ADVERTISEMENT

How many D.I. posters have you met or know personally?

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
I thought about this after the lunch we had this week end and realized how fortunate that I have met and known so many. My count is 14. Some of them are brief while one is life long and a couple for over 40 years.

DukeSky85. He's mine son and it's been all his life.

Dukeman. Over 40 years and just recently discovered by a post we have known each other for over 40 years. Went to community college together back when there were very few Duke fans around.

Eklin. Known him over 40 years also. Didn't even know his was a poster until a couple of weeks ago but he knew who I was.

K-ville. Met him at the 1st meeting of the board.

Nivram. Met him at the 1st meeting of the board.

Heyman25. met him at the 1st. meeting of the board and probably the biggest reason I starting posting because I agreed with a lot he had to say.

Spike. I met Mike right before a Duke game at the Duke HOF. It was brief but I feel I know him so well because we are face book friends. Really a good man not just a good Duke fan.

Show. What fun it was meeting him at CTC. If anyone on here it's Show. He is Show on the boards and Show in real life. If I'm in a fox hole I hope he is there.

Skeelow. Met him at CTC. Really great guy and loves his work for Duke.

Krazyforlife. Sat behind Show and me at CTC. Had his family with him.

DukeDenver. Met him at our 2nd meeting of the board. Right away you could tell what a smart guy he is. Doesn't look anything like I thought he would.

Topps Coach. Met him at 2nd meeting of the board. He looks like a coach. His knowledge of Duke athletics is large and I would have loved just talking to him about the old days.

HPnole. Another OFC member I was with at the 2nd meeting of the board. Another guy I could talk to about the old timers that went to Duke.

Mac9192. Met him at the 2nd meeting of the board. Smart guy. Also different look than I expected. I thought he was a little older.

What a pleasure it is to know all of you. One thing that all of these men and I have in common is we are Duke fans no matter what else is different about us. Would love to meet many more of you.

The one poster I want to meet most is dirt. With the Lord's will I hope that happens. OFC

1 Mac and he’s a great guy and a great friend..

Talk to a couple of the guys on the board pretty regularly but haven’t met them yet

Reactions: skysdad and Mac9192
Hpnole at recent meet up. Really good guy. Seems a little reserved, but nothing wrong with that at all.
Elkin at the meet up. Nice as well. Doesn't post much, that I know of, but seems easy going.
ToppsCoach. Rode with him to meet up. Like Skysdad said, looks like a coach. Told a neat story on the way up about how he made his son tougher. Old school guy.
DukeDenver. Cool guy. Very laid back. Just like on the board, not controversial at all.
Skysdad. What you see on the board is what you get in person. Likes to have a good time, and very respectful.

Great group to have hung out with last weekend. Would do it again in a heartbeat.
Pisgah. Bought some furniture from him a while back. Great guy. Drove the tables to me from about 3 hours away. We talk every now and then. The same in person as on the board.
One guy from the insider site, DMoore. Went to a game last season with him and met a couple posters that stop by his section to chat.

Would love to meet quite a few from the board. From what I can tell, each one I've met are the same in person as behind a keyboard.

Have not met Hart. Talk to him quite often. Was disappointed he couldn't make it to the meet up, but he walks, talks, and breathes Duke basketball, from what I can tell.

Haven't met any yet, but really looking forward to it at CTC. So far, I believe at least 6 or 7 have said they are for sure in on the roll call thread

Reactions: skysdad
Skysdad, Dukesky85, dukehokie, Crazie4life, Spike, QCdukie, Skeelow, gottagonow and I know I'm missing 2 or 3 others and they're gonna give me hell. All listed above are top notch individuals and it was a pleasure to meet each and every one of them.

0 so far. Hopefully, I can meet some of you at the Champions Classic in Indy, South Bend in January, Louisville in February, and Minneapolis in April if our Blue Devils get there. I have only been on the board for about a year now, but everyone on here seems like they love Duke Basketball. If any of you are ever in Northern or Central IL and need suggestions on what to see, just let me know.

If any of y’all come to WNC hit me up. I’m deff open to meeting up! Would of loved to have been there this past saturday

I think I met Skeelow, QCdukie, Shownuff and his Daughter and Shows two friends, Dukehokie and wife and maybe QC's son. Maybe one more but its been two years and I've had a pretty full plate and also have CRS.

Just one, dbav. He lives one town over from me. Duke grad, sports fan and real good guy. Not many board members in my area of N.Y. Unfortunately, I've never been to a game in Cameron and don't see one in my near future.

Show, Skeelow, Dukehokie and Gotta. All great guys and class acts. Hope to see all you knuckleheads again next week.

I haven't met anyone on here, but I believe I work with a relative of Clint. Does that count? Lol. Everyone on here seems like good, genuine people, but being from Ohio, I doubt I will ever meet anyone. :(

I also met this guy at the Skillet.

DpFmJbVXcAAddUU

I thought about this after the lunch we had this week end and realized how fortunate that I have met and known so many. My count is 14. Some of them are brief while one is life long and a couple for over 40 years.

DukeSky85. He's mine son and it's been all his life.

Dukeman. Over 40 years and just recently discovered by a post we have known each other for over 40 years. Went to community college together back when there were very few Duke fans around.

Eklin. Known him over 40 years also. Didn't even know his was a poster until a couple of weeks ago but he knew who I was.

K-ville. Met him at the 1st meeting of the board.

Nivram. Met him at the 1st meeting of the board.

Heyman25. met him at the 1st. meeting of the board and probably the biggest reason I starting posting because I agreed with a lot he had to say.

Spike. I met Mike right before a Duke game at the Duke HOF. It was brief but I feel I know him so well because we are face book friends. Really a good man not just a good Duke fan.

Show. What fun it was meeting him at CTC. If anyone on here it's Show. He is Show on the boards and Show in real life. If I'm in a fox hole I hope he is there.

Skeelow. Met him at CTC. Really great guy and loves his work for Duke.

Krazyforlife. Sat behind Show and me at CTC. Had his family with him.

DukeDenver. Met him at our 2nd meeting of the board. Right away you could tell what a smart guy he is. Doesn't look anything like I thought he would.

Topps Coach. Met him at 2nd meeting of the board. He looks like a coach. His knowledge of Duke athletics is large and I would have loved just talking to him about the old days.

HPnole. Another OFC member I was with at the 2nd meeting of the board. Another guy I could talk to about the old timers that went to Duke.

Mac9192. Met him at the 2nd meeting of the board. Smart guy. Also different look than I expected. I thought he was a little older.

What a pleasure it is to know all of you. One thing that all of these men and I have in common is we are Duke fans no matter what else is different about us. Would love to meet many more of you.

The one poster I want to meet most is dirt. With the Lord's will I hope that happens. OFC
it was great to meet these guys. wish there could have been more. Maybe next time we could meet in Hickory or somewhere between here and the mountains. I don't know what might be available up that way. I think there is a cracker barrel along I-85 .

Hpnole at recent meet up. Really good guy. Seems a little reserved, but nothing wrong with that at all.
Elkin at the meet up. Nice as well. Doesn't post much, that I know of, but seems easy going.
ToppsCoach. Rode with him to meet up. Like Skysdad said, looks like a coach. Told a neat story on the way up about how he made his son tougher. Old school guy.
DukeDenver. Cool guy. Very laid back. Just like on the board, not controversial at all.
Skysdad. What you see on the board is what you get in person. Likes to have a good time, and very respectful.

Great group to have hung out with last weekend. Would do it again in a heartbeat.
Pisgah. Bought some furniture from him a while back. Great guy. Drove the tables to me from about 3 hours away. We talk every now and then. The same in person as on the board.
One guy from the insider site, DMoore. Went to a game last season with him and met a couple posters that stop by his section to chat.

Would love to meet quite a few from the board. From what I can tell, each one I've met are the same in person as behind a keyboard.

Have not met Hart. Talk to him quite often. Was disappointed he couldn't make it to the meet up, but he walks, talks, and breathes Duke basketball, from what I can tell.

Mac appreciate the kind words and sure our paths will cross soon. You've become a really good friend. A word to posters: Mac is obsessed w/Duke basketball and has followed intently some 35 years. If he ever comes across as negative, its out of his DEEP, HEARTFELT emotion for Duke.

Sorry I couldnt make it Saturday- was really looking forward to meeting Sky and the whole gang you guys had. My girlfriend had an emergency medical situation w/her back, but is doing better! All the best guys and pull for Duke FB Saturday-they have a big game at Georgia Tech!

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192 and skysdad
That's an informative Zion thread over at Rupp. I learned a lot. Zion will never get past Travis and make it to the basket. The pic is fake, they used special filters to make his veins and muscles look way larger than they really are. Zion and RJ are way over rated. Zion can't shoot. Zion can't rebound. Zion doesn't scare anybody.......Oh yea, and Zion gets 5 pages on the Rupp Rafters forum while being so ineffective.

That's an informative Zion thread over at Rupp. I learned a lot. Zion will never get past Travis and make it to the basket. The pic is fake, they used special filters to make his veins and muscles look way larger than they really are. Zion and RJ are way over rated. Zion can't shoot. Zion can't rebound. Zion doesn't scare anybody.......Oh yea, and Zion gets 5 pages on the Rupp Rafters forum while being so ineffective.

And Cam must not even be enough of a threat to get mention???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT