ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

Murphy’s lack of mobility concerns me as well. In today’s football, most QB’s can at least run when they have to, even if they don’t call a lot of running plays for themselves. The DLs and LBs are so quick, you need to be able to get out of harms’ way. He does have a cannon for an arm, but he needs to develope a little touch. Not every ball needs to be a laser - case in point, before we kicked the tying field goal, Jordan was wide open on a slant across the middle, but Murphy sent a fastball that was slightly off, but if thrown more softly, would have been something Moore could adjust to and catch.

OFC

Murphy’s lack of mobility concerns me as well. In today’s football, most QB’s can at least run when they have to, even if they don’t call a lot of running plays for themselves. The DLs and LBs are so quick, you need to be able to get out of harms’ way. He does have a cannon for an arm, but he needs to develope a little touch. Not every ball needs to be a laser - case in point, before we kicked the tying field goal, Jordan was wide open on a slant across the middle, but Murphy sent a fastball that was slightly off, but if thrown more softly, would have been something Moore could adjust to and catch.

OFC
Spot on. Murphy's touch needs fine tuning, and we need him to work on his mobility.

OFC

I was surprised like most others that Belin came in instead of Loftis. I liked the way he took charge and was disappointed we never saw him again. It might make sense to mix him in for some true RPO's since Murphy isn't going to fool anyone that he's going to run with the ball.

Part of Diaz's strategy in playing fast is to tire out the defense and I wonder if our (comparative) late success in running the ball and throwing it around on the edges was due to fatigue on Northwestern.

Most of all, the team played pretty badly on offense and yet hung in there and won. This was an important game bowl-wise and Duke got the W. I'm hopeful for 7 wins now.

per an insider on another board who said that Belin was very very sharp running and passing in camp to the point that he just took the back up job away from Loftis. dont shoot me i am just relaying info.
Promise surf, I am withholding fire....lol.....Henry impressed me Friday nite. At the time in fact, I questioned taking him out, as he seemed to be driving us well in his limited stint.

OFC

I was surprised like most others that Belin came in instead of Loftis. I liked the way he took charge and was disappointed we never saw him again. It might make sense to mix him in for some true RPO's since Murphy isn't going to fool anyone that he's going to run with the ball.

Part of Diaz's strategy in playing fast is to tire out the defense and I wonder if our (comparative) late success in running the ball and throwing it around on the edges was due to fatigue on Northwestern.

Most of all, the team played pretty badly on offense and yet hung in there and won. This was an important game bowl-wise and Duke got the W. I'm hopeful for 7 wins now.
Great post Lift, spot-on.

OFC

Reactions: Liftee
As a Giants and Daniel Jones fan, 1:00 a.m. Saturday morning was the highlight of my football viewing weekend. All downhill from there.

Reactions: hart2chesson
so people are reaching out to several of our '25 recruits still. Evan Scott who rivals gave an 5.5 barely a P4 level OT is hearing from UGA, OHIO ST, UVA and others. might be time for a re-evaluation. Jaivon Solomon WR says LSU and GA TECH are trying to get him to come for visits. Manny has a good eye for recruits i think

so people are reaching out to several of our '25 recruits still. Evan Scott who rivals gave an 5.5 barely a P4 level OT is hearing from UGA, OHIO ST, UVA and others. might be time for a re-evaluation. Jaivon Solomon WR says LSU and GA TECH are trying to get him to come for visits. Manny has a good eye for recruits i think
It falls into the good news/bad news category. It’s bad that some of our recruits are still being pursued by top=level programs, but the good news is that we’re recruiting the type of talent that those schools want. I guess it’s a good problem to have.

so Bradley Gompers TE just tweeted out an offer from nc state. add in the offer from ole miss he got a week or two ago and he is another recruit that people are coming after
I am tired of State poaching our verbals, luring veterans away. Several years ago it was a promising in-state RB(Zonovan "Bam" Knight) '19. This year we lost Waters. Lets kick Doeren's @$$ again this year! We need to whip 'em on the field to give Doeren less clout.

OFC

Last edited:
I am tired of State poaching our verbals, luring veterans away. Several years ago it was a promising in-state RB(Zonovan "Bam" Knight) '19. This year we lost Waters. Lets kick Doeren's @$$ again this year! We need to whip 'em on the field to give Doeren less clout.

OFC
Doeren has also already flipped previous WR '25 Duke commit Gerritt Kemp, the 48th ranked athlete in the country. He will play DB at State. This occurred in August.

Like Zonovan Knight, Doeren continued to recruit Kemp after he gave the Blue Devils a verbal. In fact like Knight, State told Kemp they would continue to recruit him after he opted for Duke.

Realistically I am sure this goes on all the time. Until the pen is put to paper, these kids are considered fair game. I have to admit though, we need to beat State as often as possible!!

OFC

Last edited:
Doeren has also already flipped previous WR '25 Duke commit Gerritt Kemp, the 48th ranked athlete in the country. He will play DB at State. This occurred in August.

Like Zonovan Knight, Doeren continued to recruit Kemp after he gave the Blue Devils a verbal. In fact like Knight, State told Kemp they would continue to recruit him after he opted for Duke.

Realistically I am sure this goes on all the time. Until the pen is put to paper, these kids are considered fair game. I have to admit though, we need to beat State as often as possible!!

OFC
After watching state against Tennessee why would you want to go there.

Not a bad sized crowd last night for duke/uconn. Offensive is still a bit of a mess, a lot of 3 and outs along with throwing bombs on 3rd and 1’s. Our line can pass block but unfortunately they cannot open holes for the run game. The losses on the oline and dline are very glaring from last year.
The problem with the run game is that, unike most good teams, we have a QB who cannot run effectively, and all of our opponents know that. This leaves only one running back for defenses to have to focus on. Uconn is a really bad team, and allowing them two long sustained drives in the second half does not speak well for the defense. We are going to need to play a lot better once we get to the conference schedule. Repeated three and outs putting pressure on the D is a combination which led to Cut's departure. Let's hope we see a lot of improvement on both sides of the ball against Middles Tennessee. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT