ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

Yeah at least 2. We probably are going to get a few more transfers out in the following week or two. Let see what positions they are. Still had 5 open spots so now up to 6 available

Last edited:
so Graham Gotlieb a kicker from Penn has announced he is coming to Duke next year to play. i know nothing and he is not listed on the Penn transfer portal list so beats me. this being said, we did have charlie ham enter the portal so we are down a kicker.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke83
So Clemson has now filed suit against the ACC. I can't see how this suit gets any traction. Clemson is claiming that the departure penalties are not related to the loss that the ACC would suffer (that is the most common basis for trying to set aside a liquidated damages clause in my experience). Are they kidding? The ACC will suffer tremendous financial loss from Clemson leaving. I mean, look at the exposure Duke got when we beat them in football and stormed the field! It was on Sportscenter all week!

BOOM another 25 commitment
Julius Columbus 6'2'' 285lb DT
only 2 P5 offers from duke and ucf
20 total offers
basically every mid major that went to a bowl
liberty, troy, app st, ecu, yale, cornell and just many more.
i think this is the kind of guy you get and develop over time. Go to max preps and his stats are nuts. Plays in a good Georgia division and had 21 sacks last year from the NT position. This kid could really blow up now that people will start looking at him. Great find by the staff

Last edited:
BOOM another 25 commitment
Julius Columbus 6'2'' 270lb DT
only 2 P5 offers from duke and ucf
20 total offers
basically every mid major that went to a bowl
liberty, troy, app st, ecu, yale, cornell and just many more.
i think this is the kind of guy you get and develop over time. Go to max preps and his stats are nuts. Plays in a good Georgia division and had 21 sacks last year from NT position. This kid could really blow up now that people will start looking at him. Great find by the staff
Go, Manny, go!! Keep it rolling. OFC

No loss for Duke. Could not be depended upon when needed. Glad he found another spot. OFC
Kind of a harsh take but that's being a college athlete. He was great for us on kickoffs last year and that is what Georgia will use him for. He is from there and so good home coming for him. Hopefully one of our kickers develops a stronger leg and can do the kickoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
Todd Pulino's distance was increasing and will continue doing so. Now they have another kid coming in who is looks to be similar to Todd--looks 14 yrs old and hopefully will get stronger as he matures.

Kind of a harsh take but that's being a college athlete. He was great for us on kickoffs last year and that is what Georgia will use him for. He is from there and good home on ng for him. Hopefully one of our kickers develops a stronger leg and can do the kickoffs.
Yes surf, Charlie consistently put ball in end zone, keeping returns from being worrisome. Problem (as DI was referencing I am sure), was inconsistency on FGs.

OFC

His official Rivals posting says 6’1’’ and 170 lbs, but hopefully he has grown since that was listed, and he still has some growth left.

Yeah that was his 247 height and weight so let's hope they are more accurate. Rivals measures at a camp and then never change. If you look at his high school tape not the strongest arm but lightning quick runner. If he doesn't pan out as a QB he might end up at the wr spot.

Yeah that was his 247 height and weight so let's hope they are more accurate. Rivals measures at a camp and then never change. If you look at his high school tape not the strongest arm but lightning quick runner. If he doesn't pan out as a QB he might end up at the wr spot.

Duke has a pretty good recent history of switching QB's to WR.

so look for things to get busy soon. portal is opening so look for some players to leave and 5-10 kids to hopefully come in. we really need several oline guys especially tackles
It's quite jarring to watch a practice and see the second-team offense playing without an OL.

Thanks Conor! Always nice to get a report from spring practice.
Have several other stories to get to from Saturday and I'm headed back out there tomorrow morning.

Some of them will be free like the one this morning; others will be paywalled, as I continue to search for the balance of that.

So first out. S DaQuan Johnson has entered the portal. Solid freshman year with 61 tackles but kinda disappeared last year and evidently did not get back into the rotation this spring. I wish him well

Reactions: LetsGoDuke83
I have to believe that Henry was on the outside looking in even before Spring practice - still being less than fully-healed has to have made it extraordinarily unlikely he’s really in the mix to start. But I could live with him as our 3rd string. Query whether he could.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT