Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Justin Robinson

Votes: 38 73.1%
  • Jordan Goldwire

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
J-Rob and Goldwire kept us in it long enough for Stanley to go off and win it for us.

I went with J Rob. No he didn't lead us in scoring, rebounding or blocked shots but he led us in heart and enthusiasm. He led us like s captain should. He should be rewarded and recognized. Dad had to be proud of him tonight. I was. Hope Duke fans never forget J Rob. Every now and then we are blessed to kids like J Rob and Marshall Plumlee who know their roles and do not mind excepting them. This Saturday is senior day. We need a win for these guys who all proved they are of brotherhood. OFC

I went with J Rob. No he didn't lead us in scoring, rebounding or blocked shots but he led us in heart and enthusiasm. He led us like s captain should. He should be rewarded and recognized. Dad had to be proud of him tonight. I was. Hope Duke fans never forget J Rob. Every now and then we are blessed to kids like J Rob and Marshall Plumlee who know their roles and do not mind excepting them. This Saturday is senior day. We need a win for these guys who all proved they are of brotherhood. OFC
Post of the night.

Cash but J Rob might be the spark that gets this team over the hump. Cash is definitely our x factor. Goldwire looked very solid. Carey looked terrific, but I only saw the second half.

JRob. He came in when no one was hitting anything and dropped two threes altered shots and rebounded.

Goldwire in a close second.

Reactions: skysdad
I think the answer is jRob. So proud watching him. Playing with no nerves out there.

ppl say that K gave critics the finger today, but actually I believe it was j Goldwire who did. I have been very off on predictions before ( thought semi would be an all time duke player) but one I was right about was Jordan would be a good player from duke. Maybe Jordan should play less minutes. But we need him on the court more often than not. Love this guy.

Jrob. He was the spark when we needed one and got they guys settled. He just seems to have a nose for the ball. Always there for a block, a rebound or a put back. I hope he gets some more minutes each of the next ten games. ;);)

Reactions: skysdad
I think the answer is jRob. So proud watching him. Playing with no nerves out there.

ppl say that K gave critics the finger today, but actually I believe it was j Goldwire who did. I have been very off on predictions before ( thought semi would be an all time duke player) but one I was right about was Jordan would be a good player from duke. Maybe Jordan should play less minutes. But we need him on the court more often than not. Love this guy.

We want Jordan to play less minutes because his ceiling is lower than others on our team. And when he’s off, it’s easy to explain. But if we are being honest with ourselves as a fanbase, go up and down our roster and find 4 other guys that play closer to their ceiling on a consistent basis. And the more he plays the more his ceiling creeps up slightly. Again,
I am in the camp that wishes that some other guys who were blessed with more natural talent stepped up. But JGold is balling this year and has earned every minute he has been given. Simply put, no one has forced him off the court yet.

Sooooo if I told you that our gameball poll for a March ACC game would have Justin Robinson and Jordon Goldwire on the list and J-Rob would be running away with it.......................

Reactions: jwill133
We want Jordan to play less minutes because his ceiling is lower than others on our team. And when he’s off, it’s easy to explain. But if we are being honest with ourselves as a fanbase, go up and down our roster and find 4 other guys that play closer to their ceiling on a consistent basis. And the more he plays the more his ceiling creeps up slightly. Again,
I am in the camp that wishes that some other guys who were blessed with more natural talent stepped up. But JGold is balling this year and has earned every minute he has been given. Simply put, no one has forced him off the court yet.
Excellent post!

Potentially, I agree that we might be better if others were playing close to their ceiling than others. But usually Jordan shows up and plays very hard. For sure, he has his limitations. But dang I like watching him. His offense is certainly making improvements. Not dramatic but at least reasonable.

Potentially, I agree that we might be better if others were playing close to their ceiling than others. But usually Jordan shows up and plays very hard. For sure, he has his limitations. But dang I like watching him. His offense is certainly making improvements. Not dramatic but at least reasonable.
The great thing is that he never let's his offense dictate how hard he plays on D. If he has a bad turnover, or misses a shot badly, I don't ever worry about him getting back and getting after it on defense.

I went with Coach K because he showed emotion for the first time since I dont know when. Emotion like that is contagious and it was.

Reactions: Canadian Dukie
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT