ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS PITT OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

We used to laugh at other unorganized teams now we look like the dysfunctional, underfunded high school basketball team. just glimpsing at other teams play around the country i can judge by the way they communicate and play with each other-they just want to win. Somehow with some of these kids that come here to Duke i wonder if winning is secondary to looking cool, goofy hair, social equity and tattoos. trevon Duval thumbs upping his dunk following a UNC loss. these are the kids we are recruiting. Bring back the kids that want to win. this is NOT Duke basketball

Get out of here with that garbage. We have always recruited kids who love Duke. These kids love Duke. Just look at Jalen's reaction to fouling out last night for reference. That kid loves Duke, hates to lose, and I am damn glad we have him.

Dude, all you do is complain on here. Rarely do I see you give an optimistic response to anything that occurs with K or the team. Yeah, K is the GOAT. That doesn't mean I don't question his decisions or think he makes mistakes. That said, I would rather have him coaching than any of the arm chair coaches here or anyone else coaching in the NCAA today for that matter.

Blah blah blah...sorry you can't handle the truth...now run along

Blah blah blah...sorry you can't handle the truth...now run along

I can handle the truth. What I cannot tolerate is a Downer Dan who has to bring everyone down all the time or else they're not happy. I literally just stated that I am fine with criticizing the greatest coach of all time. Negativity, negativity, negativity, that's all you bring to the board man. Why for? Criticism can be given, discussed, acknowledged, and I have no problem with that. What I can't stand is how you throw everyone under the bus, shit on K, shit on the team, and never seem to have a positive thing to say about anything at all.

We get it. You think K has lost a step. Maybe you should coach the team? I don't think K is free of criticism. But that team in '19 was two horses, Zion and RJ. Cam should've been the 3rd, but he never clicked all the way completely.
If you can't see that he has lost a few steps then that's really suspect. It's okay to not praise everything he does and not sweep everything under the rug. I promise he won't whip you. But anyway Cam and Tre weren't played in the right ways. We never really ran plays for Cam and we put a non-shooter at the 3 point line to show he was a non shooter. When Cam was able to come off pick and rolls he actually did well. Go check the stats

I can handle the truth. What I cannot tolerate is a Downer Dan who has to bring everyone down all the time or else they're not happy. I literally just stated that I am fine with criticizing the greatest coach of all time. Negativity, negativity, negativity, that's all you bring to the board man. Why for? Criticism can be given, discussed, acknowledged, and I have no problem with that. What I can't stand is how you throw everyone under the bus, shit on K, shit on the team, and never seem to have a positive thing to say about anything at all.

Shit on K? Where?

Just because I don't kiss his ass every bar decision makes me shit on him?

GTF Out of here with your BS

If you can't see that he has lost a few steps then that's really suspect. It's okay to not praise everything he does and not sweep everything under the rug. I promise he won't whip you. But anyway Cam and Tre weren't played in the right ways. We never really ran plays for Cam and we put a non-shooter at the 3 point line to show he was a non shooter. When Cam was able to come off pick and rolls he actually did well. Go check the stats

He don't want facts cause he can't handle facts or the truth....he is a yes man

People on here need get off the blue koolaid, we should have went to a final 4 with all the talent k has

Didnt Cam have issues handling the ball and turning it over though? That team was awesome to watch and I think we definitely missed a chance at winning it all that year. Water under the bridge now though

i appreciate the open debate on this forum.
I hope it continues on..
I direct you to the graveyards of DBR and thedevilsden.
The mods banned anybody who they disagree with and now their forums are reduced to a handful of friends who all multiaccount to hide their pathetic traffic

Some of this stuff needs to be discussed on the brotherhood board. Sky how can they join?

I don't have the link. One of the adminstrators has that but I can tell you this most of the stuff discussed on this board would ot be allowed to be discussed on DBB. I will ask if one of the adminstrators will post it. OFC

Reactions: Louisville Crazie
You don't find it odd as a grown man that you 100% back another man that doesn't even know you exist? Some of you are very weird with that

I've never said that I 100% support every decision he makes or has made. He isn't free of criticism. I just don't care for the shitty way it is presented here by some people.

Didnt Cam have issues handling the ball and turning it over though? That team was awesome to watch and I think we definitely missed a chance at winning it all that year. Water under the bridge now though
That was more of a comfort and nerves thing. He had the ball taken away from him as soon as he got there and he was given a role that he had never played. He wasn't empowered at all and his confidence as a ball handler and playmaker was shot. That's why he would press whenever he got the ball and just run into charges. For example...look at JR Smith. JR used to be a one on one baller but when he got to Cleveland he looked like he couldn't even dribble anymore

I've never said that I 100% support every decision he makes or has made. He isn't free of criticism. I just don't care for the shitty way it is presented here by some people.
well you can sugarcoat it how you want. Coach K called Jalen Johnson "f***in soft" and was caught on camera. He not sugarcoating so I won't either

I remember reading in Sports Illustrated an article on Cam while he was a senior in high school. He was playing point guard. But handling the ball in high school is a lot different than handling it against Kentucky. The game has changed. I watched a game from Battier's freshman year and was surprised at how unpolished his game was. He improved each year and by his senior year he was unstoppable. But now with elite recruits, it's one or two years and then they go to the NBA. Cam as a sophomore would have been crazy good.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
I can't even imagine how dominant a guy like Reddish would have been in high school regardless of the level of play. From what I've seen of the "elite schools" (IMG, Patrick School, the one in West Virginia) it looks like AAU with little defense played. Then to go to college where the athletes are comparable to him and he actually has a hand in his face when he shoots, sure, it could take a year or two to adjust. But when you can do your adjustment for millions in the NBA, why not?

But back to Coach K. Maybe he isn't the best coach anymore, but I can't think of 5 I'd rather have. And he's our guy. And the recruits love him.

Reactions: christophero
Love to see you on DBB my friend. I think you would really enjoy it. OFC

I think personally, I will just stay right here. I like the way the mods allow for good give and take.They probably do not get enough credit....Although Sky I think the more places to talk Duke basketball is great. Everyone has to find their own niche. Sky just please NEVER leave DI. You're like the mayor, and we all respect you my friend!

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT