ADVERTISEMENT

Final Four Thread

PixelDevil

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Dec 16, 2016
Not even mad bro
Thought at least one other person would be watching haha, but maybe not. UVA currently shooting free throws with the game on the line.

All right I'll be honest, I just tuned in with like 6 seconds left. I saw that it was close and wanted to watch the end. The pain hasn't left yet.

I didn't watch 99% of the game, so I can't comment on the officiating, but I'm glad UVA won. Now I just need MSU to lose.

I thought it was the right call, not sure how many would have called it in that situation honestly. He still had to hit the free throws though.

Reactions: retiredsoldier
Tough way to lose after such a comeback..technically it may be a foul but at this point let the players decide...the contact didnt affect the shot at all. Feel for Pearl...i wanted UVA to win but now feel bad for Auburn ( secretly, Roll Tide)

Ya know Auburn just because you had one more foul to give didn't mean you had to use it

By the rules, it’s a foul. But it’s become a joke of a call. The flopping and flailing done in the nba has filtered down to the college game.

Auburn showed some fight and took the lead. Jerome double dribbled when he lost the ball, and Auburn should have also fouled before Guy hit that corner 3. They had fouls to give then.

Lol....now they admit that Va double dribbles with a couple seconds. Flat out embarrassing for the NCAA. Truly pathetic scenario.

The non called double dribble was way worse than the foul call IMO....Damn refs standing right in front of the play

I didn’t see the game, or the play, but I have argued this for years. If it’s a could with 10’ to go, it’s a foul with 1 second to go. Again, I didn’t see the play so I don’t know if it was a foul or not, but the rules aren’t based on how much time is left

I didn't notice the double dribble right away either, but I don't get paid to notice it. Big missed call.

Tough call but appeared to be the right call. So dumb to be that close to him. Loved it when guy said after he was terrified when shooting the free throws - he was pretty clutch but cool to hear that level of honestly.

Reactions: retiredsoldier
The defender jumped into the shooter it was a foul. Not calling the double dribble was awful. Give Guy credit for hitting the foul shots. Our RJ had the same chance but failed.

I didn’t see the game, or the play, but I have argued this for years. If it’s a could with 10’ to go, it’s a foul with 1 second to go. Again, I didn’t see the play so I don’t know if it was a foul or not, but the rules aren’t based on how much time is left

IMO it was a foul but the double dribble was so obvious it should have been called with about 5 sec left...auburn would have had ball up 2

I do not like any team to lose the way Auburn did. Having said this Guy made all three free throws. Heck of a team Auburn has and down a starter. I have always liked Pearls passion.

The refs should get rings and a piece of the net, is year.

Absolutely a foul on the shot. Absolutely affected the shot. No way was it a flop. He shot it to make it. Maybe wasnt a super obvious foul, but clearly a foul. I also agree with the concept of you call it in the middle of the game, you call it with .1 on the clock.

Double dribble non call was horrible. Obvious call, but a weird play. I blurted it out right away while watching it.

Feel horrible for Auburn nonetheless. They played like winners.

Cant argue the no calls when Zion was getting mugged. Still angry about that.

I didnt watch all the game, but my love for the game kicked in with 8 minutes to go so that's when I started watching and I'm glad I did. I'm glad UVA won but hate the way Auburn lost. Now go T.Tech. If UVa and TT play for the Championship, cant we claim we are the true champions since we best both teams?

Didnt mention I wont be a take myself watch the next game, it's too heartbreaking.

double dribble was tough in that situation....but in no way did Guy flop....straight up, no leg kick, no weird contortions....ice in his veins!!!

Reactions: DukeDenver
I don't feel bad for Auburn at all. I think TENNESSEE got screwed over when they lost to Auburn. Karma's a _ _ _ _ _.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT