ADVERTISEMENT

Down goes KY

Cal always refuses to call a TO in those end game situations. So what you get is a young kid with the game on the line with no awareness and/or no urgency, no plan executed, and a terrible last second three when you're only down one point.

Reactions: jrtplaya
Yea we haven’t heard from that ass blown wall2boogie in forever. I miss him.
I believe he got banned. I seen him make posts on the national board talking about being banned and trying to get Duke posters to get our mods to unban him.

The meltdown at RR is intoxicating, after a while I started smelling the stinch of losing and had to come back to where the winners hang.
Yeah T, you can only stay for about 5 min max before something physically starts happening to you and you can smell it. I've heard urban legends of guys that stayed longer, and their teams play just went to hell.

Reactions: HonkeyT
I sort of don't get why we've been having so many ky threads recently. Seems like we discuss KY more than UNC and then claim they're not a rival.

I sort of don't get why we've been having so many ky threads recently. Seems like we discuss KY more than UNC and then claim they're not a rival.
Well since I started this one, I'll respond. I'm a life long Duke fan, but also a fan of college basketball period. And when one of the big name, always in the spot light teams loose, well people talk about it. Especially when it's the cheats, flexcats, jayhawks, etc..
Now since you mentioned why we've been having so many Ky threads recently, I went back three full pages and only saw one other thread started with IU>>ky. Now if you're talking about Ky being mentioned in other threads, I can say it may have something to do with them running their mouth here and Duke fans responding back. Forgive me if there is a board rule that somehow states we must talk about one team more than another. I admit, I read more years than I've posted which is less than a year now and haven't read all the board rules, if any exist.

Any time uk, Kansas, unc, or any other high profile team loses, especially one with a fanbase like ky's, of COURSE we are going to discuss it. We don't constantly have 5 or 6 threads about them at any given time like they do us, but it's a basketball board. Of course we are going to talk about it when they lose.

Regardless of who you’re rooting for, that was a fun game to watch. KY losing is just the icing.
I agree. That was an excellent game after the poor first half. I think both teams went like 10-12 min without scoring lol. Was just awful, but the second half was great. That miles guy was lighting it up from deep. PJ had a great game minus the flexing lol.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
I just watched New Mexico St take Kansas to the wire. lost by 3 with a chance to tie with possession, but messed it up.

Anybody watching UCLA-ND?
They are talking about Duke, and every comment the other guy makes, Walton tries to make it not as big a deal as the other guy thinks it is...
Not a big deal, but he comes off like he HATES Duke and refuses to admit anything good about them. And not just Duke, anything the other guy stays, it seems like Walton is against it. He's really making himself, once again, look like as ass!!!
I really can't watch an entire game with him calling it

Reactions: FearTheBeard
Anybody watching UCLA-ND?
They are talking about Duke, and every comment the other guy makes, Walton tries to make it not as big a deal as the other guy thinks it is...
Not a big deal, but he comes off like he HATES Duke and refuses to admit anything good about them. And not just Duke, anything the other guy stays, it seems like Walton is against it. He's really making himself, once again, look like as ass!!!
I really can't watch an entire game with him calling it
Walton hates everything east of the Rockies.

I can't watch a game Walton is calling. I don't drink, but he makes me feel like I don't know who I am after listening to him. Last time I had to pull out my ID to verify myself.

I agree. That was an excellent game after the poor first half. I think both teams went like 10-12 min without scoring lol. Was just awful, but the second half was great. That miles guy was lighting it up from deep. PJ had a great game minus the flexing lol.
I only saw from the last ten mins of the 2nd half on. Sounds like I didn’t miss much.

Oh Fear, the first half was miserable. Some of the worst played basketball I think I have seen in a long time.

They are ready to crucify Cal.....the same guy that a week before their 34 point drumming from Duke, was the greatest thing in college basketball

BINGO. I can’t stand listening to that freaking guy. You want to die? Take a shot every time he says “conference of champions”

Or Everytime he disagrees with or corrects the other announcer....I had to change the channel....I can't listen to that guy. If he does one of our games, I will have to go to a sports bar to watch so that I can't hear it

Reactions: retiredsoldier
It doesn't stop!!
He just said that when east coast kids come to California, they never leave, and half of ND might defect!! LMAO!
I think it would be fun to do peyote in the desert with Walton. But only if I didn’t eat any and I left him stranded in the desert 100 miles from civilization right after he threw up.

Reactions: DukefanKY
I think it would be fun to do peyote in the desert with Walton. But only if I didn’t eat any and I left him stranded in the desert 100 miles from civilization right after he threw up.
GtUMOPI.jpg

As much as we all flicked our beans thinking about that beat down our guys delivered, it is time to be realistic about what happened in that game.
We didn't blow out a top tier team that was worthy of being ranked in the top 5. We blew out a decent team whose true ranking is likely in the low teens to mid 20s.
They have decent players. Pretty good players. But no great players. Beyond that, the pieces they have don't fit together particularly well. They have 3 nominal PGs. One is a gunner who can't shoot. The other two are more like Trevon Duval than John Wall. They are near elite athletes that can't make 3s. They don't really have but 1 true wing (who is a very good player that will be a great Robin in the L). They have a collection of bigs that are, again, good without being great. Some are good scorers that don't rebound very well, and some rebound pretty well but aren't great at scoring. They don't have a rim protector.
They have a lineup that can score the ball well enough to win the SEC. But that lineup defends like a team that flames out in the third round of the NIT. Conversely, they have a lineup that can play physical and hard nosed D, but that team couldn't drop it in the ocean from a rescue buoy .
That is why Cal looks so lost on the sidelines. It isn't that he doesn't know what to do. There is nothing to do in the short term. There is no fix on that roster, and he knows it. Given the strength of the SEC this year, he might be looking at a lost season, and one with no incoming class of stars to right the ship.
UK has fired coaches in better situations.

As much as we all flicked our beans thinking about that beat down our guys delivered, it is time to be realistic about what happened in that game.
We didn't blow out a top tier team that was worthy of being ranked in the top 5. We blew out a decent team whose true ranking is likely in the low teens to mid 20s.
They have decent players. Pretty good players. But no great players. Beyond that, the pieces they have don't fit together particularly well. They have 3 nominal PGs. One is a gunner who can't shoot. The other two are more like Trevon Duval than John Wall. They are near elite athletes that can't make 3s. They don't really have but 1 true wing (who is a very good player that will be a great Robin in the L). They have a collection of bigs that are, again, good without being great. Some are good scorers that don't rebound very well, and some rebound pretty well but aren't great at scoring. They don't have a rim protector.
They have a lineup that can score the ball well enough to win the SEC. But that lineup defends like a team that flames out in the third round of the NIT. Conversely, they have a lineup that can play physical and hard nosed D, but that team couldn't drop it in the ocean from a rescue buoy .
That is why Cal looks so lost on the sidelines. It isn't that he doesn't know what to do. There is nothing to do in the short term. There is no fix on that roster, and he knows it. Given the strength of the SEC this year, he might be looking at a lost season, and one with no incoming class of stars to right the ship.

Agree 100% with the second paragraph......far from a great team

The win against KY was less about beating a mediocre team and more about collectively making their fans suffer through the next best thing to Laettner’s shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT