2017-18.

Reactions: carolinablue34
And in which case not sure what you were replying to me for in the first place.

Sorry it struck a nerve T. Just trying to at least show you I was acknowledging your reference to my post. Actually we're both off topic here a bit if you think about it. Its a thread on Luke Maye the player, not their team analysis of next season. Maybe this will rightfully get it refocused to "Big Luke." Enjoy the rest of your day and hope you got to see some FedEx golf this wknd!:D

OFC

Sorry it struck a nerve T. Just trying to at least show you I was acknowledging your reference to my post. Actually we're both off topic here a bit if you think about it. Its a thread on Luke Maye the player, not their team analysis of next season. Maybe this will rightfully get it refocused to "Big Luke." Enjoy the rest of your day and hope you got to see some FedEx golf this wknd!:D

OFC

Back to Luke "Bird" Maye. :) So which one of our bigs serves Birdman a poster? I'm going with Bagley! Thoughts?

Reactions: hart2chesson
I've thought that since the 1st time I saw maye play. Doc steat and the rest of the thr gurus know talent when they see it.:rolleyes: OFC
Hey, just wait until the next reincarnated star hits the court for UNC. Not this year but next. Talking about Leaky Black - or, as he will quickly be known, Magic Black.

You guys had better savor this year's 40-0 season. You won't stand a chance when you have to face both Bird and Magic wearing Carolina blue. ;)

Opposing teams would have to be nuts not to dread facing Duke. Even without Bagley, you guys were loaded. Now you're downright scary.

Of course K still needs to get them playing together. Which isn't guaranteed with so many youngsters. But he's done it before. This isn't likely to be like last year. And yet, last year was only disappointing in comparison with expectations - not actually a bad year.

Expectations will be through the roof this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT