ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS TEXAS TECH OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Definitely looking forward to this one. Duke enter at 9-1 and Tech at 10-0, but whether or not Tech's 10-0 is a paper tiger or not remains to be seen. They haven't scheduled the "beefiest" of non-conference schedules.

Nonetheless, we're all looking forward to tonight's annual NYC game - typically played at MSG. Duke is favored by -8.5 and I like us to cover.

Tonight's game is slated for a 7pm est tip and will air on ESPN2 HD.

Duke 88

Texas Tech 79

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texas Tech is hovering around 300th in terms of fastest tempo. I don't expect a super high-scoring affair. Also, keep in mind that they have the #1 rated defense in the country.

Duke 70
Texas Tech 61

Reactions: Quavarius
I said the team would start sluggish against Princeton and they settled in and played well. I think that continues tonight. I love the defense this team is playing. So much better than in recent years.
TT hasn't faced anyone close to the caliber of the Devils, offensively or defensively. I think the Devils run away with this one.

Duke 102:
TT: 68

I think Tech will struggle with our half court pressure, if they do not shoot the ball well from 3 it will be a struggle for them and could get ugly. I doubt Duke can get 90 here but I do believe they will get 80. No way Tech can keep up if Duke does.

I say 84 - 72 Duke wins and covers

as usual we look like crap first 6 to 8 minutes then lock in and win.

I say tonight is the night we shake off those first half blahs and come out on fire. The boys will want to make a statement on the big stage. I think their defensive numbers are skewed a bit considering who they’ve played.

Duke 87
Texas Tech 69

This one will be an interesting matchup, but Duke gets the win! I’m thinking it might be a little close though!

Duke: 84
Texas Tech: 76

Let’s go Duke!!!

I say tonight is the night we shake off those first half blahs and come out on fire. The boys will want to make a statement on the big stage. I think their defensive numbers are skewed a bit considering who they’ve played.

Duke 87
Texas Tech 69

Nailed it.

This is my guess as well.

Blue Devils 87
Red Raiders 69

I hope we see Cam light it up today.

Everybody is talking up this Texas Tech defense, when the best team they've played is Nebraska. While I would have to agree they are an elite defensive team, they haven't seen an opposing team comparable to us. We've seen teams better than them. I'm not saying this will be an easy win, but I'm definitely comfortable with our chances. Talking heads seem to glaze over the fact that our defense is #5 in the nation. That's after playing Auburn, Gonzaga, and Indiana in just 11 games.

Hard to say when we turn it on, because it's taken a little while the last few games to flip the switch and find a rhythm offensively. But I think our defense overwhelms them and we dominate the boards. I get the feeling that the fact it's at the garden, our star freshmen will want to make a statement to the world just like against UK. If we keep Culver contained, and get ahead of their defense in transition, this should be a win.

Duke - 84
TTU - 68

Wish it was a 9 o’clock start time. Probably gonna have to watch the replay.
No disrespect to Texas Tech, but I’d be very disappointed if we lose this one.

Our poor shooting performances cannot keep happening without coming back to bite us. I do not have any thoughts on what the score will be but I think it is close and could go either way. We have not played a defensive team like them this year and they will make it extremely difficult.
I am also curious to see how RJ handles an elite defensive team, will he force shots. He took 21 shots to score 27 points against Princeton.

I really think we need to get off to a fast start offensively. Lot's of points quick. A 0-8 from the field not gonna be good. We recovered against Princeton but unless T. T. goes 0 - 15 we are in for a tough game. I think Coach K has told the team how important getting off to a good start is and they will respond. We took the wind out of UK that way and they never recovered. OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
Duke 72
Texas Tech 60

Not sure how often you frequent the main board, but I posted recently about getting your 8-man rotation set in the college basketball draft thread (before January 1st). Jontay Porter is out for the season, so you'll want to replace him in your lineup.

Reactions: jwill133
Just like i said on the podcast this week. Duke is trying to send a message for the rest of the nation in 2019. No more slow starts. Big stage, sold out garden, let’s go.

Duke- 94
TT- 69

That’s right.

Reactions: pisgah101 and Jnigh
Lots of folks giving TT a ton of credit...2nd ranked defense? Has anyone looked at their schedule? Best wins are USC and Nebraska on neutral courts...wow! What a 10 game grind!

If we’re making shots this game gets Kentucky ugly... Duke 90 TT 65

The garden <3 we win but it’ll depend on how we start. Slow start we’re in for a fight. Come out like we should and we blow them out

Two very aggressive defensive teams go at it early. Which team will stay out of foul trouble, and can the TT 3 pointers be limited. TT may start off with an edge in emotion, but someone may need to call the Fire Dept. if Duke comes out ready to play!
My guess is that these kids like the big stage of MSG, and Duke will cover the spread +.
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: SoCal Raider
Texas Tech has played no one. And it's at CIS North. Like Show said, I think we start slow and ugly but instead end up winning easily.

Duke 84
Tech 65

Reactions: Jnigh
This weekend is gonna suck if they lose, especially after UNC beat Gonzaga. We have a Christmas party at my cousins and her husband is a UNC homer.
Please win Devils

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT