ADVERTISEMENT

Duke @ Florida State

84-73 Duke.

giphy.gif

I think these boys come out with sorta of a chip on their shoulder and put FSU away. It's something different about this team. If they attack instead of settle for long three's, lookout. I got Duke by at least 10. I think our early season test will play a huge factor. Let's Go Duke!!!!

I think we come out with something to prove and take care of business.
I harpen back to the UK game, our team went into that game with an us against the world motto. Apparently people in the arena could hear the Duke players screaming from the tunnel things like “we live for this, keep booing us” “keep firing us up” etc.

Play our usual defense. Stay out of foul trouble. Shoot over 30% from 3. After a tight first half we build an 8-12 point lead to open the second half, maintain it thru the rest of the game, and we win by 10. 84 to 74.

I want to see Zion with touches in the paint in the half court please.

Let’s go Duke!

Reactions: retiredsoldier
5th game against top 15 opponents,all away from Cameron.Gee,i thought we only played cream puff's.....
Exactly!!! These boys have been tested that's for sure. I see analyst talking about the problems FSU can cause, hell FSU is about to see the definition of a problem. Duke with their defense is the truth. I'm definitely biased, but FSU will need more than a rowdy crowd to beat Duke.

With our recent history on the road against solid teams, everyone is skeptical. Big test tomorrow. It will be the loudest arena our guys have been in.
No offense to anyone, but this is our first true road game.

Hope we make a good statement.

With our recent history on the road against solid teams, everyone is skeptical. Big test tomorrow. It will be the loudest arena our guys have been in.

I think Indy against KY was the loudest until about 5 min into the game when the oh sh** factor kicked in.

Dukes got 99 problems and FSU ain’t one of them. Not worried one bit after watching them. I’m already looking ahead to UVA:D. Dukes got 99 problems and they’re every one of them! Haha

Dukes got 99 problems and FSU ain’t one of them. Not worried one bit after watching them. I’m already looking ahead to UVA:D. Dukes got 99 problems and they’re every one of them! Haha

I think this Duke team should be very worried about Florida State, especially at their place. The Noles are big and athletic. If we do not shoot the ball well and stay out of foul trouble this will be a difficult game to win.

Not worried about this game or this team. Our D not only keeps us in games when we're not shooting well but it directly leads to our best offense. And Florida State has looked very ordinary this year.

I'll save my worry for the next game, against UVA.

I think this Duke team should be very worried about Florida State, especially at their place. The Noles are big and athletic. If we do not shoot the ball well and stay out of foul trouble this will be a difficult game to win.
“They” should, correct. :)

I’m always worried when we play Florida state. It seems like they always get up for us especially when it’s at their place

Reactions: retiredsoldier
If we're to win, Duke has to make some shots outside the paint. If Cam gets it going that could certainly get us over the hump.

OFC

Reactions: Quavarius
I’m not worried about this game. I’m pretty excited for it because i think our guys like the big stage and the opportunity to overcome a big time challenge. This will be a first for them and for that I’m excited to see how they respond. We could lose, but it will be with us going down swinging. I think it’ll be a close tough game for the duration and i hope we close it out.

I'm thinking that this is the game we have been waiting for. It's the game where Cam breaks out of his slump and comes out smoking hot. If this truly does happen, I am to worried about FSU. With our smothering defense and Zion this is our game. We can make the rest of the ACC pay attention
OFC

I’m always worried when we play Florida state. It seems like they always get up for us especially when it’s at their place
Yeah they do, but it's been a long time since Duke rolled in with a nasty defense to go with the offensive. They haven't seen a duke team like this in a long time just as we haven't. It should be a dandy for a little while lol.

The only thing I see being an issue is...FSU is maybe the only team in the country that can match our athleticism. Plus they go 10-12 guys deep, and tomorrow's game is gonna be a very fast-paced up and down game.

The key for us is gonna be turning FSU over, I think if we turn them over 15+ times, we will cruise. If FSU does a good job of taking care of the ball (they DO turn the ball over a lot btw) than I think it's gonna go down to the wire.

On top of this being our 5th game against top 15 opponents, it’s also our 6th game overall against top 25 opponents. At one point After we’d played our 4th ranked opponent they were talking about how at the time no one else had played more than 3 ranked opponents and I imagine that at this point Duke has still played more ranked opponents than any other team.

On top of this being our 5th game against top 15 opponents, it’s also our 6th game overall against top 25 opponents. At one point After we’d played our 4th ranked opponent they were talking about how at the time no one else had played more than 3 ranked opponents and I imagine that at this point Duke has still played more ranked opponents than any other team.
UVA and Duke each play 4 road ACC games against kenpom top 20 teams. UNC only plays 2 this year.

I hope we deal them an embarassing loss in Cameron. Anyone got a ticket for me? Will trade premium scotch.

I am certainly worried about FSU because the game is at FSU. How can anyone not be worried to some degree. We can shoot the lights out and play great or shoot poorly as everyone knows. If we shoot poorly we better turn FSU over, upside down and inside out which I think we will. I feel much better about our D verses our shooting.

Last edited:

Generally I agree w/you. The Wake game was fairly nearby for our fans and we had nice representation for the game down west I-40,85...
Tomorrow will be a stark difference. You may find a few Duke fans, maybe I could count on one hand. I am sure the boys at ESPUNC are primed for us to get beat, and then spit highlights of it all day long....

OFC

FSU is older, they play physical, are at home and this is their biggest game of the entire regular season. They're going to be beyond ready to play tomorrow. If Duke doesn't play well they're likely going to lose.

What is the spread? I haven't even checked yet.

I’m watching for it. I’m expecting Duke to be -4 to -6. I’ll be giddy if it’s double digits, worried if it’s less than 4.

No line yet but my guess is Duke will be favored by 8.5
We are 11-3 against the spread, plus the public has been backing this Duke team, Vegas is tired of getting killed by Duke covering.

No line yet but my guess is Duke will be favored by 8.5
We are 11-3 against the spread, plus the public has been backing this Duke team, Vegas is tired of getting killed by Duke covering.
Espn has that win% thing at 73% Duke. I expect to be 6 pt favorites or better. It’s nuts to be favored at all in this situation.

Espn has that win% thing at 73% Duke. I expect to be 6 pt favorites or better. It’s nuts to be favored at all in this situation.
Agreed. I am more worried about tomorrow than I would be against UVA in Cameron next Sat. Even though the line tomorrow will be more than next Sat.

I’m seeing the offshore line is Duke -8. That is a gigantic line for a conference road game where both teams are ranked. If a similar line pops up shortly I’ll be very excited.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT