ADVERTISEMENT

I’m bored so here’s one for ya

Dec 5, 2018
If you had to bet 10k right now on Duke to win it this year or take the field which do you take?

I myself would hesitantly take the field only due to not knowing if anyone will get hurt between now and then. You’re deeper than I thought and those role players are good. Duke may not lose another game? I know I said IU would beat ya but I’m an IU fan and we were about to play. I’m allowed to talk with my heart. I just don’t bet with it!

I Would only make that bet if I could live with losing the money, and since I am ok with with losing it......because I'm making the bet, I would take Duke, because I am going to get better odds with them than taking the whole field....snap back to reality where I am NOT ok with losing it, I take the field all day

I would take the field. That doesn't mean I think we're not going to win the whole thing....because I think we have the best shot, but still....do we, at best, have a 15 to 20 percent chance? Common sense says take the field every time.

You always take the field in CBB no matter how good one team is. If the tournament was like the NBA with best of 5 or 7, then I’d take Duke.

If every match up is a best of series, I would bet an amount that it would hurt to lose this year on us....I don't think ANYBODY beats us in a best of series

Reactions: FearTheBeard
I Would only make that bet if I could live with losing the money, and since I am ok with with losing it......because I'm making the bet, I would take Duke, because I am going to get better odds with them than taking the whole field....snap back to reality where I am NOT ok with losing it, I take the field all day
I’m not giving you odds it’s 1:1 and it’s hypothetical. I don’t expect anyone to actually make this bet.

If I knew Duke would be healthy I take Duke. If healthy they probably run through the tourney without any real trouble. I’m not trolling I’m being serious

If I knew Duke would be healthy I take Duke. If healthy they probably run through the tourney without any real trouble. I’m not trolling I’m being serious

I love their chances, but I've seen too many freaky things happen in that tournament to take 1 against 63

That's just not true. There's always trouble waiting there to creep up in you. No one thought we could be beat in 1999, either.

This current Duke team is far from unbeatable. We will lose games in the ACC, as well. To win the national championship, Duke will need to be more consistent and have a little luck, too.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Make it 100K and I’ll either have to find me a new GF or I geta buy a new 1. Either way:D

Na I’m just spitting bolonga . We have a week old baby boy now :) ..she’s okkkkkkk:D

Reactions: Showenuff
I see Crapper is still here. Didn’t he say that he wasn’t going to post anymore after the Auburn game? Or was it just the particular crapper ID that he was using at the time that he wasn’t going to post under anymore? lol

I think I talked about this last year during the tournament. I have a friend at work that every year, lets me pick the 4 teams I want for the national championship, and he gets the rest of the field. I think we have been doing it 4 years now. So far, I am 4-0!!!

Last year on the rivals board, there was an avatar bet on Villanova, Michigan State, Duke - or the field. I wasn't involved in the bet, but I stated that I would take the 3 juggernauts over the field. The bet took place in late February.

I would never take one team over the field. But give me three teams? Odds are still against three teams, especially this early in the season. But give me Duke, Kansas, and Michigan over the field.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
My money or someone just gave it to me?

Someone hands me 10k and asks?

...come on BLUE DEVILS!!

Field. But I love our chances. I would absolutely LOVE to see us vs the Zags for the title.

That's just not true. There's always trouble waiting there to creep up in you. No one thought we could be beat in 1999, either.

This current Duke team is far from unbeatable. We will lose games in the ACC, as well. To win the national championship, Duke will need to be more consistent and have a little luck, too.
I don’t think you will lose any conference games. Who beats you? Duke is that much better than everyone else as long as they’re healthy. When they want to turn it on they’re by far the best team. They’re like the 2015 UK team. Yes, I know they got beat in the final 4 but they don’t have 2 true studs they only had 1. You have 2 a guy not far behind a great PG and 3 or 4 great role players. Duke will be very very hard to beat when it matters.

Damn. This is the 567th version of cropper. Good lord.
UK board bans me if I even look at their board and if I want to post on the IU board it always tells me to buy a subscription. I did for two years and I was getting double billed. Getting ahold of someone to change it was difficult and I usually don’t get in the boards that much so I finally just cancelled it. I don’t want to pay again. If anything they owe me 2 years of service.

Reactions: dukehokie
I don’t think you will lose any conference games. Who beats you? Duke is that much better than everyone else as long as they’re healthy. When they want to turn it on they’re by far the best team. They’re like the 2015 UK team. Yes, I know they got beat in the final 4 but they don’t have 2 true studs they only had 1. You have 2 a guy not far behind a great PG and 3 or 4 great role players. Duke will be very very hard to beat when it matters.
Virginia is one. (Right now) Everything we want to do they do the opposite. And pretty good. Combine that with their defense. They can beat us. Although their defense doesn’t look as good as recent, but it’s still pretty damn good. And if they get hot we REALLY are in trouble imo. Half court vs their half court who ya got?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT