ADVERTISEMENT

Five Point Play Podcast - Season 2

****New Episode Alert***

Overreactions are back, baby! We also take a look back at the ridiculous stretch Duke just finished 5-0, look ahead to a couple of potentially tough matchups, and take a look around the ACC and how it relates to Duke in the awards season. Also Carolina is last in the ACC. Let that sink in! Let's Go Duke!!

Reactions: GillJET
Just for a little sneak preview for the discussion for the game tomorrow, Duke has gone 11-6 at PNC since it opened in ‘99. The statements of Duke has lost more than they’ve won at State are totally overblown.

The problem exists that Duke has lost at State a few times as a top 10 team. I don’t see that trend continuing tomorrow night.:D

Just for a little sneak preview for the discussion for the game tomorrow, Duke has gone 11-6 at PNC since it opened in ‘99. The statements of Duke has lost more than they’ve won at State are totally overblown.

The problem exists that Duke has lost at State a few times as a top 10 team. I don’t see that trend continuing tomorrow night.:D

We have already lost our last regular season game this year

@Wake makes me just as “nervous” as @NCSU. But I’m not too worried about either matchup. Let’s Go Duke!!

Reactions: skysdad
***New Episode Alert***

Can you handle the truth? With the regular season drawing to a close, we dive into what makes this team tick and tumble. Is there hope yet for these Blue Devils heading into March? Positives, negatives, lineup combos, matchups; we leave no stone un-turned. What does Duke need to do to advance? Find out. Don't miss it!

What an intro! I was asking where is the other pill choice at lol? I couldn't agree more with the Jack White opening piece.

I can't disagree with any thing in the negative section. I can't figure out the slow start either, including the missing bunnies you see every time they start that way. I think matchups may be a part of it. I love Goldwire, but I think we can survive with Moore at the 2 and start Hurt. Use Goldwire between Tre and Moore.

I'm going to assume as well that these guys may be more mentally fatigued than anything physically. I'm just searching for answer myself. Never seen them so helter skelter from one game to another. My heart says they will be much better at UVA. I'm going to ask the man above for some help.

I don't know what the best lineup is. Alex and Joey, when on is great. I just think they need to back it down around the top of the key and tighten up from there. I would like to see a line up of Tre, Vern, Hurt, Cash, and Alex. I don't see no reason why you take Cash out. Hopefully something will work out soon.

What an intro! I was asking where is the other pill choice at lol? I couldn't agree more with the Jack White opening piece.

I can't disagree with any thing in the negative section. I can't figure out the slow start either, including the missing bunnies you see every time they start that way. I think matchups may be a part of it. I love Goldwire, but I think we can survive with Moore at the 2 and start Hurt. Use Goldwire between Tre and Moore.

I'm going to assume as well that these guys may be more mentally fatigued than anything physically. I'm just searching for answer myself. Never seen them so helter skelter from one game to another. My heart says they will be much better at UVA. I'm going to ask the man above for some help.

I don't know what the best lineup is. Alex and Joey, when on is great. I just think they need to back it down around the top of the key and tighten up from there. I would like to see a line up of Tre, Vern, Hurt, Cash, and Alex. I don't see no reason why you take Cash out. Hopefully something will work out soon.
Thanks for the listen and your thoughts. There is a lot of turmoil for this squad but there are positives that we can draw on. I have my reservations, but we shall see!

Reactions: retiredsoldier

I would’ve loved to see the small ball lineup earlier against Wake as well. I don’t think Sarr could keep up with that group, subsequently getting him the sub. We have so many possible combinations. That’s what makes this team potentially special. It’s different from other Duke teams in the past.

I would’ve loved to see the small ball lineup earlier against Wake as well. I don’t think Sarr could keep up with that group, subsequently getting him the sub. We have so many possible combinations. That’s what makes this team potentially special. It’s different from other Duke teams in the past.
I totally agree. I'm hoping somehow, someway, Duke takes advantage of that and it starts going in our favor going forward. It's truly time for more guys to step up on a consistent basic. This team has a lot of potential.

I totally agree. I'm hoping somehow, someway, Duke takes advantage of that and it starts going in our favor going forward. It's truly time for more guys to step up on a consistent basic. This team has a lot of potential.
We’ve got to find ways to keep the floor spread and get the ball to Vern in spots before the double and triple teams get to him. Spread the floor with our shooters and we can be effective.

We’ve got to find ways to keep the floor spread and get the ball to Vern in spots before the double and triple teams get to him. Spread the floor with our shooters and we can be effective.
Exactly, but my goodness, our snipers other than hurt and first half Cash has to start bringing it. I still love our chances, but they have to start bringing it. I keep saying get this bad mojo out now and get back right these last 3 games. Almost like they need a shot of momentum.

Reactions: timo0402
Exactly, but my goodness, our snipers other than hurt and first half Cash has to start bringing it. I still love our chances, but they have to start bringing it. I keep saying get this bad mojo out now and get back right these last 3 games. Almost like they need a shot of momentum.
It’s kind of make or break time these next three games. See what we are made of. What kind of dog we are bringing to the fight.

timo, what do you see happening tonight? You seem to be close on the prediction most times so I'm looking to you for encouragement or disappointment lol. I'm not watching the game today. I don't think I can watch. I was tore up tues night.

Reactions: timo0402
timo, what do you see happening tonight? You seem to be close on the prediction most times so I'm looking to you for encouragement or disappointment lol. I'm not watching the game today. I don't think I can watch. I was tore up tues night.
I think we win tonight bc i think this team has that “bounce back” ability. I think they know how big this game is and will play tough throughout. Think we can win 5-7 (which vs uva is like 10-14). My concern with them is that they won’t get that chance in the tournament to bounce back. You have to bring it, every game, every night, no matter who or where you’re playing and do it from the jump.

I think we win tonight bc i think this team has that “bounce back” ability. I think they know how big this game is and will play tough throughout. Think we can win 5-7 (which vs uva is like 10-14). My concern with them is that they won’t get that chance in the tournament to bounce back. You have to bring it, every game, every night, no matter who or where you’re playing and do it from the jump.
If Duke wins, I'm going to need those powerball numbers before 10 pm tonight lol.

***New Episode Alert***

The rivalry continues. Like clockwork it's time to gear up again. Duke-UNC 2. We break the game down, we break the teams down, we break K's pressers down. If it's Duke-UNC...we're on it! Let's Go Duke!

So, I listened to the episode this morning and @dukehokie was brilliant, insightful, and a true delight. @timo0402 , you're dead to me. Just tell me where to send the flowers.

P.S. I really did enjoy the episode despite timo picking against our boys. The nerve of that guy. :D
I hope the next podcast is nothing but Hokie roasting me for this pick. I can be the villain. I’m whatever this team needs me to be.

***New Episode Alert***

Duke gets the season sweep! After a dominating win over "easily top 10" UNC, we set our sights on 6! March is in full swing and Duke is heading into the ACC tournament with momentum. We profile JRob, Tre, bring back overreactions and give our take on that tournament in Greensboro. It's time! Let's Go Duke!

Finally got the chance to listen in this morning after watching the sweep game for the 3rd time. Awesome podcast and great points as usual.

As far as Joey, Alex, and Matt, I'm praying they will give us another lift somewhere in the next few games. I have no problem with Jav and Jack's minutes taken by Jrob. I think he is giving more at this point than both combined. I can't remember the last time I saw Jack take a jumper in the game.

No way will Duke lose to FSU if they meet. Hamilton will find a way in Greensboro to allow us to move on lol. Shame on you two lol.

Finally got the chance to listen in this morning after watching the sweep game for the 3rd time. Awesome podcast and great points as usual.

As far as Joey, Alex, and Matt, I'm praying they will give us another lift somewhere in the next few games. I have no problem with Jav and Jack's minutes taken by Jrob. I think he is giving more at this point than both combined. I can't remember the last time I saw Jack take a jumper in the game.

No way will Duke lose to FSU if they meet. Hamilton will find a way in Greensboro to allow us to move on lol. Shame on you two lol.
As always thanks for tuning in. JRob has seemingly taken a lot of guys minutes and deservedly so.

as far as the acct goes, hope you’re right and Hokie is wrong.

***New Episode Alert***

With the world in a tumultuous state, we try to bring you a little Duke basketball talk to move things along. We have two great interviews with Andrew Danowitz from the huge duke.wave Instagram and bring back our favorite guest Kenny Dennard! We discuss the NCAA shut down, how it affected and will affect Duke returnees and more. We also give our own version of One Shining Moment! Let us help you get through your own quarantine. Let's Go Duke!

***New Episode Alert***

The quarantine has things heating up on the 5 Point Play Podcast. AC & TK go toe to toe over Cassius's potential decision, Kyrie's place in Duke history, Grant vs. Zion and more. The arguments are hot and the takes get hotter. You won't want to miss this one!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT