ADVERTISEMENT

Kuminga

youknowit1

Starter
Sep 7, 2017
According to Zags, he has the week off and visiting georgia today idk why. With this week off if Duke has a chance he'll be in Durham Saturday! For the greatest rivalry in sports!

It will be interesting to see if he visits Durham. IMO, he certainly will re-class and be on a campus this year.

It will be interesting to see if he visits Durham. IMO, he certainly will re-class and be on a campus this year.
If we get a lot of guys back and that’s a big IF, I doubt we would have room for Kuminga. I hope he stays in 21 class and comes to Duke! Him, AJ, and hopefully Patrick Baldwin!! My goodness!

Reactions: Quavarius
Just a gut feeling but i don’t think we get him. Hope I’m wrong

If we get a lot of guys back and that’s a big IF, I doubt we would have room for Kuminga. I hope he stays in 21 class and comes to Duke! Him, AJ, and hopefully Patrick Baldwin!! My goodness!
We currently have 11 players on scholarship and we’re most likely going to lose 5 or 6 of those 11 players at the end of the season (Jack White, Javin DeLaurier, Justin Robinson to graduation) and (Vernon Carey Jr, Cassius Stanley, Tre Jones to the NBA Draft). Wendell Moore Jr and Matthew Hurt could possibly decide to leave too. So we could possibly only have anywhere from 3 to 5 players from this team after this season (Jordan Goldwire, Alex O’Connell, Joey Baker, Wendell Moore Jr, Matthew Hurt) . We have 6 players committed for next season, so we will probably have anywhere from 9-11/12 players on scholarship next season, so that would leave us with 1 or 2 available scholarships for next season. So if Kuminga were to decide to reclassify then we would have scholarships available.

We currently have 11 players on scholarship and we’re most likely going to lose 5 or 6 of those 11 players at the end of the season (Jack White, Javin DeLaurier, Justin Robinson to graduation) and (Vernon Carey Jr, Cassius Stanley, Tre Jones to the NBA Draft). Wendell Moore Jr and Matthew Hurt could possibly decide to leave too. So we could possibly only have anywhere from 3 to 5 players from this team after this season (Jordan Goldwire, Alex O’Connell, Joey Baker, Wendell Moore Jr, Matthew Hurt) . We have 6 players committed for next season, so we will probably have anywhere from 9-11/12 players on scholarship next season, so that would leave us with 1 or 2 available scholarships for next season. So if Kuminga were to decide to reclassify then we would have scholarships available.
Ok that’s good! For some reason I miscounted lol. I was counting next years class along with who might or might not come back. I think I may have counted a couple guys twice because I was doing it in my head. Lol

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
Ok that’s good! For some reason I miscounted lol. I was counting next years class along with who might or might not come back. I think I may have counted a couple guys twice because I was doing it in my head. Lol
I know that feeling. I’ve always been good with figuring math and other things up in my head but the older I get the harder it gets to figure things up in my head. lol

Im 43 so believe me I already know lol

Are you sure you're 43? You could have miscounted. :)

Another way to look at this is that Duke currently has 14 recruited players for next season if no one leaves. so subtract any attrition from that 14.

Are you sure you're 43? You could have miscounted. :)

Another way to look at this is that Duke currently has 14 recruited players for next season if no one leaves. so subtract any attrition from that 14.
Unfortunately I counted correctly, although each year when my birthday comes around I tell people that I’m 30. lol

If hes comming next year I dont want him. It will be too much, he will play the 3 or the 4 in college and we have jalen, brakefield, joey, moore , hurt, coleman. No way he comes here and why would we want him. No guarantee hurt stays but even if he leaves its still crowded

If hes comming next year I dont want him. It will be too much, he will play the 3 or the 4 in college and we have jalen, brakefield, joey, moore , hurt, coleman. No way he comes here and why would we want him. No guarantee hurt stays but even if he leaves its still crowded
I'm sure the last thing he is thinking about is being crowded. I don't think it would be crowded for him, maybe the guys behind him. If he wants to come to Duke, you absolutely take him and figure out the rest. Dude is a beast and going to be even more of a beast when he is grouped with better players so he doesn't see double and triple teams so much like he did this year.

The horsemen
tenor.gif

This is like saying no to more money because you have some money put away already.

Iron sharpens Iron. Get better or end up on the bench. If one of the top 3 players in all of high school wants to come to your school and you say no because you have 3 or 4 top 50ish guys already.. Then your doing basketball wrong. If your afraid of competition then I'm not sure I want you on my team to begin with.

I think were gonna get him, and I'm fine if it's next year or the year after. Kuminga is as close of a sure thing as it gets...you take that sure thing every day of the week and don't ask any questions. Yes, we have a nice deep class coming in, and should have some experienced juniors and seniors next year, but there isn't a guy of Kuminga's caliber on the Duke roster next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT