ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

Also I don't support the "ban" constipatedcritic talk. I find his diatribes kinda funny and look forward to his bad takes. Kinda like Tim Allen in last man standing on TV. Half of the entertainment of that show is his take on politics. Just makes me laugh.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: hart2chesson
Also just in a small response to constapatedcritic. Duke women's golf has won 7 national titles and women's tennis also has 1 natty so your comment that we have 0 in women's sports is a little off. Also UNC only has 45 team natties of which the women sports account for 31 of the title's. Yes Carolina has been really good in women's sports with women's soccer being one the most successful teams in NCAA history and far and away their best sports team. Guess they are a women's school and that has been going on for over 30 years so I don't blame Nina for all this. Sorry
Slam Dunk on "constipatedcritic" aka MayoMack,aka TarholeTroll.

OFC

Not a surprise about Bourdon. I have this prejudice for offensive linemen that perhaps the Duke degree would mean something to him but money and packed stadiums talk.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I'm just going to leave this here
Cracking Up Lol GIF

I see Emmett Smith's son is leaving Stanford but signing with A & M. I wonder if he gave Duke a look. Wasn't his sister a cheerleader at Duke? I recall seeing Emmett sightings at Duke games.

So while watching the Michigan game tonight I went to their roster to look at dline sizes. They only list as dl so no position info but their weights started at 277 and went all the way to 330. Their de guys out weigh ours by 40-50 lbs. Jesus they are huge.

Reactions: smashmouth5
So while watching the Michigan game tonight I went to their roster to look at dline sizes. They only list as dl so no position info but their weights started at 277 and went all the way to 330. Their de guys out weigh ours by 40-50 lbs. Jesus they are huge.
There defense was incredible, didn’t allow anyone to score over 25 points this year

And their defensive backs are almost as big as our linebackers!

But I don't see Duke competing for the same guys as the Michigans and Alabamas of the world. I think our goal is the next step down, the mid tier SEC or Big Ten teams. Get a good sprinkling of 4 star recruits and coach them all up along with athletic 3 stars. I firmly believe we can be a top 25 team and still maintain our standards and avoid cheating and scandals.

And their defensive backs are almost as big as our linebackers!

But I don't see Duke competing for the same guys as the Michigans and Alabamas of the world. I think our goal is the next step down, the mid tier SEC or Big Ten teams. Get a good sprinkling of 4 star recruits and coach them all up along with athletic 3 stars. I firmly believe we can be a top 25 team and still maintain our standards and avoid cheating and scandals.
^^^This. IMHO I believe Duke can be a perennial T25 team. Give or take a year outside the T25 or inside the T10. There's NO reason they can't compete year in, year out.

This past year is a great example of that. Duke was 4th and 16 away from knocking on the T10 door and Leonard doesn't get hurt. (If Elmo would've played the pressure D that he had been playing the entire F'n game.) Sorry for the mini rant, still PO'd about that one.

I couldn't believe how much holding onto jerseys Michigan got away with. They finally got called when they not only held but grabbed the guy. Yet, Washington gets called for a very quick hold on pass blocking even though the lineman let go almost immediately.

Didn't affect the ultimate outcome though I guess.

I feel like this is a much more experienced group of coaches than Elko had.

Off topic: Does Sabin's retirement affect Duke at all? I don't see how, unless Dabo gets the job and that weakens Clemson for the duration of the time Clemson remains in the ACC.

I feel like this is a much more experienced group of coaches than Elko had.

Off topic: Does Sabin's retirement affect Duke at all? I don't see how, unless Dabo gets the job and that weakens Clemson for the duration of the time Clemson remains in the ACC.
Sounds like the Oregon coach is the top choice, I really don’t think Dabo is very attractive right now. Just imo

This is big big news! Stinson was a leader in the defensive backfield. He is opportunistic and a tough little guy.

So we lost two valuable pieces, Johnson and Peebles, and got everyone else back. Not bad. Now if Diaz can bring in a few linemen and maybe a receiver, we'll be in good position to be as good as we were at the beginning of last season, which was very good indeed.

This is big big news! Stinson was a leader in the defensive backfield. He is opportunistic and a tough little guy.

So we lost two valuable pieces, Johnson and Peebles, and got everyone else back. Not bad. Now if Diaz can bring in a few linemen and maybe a receiver, we'll be in good position to be as good as we were at the beginning of last season, which was very good indeed.
Stinson's return means volumes, both from a talent and leadership perspective! Truly wasn't expecting this!!

OFC

I like the lb Ozzie pick up. First team all ivy and an fcs all American. Maybe another 5-10 lbs hart but the trend is for speed over bulk these days for lb so we will see. Also being an ivy Leaguer he won't be here till summer. Was rated as an 88 transfer portal grade and as of now is a top 20 lb in portal.

Also huge we picked up a dline commit tonight from Kendy Charles, a really good player from Liberty. 6'1" and 280lbs. He is rated a 90 in the portal and as of now is in the top 15 dline prospects.

Also just to fyi you our QB transfer from Texas Murphy is the #4 rated QB in the portal as of now and has a transfer grade of 93.

Manny doing some good work.

Now we need 4-5 OLINE guys to come in

Last edited:
I like the lb Ozzie pick up. First team all ivy and an fcs all American. Maybe another 5-10 lbs hart but the trend is for speed over bulk these days for lb so we will see. Also being an ivy Leaguer he won't be here till summer. Was rated as an 88 transfer portal grade and as of now is a top 20 lb in portal.

Also huge we picked up a dline commit tonight from Kendy Charles, a really good player from Liberty. 6'3" and 280lbs. He is rated a 90 in the portal and as of now is in the top 15 dline prospects.

Also just to fyi you our QB transfer from Texas Murphy is the #4 rated QB in the portal as of now and has a transfer grade of 93.

Manny doing some good work.

Now we need 4-5 OLINE guys to come in
VERY solid work surf!! Thanks for the intel. Yes, very excited about these two defensive guys, and need some O-LINE strength!!

OFC

Surf, I don't know where you get your information from, but I am surely grateful!

I have always been a diehard Duke basketball fan but for the past 2 years I see myself more interested in Duke football. I love it!
When I was young I was a Duke football first of all. Now I am a diehard fan of every sport Duke plays!! GO DUKE!!

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT