ADVERTISEMENT

Final Four Thread

Great point by Grant Hill....TTech enjoys playing defense...i like that

Loving TTech defense...hard work beats talent if talent doesnt work hard...so difficult for MSU to score vs when we defended them

AT & T need to rethink its advertising with Phil...those commercials and his insights are awful

I couldn't bring myself to watch the games tonight, but I hope Texas Tech takes Michigan State to that often discussed woodshed.

Not sure what it sounds like on tv, but this crowd is definitely pro TT.

Reactions: Hurley22
Texas Tech’s best player is on the bench with more fouls than points, and they’ve grown the lead.

Winston gets away with contact all the time

I can't believe they called a foul on Winston. It was a foul, but he committed that foul about every time Duke went down the court. The whole MSU team did. Duke should have shot about 10 more FTs and would have won the game, imo.

I can't abide college refs. The game would be much better if they called fouls on the defense. They are behind the NBA in that they still allow too much physical contact (it's like watching the NBA from 1995 to 2010) in the form of body contact, hand checks, and arm bars the NBA has cut out (and hence part of the reason you see many teams scoring 120 every night).

I can't believe they called a foul on Winston. It was a foul, but he committed that foul about every time Duke went down the court. The whole MSU team did. Duke should have shot about 10 more FTs and would have won the game, imo.

I can't abide college refs. The game would be much better if they called fouls on the defense. They are behind the NBA in that they still allow too much physical contact (it's like watching the NBA from 1995 to 2010) in the form of body contact, hand checks, and arm bars the NBA has cut out (and hence part of the reason you see many teams scoring 120 every night).

and then every little touch on a drive even if initiated by the offensive player is a foul...drives me nuts

Well I feel a lot better now. I like both of the teams in the NG, rooting for UVA but wouldn't be upset at all if TTU won. Man Chris Beard, what a guy.

Reactions: youngman42
Ahh man not going to lie I truly enjoyed watching MSU close it to one and then getting their heart ripped out. Now that I have complete closure for last week I’m really going to enjoy Monday’s game. Be nice to have a first timer. Go cavs tho

Reactions: Quavarius
Great win for Tech. I like both UVA and I like Tech and their coach.

But, I think Tech will win b/c they are more physical and a very tough team; Auburn had UVA dead to rights. UVA is fortunate to be playing Monday.

Ttech...culver had a tough game....mooney as a transfer was influencial....nice recipe..some experience brought in....lets get Lewis from Bama....tre + Lewis would be awesome

And for the second year in a row, the team that beat us in the Elite 8 lost in the Final Four. Welp, ball don’t lie!

Reactions: pisgah101
The refs definitely missed the double dribble but Kyle Guy was fouled...so tired of refs choking on their whistles at the end of a game..call the foul! Guy stepped up and hit his free throws...something I wish we were capable of all year! If we can’t win the natty at least let it be another ACC team....except the cheats of course! Go Hoos!

This championship game may be the worst game since Michigan State and Wisconsin played in the semi's years ago. First team to 35 wins.

Reactions: dukehokie
I love beard. He’s a hell of a coach. I also like Bruce pearl a lot. Was so classy after a game where it would be so hard to keep your cool

This championship game may be the worst game since Michigan State and Wisconsin played in the semi's years ago. First team to 35 wins.

I think you’re thinking of the Penn St and Wisconsin game in the B1G tourney forever ago. Final score was like 36-32..... I’d rather listen to Doris Burke talk non-stop for 2 hours than watch a Wisconsin basketball game.

Worth mentioning that I hate Doris Burke

I want Virginia to win but I also think their luck deserves to run out. It’s going to against TxTech. The only way to dent their defense is to drive the ball because they’re so foul prone. Tariq Owens gets in foul trouble so easily.

Too bad UVA will shoot 35 threes.

Don’t forget, Duke/Butler was offensively anemic at 61-59 but was a hell of a game.

Reactions: dbav
We may have the chance from what I hear

tenor.gif

Goins 0-4 shooting 3pointers and Winston 4-16 from the floor. 11 turnovers for MSU.
Tech defense was great.

The refs have been absolutely terrible. I just don’t get it anymore...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT