ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Daniel Jones! 6th pick in the draft!

So I'm a Giants fan that really likes Eli. There are few teams that have a 2-time Superbowl MVP on the roster. However, as a Giants fan, I'm not thrilled with the pick. I would have loved to get the linebacker from LSU, but Allen would have been a great pick there. That said, I'll be cheering for Jones to see him do well.

As a Duke fan, I'm elated. I think this is great.

Yea its definitely a bitter sweet feeling, and so far as Eli, if he had had an OLine the last 5 years people wouldn't be bashing him so much, the poor guy barely had 2 seconds before getting hammered.

Reactions: nupe300
I wanted my Bengals to take Haskins. Personally, I would have preferred him over Jones. Regardless, we went boring like we do every year and took the guy everyone expected us too.

I hope the Bengals go 2-14 next year, all I care about is snagging Trevor Lawrence or Tua. Wake me up when Andy Dalton leaves Cincinnati.

Also.....anyone ever been to a game up in Buffalo?? The Bengals play there this season. My buddies and I plan on going, "Bills Mafia" is apparently a legendary tailgate. There are always videos of people jumping through tables, can't wait!
Bengal fan here. I would like to see us tank season after next to get Lawrence. He is going to be franchise player

Reactions: christophero
There’s already racial talk claiming that if Dwayne Haskins had put up the same numbers Jones did he wouldn’t have been drafted.....”Chris Carter”. :rolleyes:

Yeah and race baiter Stephen A Smith is fueling that BS! Suppose if it were turned around would white commentators be saying Jones got the shaft because he was WHITE? Race needs to be left out of the equation! OFC

Reactions: PixelDevil
Hey dukerules, did you see our Reds take two of three from the bravos??

It’s the “quiet before the storm” boys!!
We are gonna just hang around till all star break, and then the ghost of ‘95 is gonna terrorize MLB!!!

Cutcliffe has put 6 QB's in the NFL and there are four Super Bowl rings out of that crop. Even if they are from the Manning brothers. What has an OSU QB ever done in the NFL? Give Jones the same 5 star recruits Haskins had protecting him, to throw and hand off to and Jones could have been equally as impressive imo. The guy went from an unrated HS QB in most rankings to the number 6 pick in the draft. I just hate he went to a team that hasn't did the QB position any favors the last few years.

As a Skins fan I don't think we needed to draft a QB this year. There are plenty more holes on that offense needed to make any QB look decent. Haskins was a wasted pick I'm.

I'm a lifelong Bengal fan. I don't think they'll have to put any effort into tanking this season. It will happen naturally.

Joe Giles-Harris just signed as UDFA with the Jaguars, really wish the Giants would have offered.

As a Giants fan I am ok with the pick, but thought the pick should have come later. Even if someone took jones and you still had locke on the board if you did not like Haskins. The issue is without an o line in NY, it does not matter who the QB is and the giants did not address that issue. One offensive lineman drafted. SMH

As a Giants fan I am ok with the pick, but thought the pick should have come later. Even if someone took jones and you still had locke on the board if you did not like Haskins. The issue is without an o line in NY, it does not matter who the QB is and the giants did not address that issue. One offensive lineman drafted. SMH
100% agree, but I think they sign mike remmers soon

The coverage they gave Daniel Jones this weekend was insane! No one other than Mel Kiper stood up for Daniel. I have never seen a whole sports center or first take dedicated to trash one player. SMH

The coverage they gave Daniel Jones this weekend was insane! No one other than Mel Kiper stood up for Daniel. I have never seen a whole sports center or first take dedicated to trash one player. SMH
Yeah and now it's because of race. I'm seriously sick of everything coming down to race.

I don't pay much attention to football, college or NFL, but this has to be very exciting for the young man. I hope he knocks their socks off.

Yeah and race baiter Stephen A Smith is fueling that BS! Suppose if it were turned around would white commentators be saying Jones got the shaft because he was WHITE? Race needs to be left out of the equation! OFC
Sorry, Hart, but Stephen A is no race-baiter. And if Jones did get the shaft because he is white, Steven A would have acknowledged that fact. There are circumstances present from which some people could conclude that race may have played a role (even though I personally do not think it did). I listen and watch Stephen A frequently and find that for the vast majority of time, he is pretty objective and fair.

OFC

Sorry, Hart, but Stephen A is no race-baiter. And if Jones did get the shaft because he is white, Steven A would have acknowledged that fact. There are circumstances present from which some people could conclude that race may have played a role (even though I personally do not think it did). I listen and watch Stephen A frequently and find that for the vast majority of time, he is pretty objective and fair.

OFC

And sorry Devz I happen to disagree. I have NO USE for the man. Carry on though and keep watching him. OFC

Daniel already has experience running for his life in college. The Giants need a serious upgrade on their O line before anyone talks about what the QBs are going to do.

Stephen A. was quick on the "Bury Duke Lacrosse" bandwagon when that all happened and although he later published an article kind of questioning the entire media circus, he never really apologized for his part. Sorry to dredge up the past but that sticks with me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT