ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS PITT OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Sorry all - work has been nuts and it completely slipped my mind last night.

We've already arrived at the point in the season where EVERY game is huge. We all know that our beloved Blue Devils dropped out of the top 25 for the first time since 2016. Anyone remember where that team finished? A sweet 16 loss to Oregon. Considering Lunardi doesn't even have us in the field right now, I think we'd all be happy with that.

Duke enters this evenings matchup as a -4 favorite against a Pitt team, on the road, that sports the same 3-1 conference record and an overall better record of 7-2. At this point, it's hard to say they've had a "marquee" win. Its best wins, however, are on the road @Northwestern against the fighting Chris Collins' and home and away victories against Syracuse.

Tip vs the Panthers tonight is slated for 9pm est and will air on ESPN. I'm having a very difficult time seeing this one end as a win, but I've never picked against my beloved Blue Devils. It's certainly not a game we can't win, but we're going to have to put together 40 minutes of solid basketball at least on the defensive end. Va Tech shot the lights out in the first half - partly due to poor defense and partly due to great shooting - but we couldn't recover after.

Duke - 73

Pitt - 71

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: hart2chesson
Just want to see us get some semblance of an offensive identity. Is JJ playing tonight? I missed the last game but saw he got only a handful of minutes...

Duke comes out strong as Coach K gives them a rather "strong" pep talk before the game. It stays close but Duke prevails.

78-74 Duke.

To see Duke installed as the favorite is pretty surprising to me. Have they covered a spread, wins included, this season? Maybe this is the one!

To see Duke installed as the favorite is pretty surprising to me. Have they covered a spread, wins included, this season? Maybe this is the one!
I believe ND was our only cover this season.

We cover tonight though!
Duke 76
Pitt 68

Pitt's offense is bad. As long as we don't have a slow start, we will be fine.

I want badly to be optimistic, so by God that is what I am going to do!

Duke is due a quality shooting game, and they are as healthy as they have been since the year started.

Duke - 64
Pitt - 61

Game preview.

Pitts jump out to a double digit lead and Duke starts jacking up three’s and lose by nine.

Just want to see us get some semblance of an offensive identity. Is JJ playing tonight? I missed the last game but saw he got only a handful of minutes...

You can call him Ja Jo. You can call him Double D. You can call him Jalen J or J Johnson but you doesn't need to call him JJ. :) OFC

Reactions: kingbluedevil
I mean seriously could we be competitive in the first two minutes of a single game this season.

We just consistently look really young. Which we are. We're really missing that junior or senior leader.

Reactions: Louisville Crazie
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT