ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

Surf, any intel on Jaylen Carl or Ryan Daly? Both verbally committed this fall but apparently, like Bourdon, never signed.

FYI I should have mentioned this but Robert Bourdon OT was also on campus this weekend. He goes to a$m next weekend but let's hope we did well with him. He is/would be a great get for our 24 class as a finishing touch.
Lost out on the highly touted Bourdon to "Midnite Mike" unfortunately:

OFC

Reactions: Devilinside
Mack Brown and two of his assistant coaches was at Reidsville basketball game tonight watching Harrison. I can't see him going there with all the offers he's got with Alabama being one

Mack Brown and two of his assistant coaches was at Reidsville basketball game tonight watching Harrison. I can't see him going there with all the offers he's got with Alabama being one
Brown is a good snake oil salesman. J Green had Bama as a final 3 with the Cheats and Mich. St. Also a loaded WR room coming in and Green still decided on the Cheats.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
The 24/7 report on Pogorelc coming out of high school is fantastic. They had him at 6'8" tall. Too bad he shrunk 3" already. ;)

"Thank you sir. May I please have another".

Reactions: smashmouth5
Micah Sahakian OT
6'6'' 328lbs
2nd team all ivy 2023.
highest graded FCS player for position by PFF in 2023

unfortunately he hurt his knee this winter and will be taking a medical red
shirt year in 2024. will be back in 2025 to help
Aw heck surf. Hate we won't have him next year. How is the OL shaping up, also couldn't we use an RB from the portal??

OFC

Only having 3 QBs in the program is a problem. We see how they can drop during the season. Of course, I guess Jordan Moore is an emergency replacement but it's been a while since he took snaps.
Lift I cannot wait to see how that competition goes in SPRING BALL. Murphy has made no bones about it, saying he wants to be somewhere he plays at once. Loftis impressed me last year, and I think has great upside.

A player can still transfer after spring ball, and our qb depth could drop further. Thus you bring up a very valid point. Henry Belin IV is anxious to be in the mix as well.

OFC

If I were Belin, I would have trouble seeing how I can get much PT this coming season. Does he redshirt or head somewhere else? Losing the recruited QB hurt us a lot and it is too late to bring in a freshman to take his place.

I suppose there will always be QB's in the portal.

It doesn't matter which QB shines in spring ball if we don't get a few hosses up front still. Yes we have 13 OLINE guys right now but 3 redshirt freshman from last year who didn't play and 3 incoming freshman are in that count. That gives us 7 guys. Parker OT, Maycraft IOL and Pickett IOL are 3 returning players who have experience. Add in Schon and Barr on the inside and that gives us 4 guys for 3 interior spots so still only 1 back up. The OT kid from Stanford is still an unknown after missing the last 2 seasons with injuries. The other OT signing is taking a medical redshirt year so right now we are not good. That is why I say we need 2 more transfer kids badly. We might be getting an OT kid who can start but I can't say who he is right now. Still need 1 more on the interior also just to give us 5 players for the inside rotation. We are really going to need some of the freshman/redshirt kids to step up. The Oline recruiting in Elmo's first year was not good and we lost the 2 best kids this year after he left us.
We do also have Jack Purcell OT 6'5" 305lbs who also transfered to us but is not a scholly but a gray shirt/PWO kid. I don't know how much they are relying on him if they don't give him a scholly.

Last edited:
Jeffrey, are you just going off of what someone said on DBR, or do you know something more?

Well, I may have jumped the gun by reporting Liam Johnson’s commitment. My friend appeared to have been confused about Johnson’s retweeting a tweet by his Princeton teammate, Ozzi Nicholas (an ILB) announcing his commitment to Duke. In the last 2 days, Johnson has tweeted that he has also received offers from Buffalo, Richmond and New Hampshire. I’d like to think we’re the best choice, but in any event, i apologize for passing along bad info and getting hopes up. 🤥

Reactions: hart2chesson
Well, I may have jumped the gun by reporting Liam Johnson’s commitment. My friend appeared to have been confused about Johnson’s retweeting a tweet by his Princeton teammate, Ozzi Nicholas (an ILB) announcing his commitment to Duke. In the last 2 days, Johnson has tweeted that he has also received offers from Buffalo, Richmond and New Hampshire. I’d like to think we’re the best choice, but in any event, i apologize for passing along bad info and getting hopes up. 🤥
No worries my friend!! I think we're very much in the mix. I am hoping the Nicholas commit to Duke spurs his teammate Johnson to Durham as well!

OFC

Last edited:
boom
Khari Reid DB 5'10'' 180lbs commits for 2024
3 star everywhere
offers include duke, stanford, boston college, maryland, ole miss, penn state and wva
his offer list is better than the 5.5 he has. think size might be an issue for raters
he had been committed to stanford so nice flip

this now takes us to 79 schollies.

Last edited:
boom
Khari Reid CB 5'10'' 165lbs commits for 2024
3 star everywhere
offers include duke, stanford, boston college, maryland, ole miss, penn state and wva
his offer list is better than the 5.5 he has. think size might be an issue for raters
he had been committed to stanford so nice flip

this now takes us to 79 schollies.
Would appear to lessen the blow of losing Brandon Johnson. Super news!!

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT