ADVERTISEMENT

Final Four Thread

Since his name has been thrown around a bit, it would be interesting to see if a win on Monday gives Bennett more of a reason to stay or go. I'd guess it would be to stay.

Last edited:
Bennett has been right with the Basketball God's, that's for sure. They have been absolutely dead in the water multiple times and had everything go their way to be brought back to life.

Reactions: christophero
Virginia just seems destined to win it. Like when we lost to Mercer, or Florida winning after losing in the first round the year before. Sometimes that can be used as motivation.

I'll be at work so I can't watch (originally had tonight off but........) I like TT to win tonight, but wouldn't be surprised either way obviously.

Since I’ve started watching college bb, can’t remember if there was ever a nc game where I like both teams and coaches. It’s weird not having negative emotions associated with either one of these squads.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Since I’ve started watching college bb, can’t remember if there was ever a nc game where I like both teams and coaches. It’s weird not having negative emotions associated with either one of these squads.

I agree I actually like them both. I’ll go for UVA just cuz of conference but I’m okay either way. It’s exciting to get a new one a ship

Reactions: PixelDevil
I agree I actually like them both. I’ll go for UVA just cuz of conference but I’m okay either way. It’s exciting to get a new one a ship
compared to 2012 where I was like

1eMZYHW.gif

Chris and Tony are likable. Their kids are hard nosed good younguns. It's hard for me to dislike either team. My papa was a huge UVA fan. Sadly, we lost him last year right before the NCAA tourney. His favorite time of the year. I keep thinking about how he would've reacted to the first one seed losing and it being his team. And now how he would've reacted to this team playing for a title one year later. In that respect I am glad Duke isn't playing UVA tonight. I don't think my emotions could've handled it all. That said, I still wish we were..... So, tonight I will raise a beer or two or three....in memory of my Papa and in the hopes of seeing Bennett and his boys bring a championship back my pop's home state. Honestly, if it wasn't for my papa I wouldn't love college basketball as much as I do. He was passionate about sports in general. But, basketball was his game. Hell, I am getting up there in my years and he would still call me after every Duke season ended to check on me if I was in the depths of despair or to congratulate me on the biggest W that is attainable. I was lucky to have that conversation five times and all the losses brought great convos as well. I really missed it last year and this year.

There’s some god awful “music” performance on CBS pregame show. Back to Family Guy till tip-off.

Reactions: PixelDevil
the semi finals had a quartet of students, one from each final four team, sing the national anthem in a contemporary style with a guitar - it was really cool

It’s on in the background at my house. If the game gets good I’ll probably watch later. Like most, I have no rooting interest whatsoever. Both teams are relatively likable, as are both coaches.

Remember our game against Butler? I bet other fans thought that was a bore! Game is heating up - just enjoy watching players play hard...both teams are getting going

One thing I like about the championship games is the lighting and production quality is so stepped up.

I keep turning it on for a couple minutes, and getting bored of it, and turn it off. Then turn it on, then off again. It really is a shame!

Ty Jerome is going to play in the nba for a long, long time.

Very similar to Tyler Johnson. He has a better chance at a long career than Guy. And as much as I like Hunter, I could see Jerome with the better career.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT