ADVERTISEMENT

Duke WBB up big at half vs Miami

kwyjibos13

All American
Nov 24, 2012
7 straight quarters (5 on the road) with holding opponent under 10 points. Miami is a pesky team, unranked, but knocked off FSU recently. Trying to get momentum heading into an important stretch against three of four ranked (and an upcoming trip to Virginia Tech and Virginia). If you are able, the women need people out against the Woofies and Cheats in Cameron February 23 and 26.

6pm tonite tip vs The Cheaters in the ACC WOMENS QUARTERFINALS. While it's not the men, get ready for a lot of 'Holes chirpin' if they win.It would give them a three game sweep this year, and we shouldn't let it happen. They're good, but so are we!! I think our defense will be solid, it's just a matter of improving our shooting woes from Sunday.

The game is in Greensboro, so the Cheaters will have no shortage of fans. Historically speaking though, Blue Devil men and women play well in the Gate City. Unfortunately Duke hater Debbie Antonelli is handling commentary. OFC

Back-to-back nights with Duke playing the Cheats, my anxiety can't take it.
Bleed I have already been wrestling with this scenario. Almost surreal too the games are almost exactly 24 hours apart. I really have followed the Duke women, and the loss Sunday was gut wrenching as we should have won. We need to send a message tonite with a statement win!!!

If we shoot well we should win. I have confidence in our D!!! Wake up tired tomorrow from emotion spent, get ready for men's game.

OFC

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Heck yeah! I hope they can
Tough game with VT tomorrow

keep it rolling!
VT will be very difficult, but first things first: hell yeah, we beat the cheats!! Ugly game, but heck that's part of our ladies team DNA; Smothering D, forces other team into poor shots and turnovers. Unfortunately we are offensively challenged ourselves, so our games tend to become ragged affairs.Kudos to Coach Kara Lawson, her staff and entire team for the win!!!

VT will be extremely difficult, as we're forced to challenge POY center Liz Kitley and company. The game is of course in Greensboro (Kitley's hometown) so again we will have the crowd against us. I like our chances if we can keep it a low scoring, grind it out game. We split with 'em regular season. Don't count out these Lady Devils!!!

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT