ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

Sad Lilo And Stitch GIF

Diaz firing Duke's DC Santucci who works well with the players/recruits and had the 20th best scoring defense to bring in the Texas STATE DC patke who has the 116th scoring defense out of 130. Even Duke's CO-DC Hemphill who was Wake Forest DC for 3 seasons and was FCS DC of the year would be much better than 116th in nation at tx STATE DC Patke. Especially considering a real coach Bob Chesney who's turned around and won championships at his last 3 schools who was hired by a real AD that has JMU ranked in football and mens basketball just hired Hemphill to be DC of JMU, Duke fans who like winning and merit should switch to JMU Dukes fans.

Firing Duke's OC with 10 years experience to bring in someone with zero OC or playcalling experience as a lowly position coach from a minor league.

Spending all Duke's nil money on mediocre qb Maalik who quits on his national championship playoff team and runs for -18 yards per carry and throws for bad 6.7 yards per pass, 3 INT and 3 TD, despite FAR better teammates playing vastly inferior opponents, still managed to go to OT against a badly outmatched team. Maalik should be 3rd string at Duke but Duke's other 2 better qbs may transfer since he was probably promised the starting job.

Great job, now which other great Duke coaches and players will Diaz get rid of next, and which terrible coaches and players that nobody else wants will he overpay and bring in next?
Who is this damn clown???

OFC

Now we know why Duke fans are the way they are, celebrating all Duke/nina's bad decisions, and why that led to Duke football being the biggest joke in all of sports. Its not all Duke fans, its only the tiny minority that's allowed to post on the internet. Decades ago, before the internet, Coach K blew a gasket when Duke's student paper graded players and didnt give everyone As and it worked, they started posting only glowing articles about Duke athletics. When fan messageboards were created, Duke administration pushed DBR and others to censor any critical posts and ban posters unless they agreed 100% with the terrible decisions they made, like letting Carl Franks go 0-22 then giving him 2 more years of zero acc wins, then actually having an even worse coach Roof replace him. This is why we have the same few fans on the same few boards posting thousands of times all agreeing with each other and Nina/duke. Contrast that with say ohio st or unc or any other successful athletics program's boards, they actually have busy uncensored boards and want mack gone because he can't finish ranked despite top 15 recruits and best qbs in program history like drake, howell, trubisky. That's how NORMAL fans, especially of winners, act, its called accountability and pushes admins to win and do the right thing instead of the carl franks, ted roof, kara lawson duke thing. Zero chance unc or wake forest fans/admin would have let elko go if he coached there. That's why unc has won 76 national titles and Duke has zero alltime in womens team sports even though that should be reversed. How duke's terrible coaches persuade rich smart white northeastern lacrosse, tennis, field hockey, etc., recruits from expensive prestigious private schools to turn down a free prestigious duke degree to get a worthless degree hanging with 95% rednecks from a state they would never consider driving through let alone visiting is beyond me. But it all makes sense because with duke's internet "fans" being the way they are, duke is incentivized to passively keep terrible coaches and never pay to keep great coaches.

I only started posting this month to suggest great Duke HC candidates when i noticed every single one of the 10 or so reported candidates sucked, but since nina/diaz/duke destroyed duke football, i have better things to do than post thousands of times about a terrible losing program and school and fanbase that wants to lose and join patriot league. But for now its still fun to point out the hypocrisy of celebrating Duke's bowl win without mentioning all those coaches were fired this month and the slobbering devotion to trooper/nina while acc coy elko is the worst, etc.

Last edited:
Elko left because duke refused to pay the ACC coach of the year an average acc salary [while paying scheyer nick saban money 10m/yr even though he will never consider leaving, and apparently funneling the extra millions from smu/cal/stanford into the megayachts for nina and vincent fund], but elko's the bad guy and duke should get rid of anyone who even aspires to be average or better according to the "real" duke football fans. Wake Forest definitely wouldnt do the same because they paid big to keep acc champ grobe and clawson when VT and others wanted them and even liberty, tulane, houston, etc., were paying more than duke at 4-5m/yr plus when they make zero ticket or tv or league money. So do you all agree duke is the worst managed acc or power conf football program? If not who's worse?

Weren't Duke fans posting about how important it was for Duke to be good at football so they can be in a 100m/yr league instead of a zero dollar league until the day duke refused to pay acc coy elko an average acc salary, what happened to that discussion, especially now that fsu is blowing up the acc?

Diaz firing Duke's associate HC for defense and DL coach Jess Simpson whose unit had 22 sacks in 2023, he was promoted from co-DC last season and won 7 state championships as HC in GA winning over 93%, was DL coach for NFL Falcons and UMiami, and recently offered by TXAM, Florida, and others. Diaz is doing a great job getting rid of any great coaches from last season, wouldn't want Nina to realize that any of them would be better than he is at being HC.

Trooper gone too, of course he left weeks ago but Nina/Duke and their sycophants kept it quiet so she could let midnight trooper be HC for the bowl over much more qualified and loyal higher ranking assistants like Johns, Santucci, Hemphill, Simpson, who actually wanted to be at Duke. Love the mental gymnastics of Duke fans falling all over themselves to slurp on trooper who never should have been interim HC when he left weeks ago for cash just like elko who actually did things to elevate Duke and left the program with tons of great coaches who Nina and Diaz got rid of.

Nina doing a great job so far, since Riley was a top 5 NFL QB before the injury and only one of those returning to ncaa he could have won the Heisman and led Duke to ACC and national titles, now all Duke has is the 68th best talent out of 68 power 4 teams and possibly multiple zero win seasons in a row, which Duke fans oddly demand and hunger for, it's been too long. Strangest fanbase I've ever seen. Nina and Duke's passive loser mentality is also why they'll end up like stanford/cal, refusing to spend a dime on any coaches that matter, making zero dollars from conference and irrelevant in all sports.
This guy again. I can feel the positivity oozing from him.

Now we know why Duke fans are the way they are, celebrating all Duke/nina's bad decisions, and why that led to Duke football being the biggest joke in all of sports. ……..

But for now its still fun to point out the hypocrisy of celebrating Duke's bowl win without mentioning all those coaches were fired this month and the slobbering devotion to trooper/nina while acc coy elko is the worst, etc.
This troll needs to be banned.

It didnt matter if elko stayed if Duke had kept his assistants and replaced the few who left with great recruiters, the staff would be even better and maybe cheaper too. According to all the real journalists elko was very conflicted and left the jet waiting hours which is why he left at like 2am, which makes sense because everyone including elko knows he'll get fired by TXAM before his 6 years is up, which only guarantees him 31.5m, while he would have been guaranteed 20+ years at Duke or as long as he wanted with FAR more money even at Duke's paltry salary. TXAM aint keeping the 68th recruiting class guy when they burned 80 million to fire the #1 recruiting class guy who won a national title because he only won 8 games, and elko knew full well he could have won acc and national titles with heisman frontrunner riley. But then it didnt make sense for Mendenhall to leave Nina's bff Carla and uva while saying he wasnt retiring and open to any and all job offers immediately when he had a job making millions at a prestigious flagship state university [and is now stuck working for new mexico]. And it didnt make sense for Goestenkors to leave all that she had built up at Duke to roll the dice at texas for the same 1m/yr duke was offering. Until you realize that all 3 must have had very bad relationships with their ADs. Goestenkors/Alleva's bad blood is well documented. Apparently Carla was telling mendenhall he needed to get rid of certain assistants and hire more minorities, and the whitest guy on earth didnt like that. And now we see that the only elko coaches left are 2 black assistants both having zero coordinator or hc experience [just like trooper] while the 4 fired coaches are all white with extremely successful coordinator or even HC experience, and its beginning to become apparent why elko was willing to commit career suicide to get the hell away from nina, and why nina/duke was perfectly fine with letting him go. nina did after all try to hire the disastrous tony elliott, marcus freeman, tommy amaker, kara lawson, etc., and will tell anyone who listens how important it is to have more black ADs and coaches, winnning's not so important. So this is where we are now, stanford, vandy, northwestern had to go through this, uva and notre dame has to go through this, and duke will have to go through this era when winning childish GAMES must take a back seat to real meaningful progress for years or decades to come.

Last edited:
No I agree with the vast majority of humans/americans including every minority group and supreme court and us govt EEOC and even harvard alums that people should be hired or admitted based on qualifications, do you have an issue with that? I even prefer henry belin and hs junior rich belin's 12.5ypa and 9.5ypr to riley and loftis based on qualifications, while most duke fans seem to prefer the proven bad 6ypa 1ypr loftis to 9ypa 3.5ypr belin for some suspicious reason.

Should Duke refuse to pay average ACC salary again if it ever gets another ACC COY? Would you prefer Duke be frontrunners for heisman, acc, and national titles next season, or multiple winless seasons in a row? Prefer Duke be in a 100m/yr league or zero dollars? Or Duke be in a 100m/yr league of 8-10 of its closest rivals? It's incredible how duke fans will do anything to ignore the real issues.

Last edited:
I am still stunned at the showing of FSU yesterday. First, that the players had so little regard for representing the school that they bailed on the game. Second, that the coaching staff, who was so upset about being denied the playoffs, didn't have enough control over their players to get them to play, and to play hard, against a really good Georgia team, one that had its own claim of being the best in the country.

I can only figure that FSU knew it could not compete with Georgia, felt that it had more to lose by trying to win and losing be 3 TDs than pretending they didn't care, and therefore took the coward's way out.

I have no respect for the school. Now I have no respect for the football program. If it were not against Duke's interests to see FSU leave, I would be all in favor of letting them go.

wr coach zohn burden staying
de coach harland bower staying
dt/st coach is gabe infanti from penn st
s coach is rick lyster from penn st
rb coach is willie simmons fla a&m

previous announcements
qb/oc jonathan brewer from smu
te justin watts from appy
lb/dc johmathan patke from texas state

still need cb coach

Last edited:
I am still stunned at the showing of FSU yesterday. First, that the players had so little regard for representing the school that they bailed on the game. Second, that the coaching staff, who was so upset about being denied the playoffs, didn't have enough control over their players to get them to play, and to play hard, against a really good Georgia team, one that had its own claim of being the best in the country.

I can only figure that FSU knew it could not compete with Georgia, felt that it had more to lose by trying to win and losing be 3 TDs than pretending they didn't care, and therefore took the coward's way out.

I have no respect for the school. Now I have no respect for the football program. If it were not against Duke's interests to see FSU leave, I would be all in favor of letting them go.
Would not have bothered me if Georgia had scored 100 on them. A chance for a team to go undefeated and just gave up

wr coach zohn burden staying
de coach harland bower staying
dt coach is gabe infanti from penn st
s coach is rick lyster from penn st

previous announcements
qb/oc jonathan brewer from smu
te justin watts from appy
lb/dc johmathan patke from texas state

still need rb, cb and st coaches
FAMU really trying to keep HC Willie Simmons(Manny's choice for RB's coach), as donors are actively raising $$.

OFC

so to just FYI you guys there have also a bunch of hires for the ''behind'' the scenes staff as well. elmo did help duke into the modern era by showing them how much more support staff was needed. he basically tripled the inhouse staff that cut had and it really showed the support that a good football school needs to have.
I can understand for sure surf. Cut had fallen into the dark ages in a number of areas. He seemed like a caretaker of the program, more than a coach the last couple years.

Elmo did bring energy, unfortunately offset by a lack of integrity. Cut did have character.

OFC

Also just in a small response to constapatedcritic. Duke women's golf has won 7 national titles and women's tennis also has 1 natty so your comment that we have 0 in women's sports is a little off. Also UNC only has 45 team natties of which the women sports account for 31 of the title's. Yes Carolina has been really good in women's sports with women's soccer being one the most successful teams in NCAA history and far and away their best sports team. Guess they are a women's school and that has been going on for over 30 years so I don't blame Nina for all this. Sorry

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT