ADVERTISEMENT

How McGill has done Vs other D1 schools this month

Who knows why but Carlton did ask to play duke on the dates they are playing the other teams before the other teams were asked to play. It’s likely K didn’t think his team would be ready to play them and instead scheduled teams that would build a young teams confidence. It’s very common to some coaches. Other coaches like to play as hard of competition as they can find ala John Chaney

The folks over at Duke’s second message board, Rupp Rafters, seem to think Duke is dodging Charleton. Entertaining thread over there lol!

A link to the article they posted:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...ns-during-canadian-exhibition-tour/999356002/

Who knows why but Carlton did ask to play duke on the dates they are playing the other teams before the other teams were asked to play. It’s likely K didn’t think his team would be ready to play them and instead scheduled teams that would build a young teams confidence. It’s very common to some coaches. Other coaches like to play as hard of competition as they can find ala John Chaney

Proof?

Duke isn’t Cincinnati though. Plus Ryerson stopped the Carleton streak last year in the final four. So why would Duke duck the team that lost to the team they played? Kentucky fans really have no life. They have more Duke threads than this forum

McGill is my Alma mater, I have good tickets for today’s game I can give you guys some thoughts after the game if you’d like my enemy scouting report.

This is Duke’s first foray into Canada, and yes, Carleton wanted to be part of it.

“I asked if we could go to Montreal or Toronto to play them but there was no call back,” coach Dave Smart said in an interview. “We really wanted to play them. We want to play anyone of that calibre. It would be a great experience for our guys and show us our holes. I’m not worried about winning or losing, but teams at that level, we want to play.”

RIP Jakarii.

Unless you feel Carlton’s coach was lying

This is Duke’s first foray into Canada, and yes, Carleton wanted to be part of it.

“I asked if we could go to Montreal or Toronto to play them but there was no call back,” coach Dave Smart said in an interview. “We really wanted to play them. We want to play anyone of that calibre. It would be a great experience for our guys and show us our holes. I’m not worried about winning or losing, but teams at that level, we want to play.”

EXACTLY. That’s what K and some other coaches do with young teams. No sure why some fans get all butt hurt over the truth good lord some are so sensitive

We don't need to be pushed by a good team right now. This is more about team bonding, communication and measuring conditioning.

I watched the first two games but didn't get to see today's game. How did everyone look?
Goldwire got 2 3s and showed some flashes, Baker hit a couple shots, showed some flashes, Bolden was Bolden :(, Big Vrank made some plays, R.J. looked better overall feel for the game, and not pressing (as much), yet still horrific from the FT line, Zion (imo) has been our best player in every aspect thus far. ....was Zion!, JD made some really nice plays, and continues to outshine Bolden for that spot, Jack hit some shots!, and will get his fair share of burn this year ...I feel like I’m forgetting someone! Oh Justin was???? Not hitting 3s?

Last edited:
I wanna say Baker hobbled off? A*******¥£€%£^^%*^^!!!!!!!

Biker guy hit a 3 to make 100 to end the game. Lol sad I can’t even remember his name.

You didn’t happen to be sitting right behind Bilas and Shulman, did you?

Yep with my brother (who is a UNC fan), my nephew and uncle and one of their friends. Met Jay, class act. RJ’s father seems to be a good guy as well. Glad that we can claim RJ as a Canadian, good kid and he’s going to be a stud. Very passionate even for an exhibition, seems like the definite leader. I’ll give a short write up if you guys want.

Yep with my brother (who is a UNC fan), my nephew and uncle and one of their friends. Met Jay, class act. RJ’s father seems to be a good guy as well. Glad that we can claim RJ as a Canadian, good kid and he’s going to be a stud. Very passionate even for an exhibition, seems like the definite leader. I’ll give a short write up if you guys want.
What?!! That was seriously you in the UNC hat behind Bilas and Schulman?!

Reactions: tarh33ls
What?!! That was seriously you in the UNC hat behind Bilas and Schulman?!

2_DD677_CE_B5_D7_4_F75_B011_E79_EFE4543_C1.jpg

Unless you feel Carlton’s coach was lying

That does answer the interest part, but not the part about before the other teams were scheduled and the coinciding dates

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT