ADVERTISEMENT

Down goes KY

The win against KY was less about beating a mediocre team and more about collectively making their fans suffer through the next best thing to Laettner’s shot.

Fair enough. But it also means that Duke isn't quite as good as we thought. We are obviously very, very, good. But UK was a paper tiger. Their ranking was based purely on baseless pre-season speculation. Now that we've seen a few games, we have to realize that the UK team just isn't that good and wasn't the number 2 team in the nation. A legit ranking for UK is really in the low 20s, if that. In essence we beat an unranked team that night.

Fair enough. But it also means that Duke isn't quite as good as we thought. We are obviously very, very, good. But UK was a paper tiger. Their ranking was based purely on baseless pre-season speculation. Now that we've seen a few games, we have to realize that the UK team just isn't that good and wasn't the number 2 team in the nation. A legit ranking for UK is really in the low 20s, if that. In essence we beat an unranked team that night.

Seton Hall agrees whole heartedly!'

Well since I started this one, I'll respond. I'm a life long Duke fan, but also a fan of college basketball period. And when one of the big name, always in the spot light teams loose, well people talk about it. Especially when it's the cheats, flexcats, jayhawks, etc..
Now since you mentioned why we've been having so many Ky threads recently, I went back three full pages and only saw one other thread started with IU>>ky. Now if you're talking about Ky being mentioned in other threads, I can say it may have something to do with them running their mouth here and Duke fans responding back. Forgive me if there is a board rule that somehow states we must talk about one team more than another. I admit, I read more years than I've posted which is less than a year now and haven't read all the board rules, if any exist.
I didn't mention anything about breaking board rules or that there should even be a rule regarding the thread(s)/discussions of other teams. My point was more about how we seem to revel any misfortune regarding KY (and being born and raised there, trust me when I say I do too) while at the same time act like we don't care about their program. I didn't even say you specifically It was just a general observation. You keep doing you.

I didn't mention anything about breaking board rules or that there should even be a rule regarding the thread(s)/discussions of other teams. My point was more about how we seem to revel any misfortune regarding KY (and being born and raised there, trust me when I say I do too) while at the same time act like we don't care about their program. I didn't even say you specifically It was just a general observation. You keep doing you.
I get it, but again the mention of several threads wasn't true. But anywho, I lived in that state for a total of 7 years while being stationed at Ft. Campbell. Then after I retired and lived in Clarksville, Tn while working in Hopkinsville, Ky for about 2 years. I can be the first to tell you I could care less about Ky as a school, but as a fan base, hell yeah I care just enough that every time those ass clowns loose, or run over to Dukes board talking crap, I'm giving it right back.
Done the same in person when I lived there. Look, to each it's own. For me it's not about their program, it's about their self entitled fan base. Any misery they get should be spread around the basketball community. Trust me, if you venture to other teams messages boards, they all talk generally about the same things. When you look at their boards, there will be anywhere from 5-8 different Duke threads. Here we usually have one. Doesn't mean we care about their program. I think it's more of loving anything negative that comes to that fan base.

Yeah, Kansas is pretty good.
Kansas has played like crap the last few games even before injuries. They had to come back late against New Mexico St last night and won by 3. Not impressed with them at all right now. Watch them their last 3 games.

Down goes the ZAGS!

Big win by Tennessee. I think there’s some Hot Taking happening in saying they’re going to win the National title or at least be a favorite to be considered for the Final Four. They’re not a great shooting or rebounding team. They do defend pretty well and they hit their inside shots. And they play hard and scrappy.

Regardless, down goes the unstoppable Zags. I love it. Now they need to regroup and beat the Cheats.

Lol. Whatever you say dude!

He's correct. SH isn't a "bad" team. But neither is it a good team. A team with national title asperations should be able to handle them. UK isn't a bad team, but they are nowhere near title worthy. And there is no help on the horizon, so they are on the cusp of an existential crises.

Reactions: skysdad
He's correct. SH isn't a "bad" team. But neither is it a good team. A team with national title asperations should be able to handle them. UK isn't a bad team, but they are nowhere near title worthy. And there is no help on the horizon, so they are on the cusp of an existential crises.
I wouldn’t call Seton Hall terrible, but they aren’t a good team for the reasons you stated. A team like uk should have been able to handle them with ease, but your right uk is not a good team, but I think the majority of uk fans are telling themselves Seton Hall isn’t a bad team so they don’t have to face the fact that their team was way overrated.

Reactions: QC Dukie

Blasphemy!!!! UK is clearly a #1 seed in the NIT!!!! The NCAA is always trying to stick it to BBN, the gull of the NCAA!!!!

I see what you're saying about Seton Hall not being a good team, but when you're a blue blood you're going to get everybody's best shot. See Boston College last year. Sometimes it's hard to keep young players focused for lesser opponents. That said, UK still sucks!

Seton Hall is a NIT team, they are #56 in Ken Pom rankings. Generally the top 40 or so teams make the NCAA tourney, because of automatic bids taking the remaining spots.
Barring a massive turnaround, Seton Hall will only be in the big dance if they win the Big East tournament.

Reactions: QC Dukie
Seton Hall is a NIT team, they are #56 in Ken Pom rankings. Generally the top 40 or so teams make the NCAA tourney, because of automatic bids taking the remaining spots.
Barring a massive turnaround, Seton Hall will only be in the big dance if they win the Big East tournament.
Thank you

Reactions: jwill133
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT