ADVERTISEMENT

Hanstravel has serious competition.

He has gotten away with fouls also. The Cards have played about as dumb as they possibly could.
Hope they play like that Wednesday night, but more than likely they will play like the Golden State Warriors and the 96 Bulls. And yea Luke Maye traveled I don’t know how many times in this game. Unreal.

When the holes shoot a 3 pointer does it not seem they make about 90% of them or is it just that I want them to miss 90%. It seems they never miss, especially Berry, Maye, Williams and Johnson.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
I mean a lot of college players get away with a lot. 3 steps isn't a travel anymore in today's game. It's so frustrating to watch. Bagley himself gets away with 3 steps all the time and nobody on here bats an eye. I can call out about 10 travels per team in each game I watch.

I only watched a few minutes of the UNC game and yeah Berry and Maye got away with a plethora of travels. Berry also pushes off with his off arm and has an arm bar while dribbling but so does Grayson for example. College players today get away with a lot and the refs just don't call it anymore. The game has become ridiculous with the travels and charge calls

UNC just dominated the offensive glass. They can go deep again if they do that.

Yeah their rebounding will always give them a chance. The way they'll be able to make a run is if they can make outside shots though. Berry, Williams, and Johnson in their 4 game win streak have been shooting im guessing over 50% combined from three. They really miss having another competent big man next to Maye though.

I personally don't think they have the talent to go deep in March. I would bet on them getting bounced in the sweet 16

Reactions: skysdad
Maye gets away with moving screens, traveling, and over the back, almost every other play. It’s pretty ridiculous! Also, Berry gets away with extending his elbow and hand checks frequently as well.

Good points Jurkin. Tarholes are playing extremely well, but Maye gets away with climbing the back and the moving picks quite frequently. Berry always extends the elbow on his trips thru the lane, but no whistle....

I must say they are shooting the ball well, and I think they need to see a junk defense or two to hopefully throw them off. The late Jim Valvano used to be a master at it with the 1-3 and chaser, etc....

OFC

Reactions: acc hoops
Good points Jurkin. Tarholes are playing extremely well, but Maye gets away with climbing the back and the moving picks quite frequently. Berry always extends the elbow on his trips thru the lane, but no whistle....

I must say they are shooting the ball well, and I think they need to see a junk defense or two to hopefully throw them off. The late Jim Valvano used to be a master at it with the 1-3 and chaser, etc....

OFC
Don’t think I can remember Coach K ever using a junk defense. Years ago I was hoping he would go to
Box & 1 versus Lehigh to slow down McCollum . I think faceguarding Berry at a key stretch of a game would be a good tactic. Pinson can distribute the ball but it would at least make UNC adjust.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Don’t think I can remember Coach K ever using a junk defense. Years ago I was hoping he would go to
Box & 1 versus Lehigh to slow down McCollum . I think faceguarding Berry at a key stretch of a game would be a good tactic. Pinson can distribute the ball but it would at least make UNC adjust.

You're correct ACC. K's trademark h as always been aggressive man D at least until last several years, and now more zone oriented. I actually think this team can play an active and effective zone vs UNC if technique continues to make strides like the V a Tech game.

I was really just thinking out loud about UNC and a junk D. I like your scheme actually. OFC

Reactions: skysdad
I think what drives me insane is how he dribbles into the lane wide open, out of control, crashes into someone and draws a foul. He does it a lot.

OFC

Whats frustrating is watching teams launch 3’s against unc, when all you have to do is drive to the basketball. UNC’s weakness is interior defense and most teams score at will when driving to the basket. Think about it, we loss to unc, because we stopped going inside. We attempted 2 shots in the post the last 11:33 minutes of the game and barely loss. Maye has a 3 1/2 inch vertical and will maul you if you drive in. Maye had two fouls in the first half because he couldnt guard any of our bigs. Teams needs to start driving 80% against unc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT