ADVERTISEMENT

Five Point Play Podcast - Season 2

Looking forward to it again,really enjoyed and learned a lot last season!
Thank you, we enjoy doing it even if no one listened because we can chop it up about our favorite team. This year we are going to try and shorten up the episodes and bring more guests. Open to other suggestions. Thanks for the support and Go Duke!

Our second season is here! We're going to bring you guys better content, more interviews and guests and hopefully...some more @dukiejay!;) The new episode is below. Check it out!

I was listening to the podcast and u guys were talking about lineups, and it never crossed my mind until now, but do you think there is a possibility we could see Vernon play the 4 spot at times?

I was listening to the podcast and u guys were talking about lineups, and it never crossed my mind until now, but do you think there is a possibility we could see Vernon play the 4 spot at times?

I think we could see it. Vernon can step outside and handle a bit. And despite his size, he’s going to be used in the league as a versatile scoring big who can stretch the floor in the pick and pop. I think we’ll see a few cases where Jav is the inside man of the 4 out-1 in and Vernon is outside.

We've had some glowing reports about Hurt, which have been nice, of course.

Any reports about how Vernon has looked?

Also Javin mentioned at ACC Media day that coach has been imploring him to shoot the open 3s, so I’d that is the case, then i guess we would not ever see Vernon at the 5. Javin is the only one who can play the five imo on this roster outside of Vernon.

Reactions: dukehokie
I listened to the season 2 podcast premiere yesterday and it's excellent as usual guys! I didn't realize Vernon's 'stock' was dropping so much...he may have to stay another year to build it back up.:cool:

I too think that something needs to be done concerning the NIL. The only problem is the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I just don't have confidence that the 'experts' will come up with a solution better than the problem. I hope I'm wrong.

Looking forward to more podcasts in the coming weeks Timo & Hokie. Keep up the great work!

OFC

I listened to the season 2 podcast premiere yesterday and it's excellent as usual guys! I didn't realize Vernon's 'stock' was dropping so much...he may have to stay another year to build it back up.:cool:

I too think that something needs to be done concerning the NIL. The only problem is the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I just don't have confidence that the 'experts' will come up with a solution better than the problem. I hope I'm wrong.

Looking forward to more podcasts in the coming weeks Timo & Hokie. Keep up the great work!

OFC

Thanks, Dirt! We’re going to have some high quality stuff coming this season.

OFC
Thanks for the support!

Think thats awesome you guys will have more dukiejay! I have got to remember to tune in this season!!! OFC

***New Episode***

It's the Countdown to Craziness Special! This week, TK & AC discuss all things CTC. They're talking favorite moments, recruits coming for the show, expectations, potential roster, and more. PLUS an exclusive interview with THE famous duke.wave Instagrammer Andrew Danowitz. Also...Zion news! You won't want to miss this one!

I just got around to listening to the last podcast (late as usual). Some really interesting stuff in there from 'Andrew' to 'The Brotherhood'. I knew the Brotherhood was huge, but didn't realize it was quite this phenomenal. No wonder those Heels over at THR are upset about it...it dwarfs the 'Family' (or more appropriately 'AFAMily').
Great stuff guys, keep it up!

OFC

Reactions: timo0402
I just got around to listening to the last podcast (late as usual). Some really interesting stuff in there from 'Andrew' to 'The Brotherhood'. I knew the Brotherhood was huge, but didn't realize it was quite this phenomenal. No wonder those Heels over at THR are upset about it...it dwarfs the 'Family' (or more appropriately 'AFAMily').
Great stuff guys, keep it up!

OFC
Thanks OAD!!

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
****New Episode****

TK and AC wrap up the Exhibition is a nice bow, while also breaking down their expectations of the team moving forward. They also discuss what they expect to see at the Champions Classic versus Kansas! You won't want to miss this one. Wet your appetite, the regular season is here! Let's Go Duke!

I finished the podcast, and now I'm......depressed. It never occurred to me that Joey might have a small window to prove himself. Hope he's able to contribute right away, and put any thoughts of the T-word to rest.
And thanks Timo and 'hokie for keeping it real. It can't always be sunshine and lollipops, and I'm glad you guys are telling us what you think at this point, instead of blowing sunshine. We've got plenty of time to get better, and hopefully we will. Great job!!!
Go Duke!

OFC

I finished the podcast, and now I'm......depressed. It never occurred to me that Joey might have a small window to prove himself. Hope he's able to contribute right away, and put any thoughts of the T-word to rest.
And thanks Timo and 'hokie for keeping it real. It can't always be sunshine and lollipops, and I'm glad you guys are telling us what you think at this point, instead of blowing sunshine. We've got plenty of time to get better, and hopefully we will. Great job!!!
Go Duke!

OFC

It’s funny, I think last year sounded like a pump up session, but how could you not love that team and believe in them. This year, expectations have to be different. We even talked offline about how many differing opinions we’ve already had about this season, starting the outcome of the game tomorrow.

It’s going to be a fun year for the pod. Thanks for tuning in!

Go Duke!

OFC

I’m rooting like hell for Joey, I really hope he pulls through. It’s just always tough to rely on a college kid with little to no experience to take on a professional’s role. I hope he loves Duke and sticks it out, because really we need him to take the next step next season (lack of shooters and scorers).

I’m rooting like hell for Joey, I really hope he pulls through. It’s just always tough to rely on a college kid with little to no experience to take on a professional’s role. I hope he loves Duke and sticks it out, because really we need him to take the next step next season (lack of shooters and scorers).
Dude. I can’t fathom the thought of having a third season in a row without consistent shooting! DJ Steward should be a very good shooter and to be honest I’m not sure about Roach. Haven’t watched a lot of Roach. I do know Johnson is not a shooter, but he’s a great passer and driver.

Dude. I can’t fathom the thought of having a third season in a row without consistent shooting! DJ Steward should be a very good shooter and to be honest I’m not sure about Roach. Haven’t watched a lot of Roach. I do know Johnson is not a shooter, but he’s a great passer and driver.

Roach can shoot, but it’s not his forte. Alex and Joey will be much needed next season.

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
I find this to be an appropriate location for hype. Just saying.

****New Episode****

TK and AC wrap up the Exhibition is a nice bow, while also breaking down their expectations of the team moving forward. They also discuss what they expect to see at the Champions Classic versus Kansas! You won't want to miss this one. Wet your appetite, the regular season is here! Let's Go Duke!

So I finally listened to this one. This was the first time I've ever listened to a podcast. It was good...as much as it hurts me to admit it's worth the hype.

Good job guys. I appreciate you doing these.

So I finally listened to this one. This was the first time I've ever listened to a podcast. It was good...as much as it hurts me to admit it's worth the hype.

Wow! Thank you!

Wow! Thank you!

Haha, really though, I enjoyed it very much. I liked the information about JJ, and that he says he has a relationship with every player that comes through Duke, even 15+ years removed from the team. I didn't know that and I think it's pretty awesome.

So you’re saying you’ll listen again?!

Reactions: dbav
Absolutely, I just wouldn't say it in another thread, haha.

Who do you have lined up as future guests?

I wish we could tell you. We’re working on a few big things but they aren’t confirmed. We’re hoping @dukiejay wants to step back in the arena. Also hoping to get Clint and Brian back. We’ve had Kenny Dennard and hope to get him back. And there’s a few guys on our dream list that we’re trying to get. And let me tell you, it’s not as much a pipe dream as once believed.

I just finished the most recent episode, you guys do a great job. I'm gonna try to get back to listening to every single episode. I was a slacker last year because there was so many different ways to consume Duke basketball talk, won't be slacking this year.

If your ever looking for a guest with previous podcast hosting experience (NBA related), a massive bias towards Duke basketball, pretty average takes, and an insane amount of useless basketball knowledge.......I'm your guy.

I just finished the most recent episode, you guys do a great job. I'm gonna try to get back to listening to every single episode. I was a slacker last year because there was so many different ways to consume Duke basketball talk, won't be slacking this year.

If your ever looking for a guest with previous podcast hosting experience (NBA related), a massive bias towards Duke basketball, pretty average takes, and an insane amount of useless basketball knowledge.......I'm your guy.
Haha i love it!

Reactions: jwill133
I wish we could tell you. We’re working on a few big things but they aren’t confirmed. We’re hoping @dukiejay wants to step back in the arena. Also hoping to get Clint and Brian back. We’ve had Kenny Dennard and hope to get him back. And there’s a few guys on our dream list that we’re trying to get. And let me tell you, it’s not as much a pipe dream as once believed.

Just when I'm getting into the podcast you tell me your next interview may be @dukiejay? I thought you want to keep your listeners. :)

It’s funny, I think last year sounded like a pump up session, but how could you not love that team and believe in them. This year, expectations have to be different. We even talked offline about how many differing opinions we’ve already had about this season, starting the outcome of the game tomorrow.

It’s going to be a fun year for the pod. Thanks for tuning in!

There are so many possibilities right now for this young team. If they're able to find their footing early then who knows what they might grow into, but just like so many things, if they stumble out of the gate...and doubt sets in, then it can kinda snowball in a bad way. I think this team has talent, but it doesn't have an overabundance of it (like last year) that can overcome shortcomings.
They MUST play smart, tough, and together. And they'll need to hang their hats on their defense, I believe.
Of course hitting a few 3's here and there wouldn't hurt either.:)

OFC

*** New Episode Alert*** Just in time for the evening drive! This week, TK & AC recap the Champions Classic, unveil the newest segment "Overreactions," go around the ACC, talk about the two newest Blue Devil commitments and preview the upcoming games with Colorado State and Central Arkansas. Let's Go Duke!

I think your intro music should be changed. The NBA theme kills me every time, haha. I'm voting for Eiffel 65.

I really liked the "Opening Day" discussion.

I also really liked the piece on Vernon. He seems like he would play better against players his size because he's very skilled for his size. Matching him up with smaller guys in the exhibitions was a tough go to start in my opinion.

Great job guys.

Reactions: timo0402
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT