ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K in-home with 2020 and 2021 recruits

There's some chatter that we're going to offer Brakefield soon.

I like him but I don't really get why we don't seem to be prioritizing Barnes since he's said before he'd like to play with Roach and because there apparently have been at least informal discussions among Johnson, Boston, Barnes and Roach about a package deal.

I realize Barnes and Johnson are similar players, and that Johnson is most coveted, but couldn't we figure out how to make it work, particularly given Coach K's emphasis on "positionless" basketball?

Edit to add: Just read somewhere else that we may be ramping up with Cunningham.

It'll all get sorted out I suppose.

Last edited:
Hopefully Roach is recruiting those 3 to join him. Barnes and Johnson can definitely play together.

I don't think we get Barnes. But we need a monster class. As we now do every single year.

There's some chatter that we're going to offer Brakefield soon.

I like him but I don't really get why we don't seem to be prioritizing Barnes since he's said before he'd like to play with Roach and because there apparently have been at least informal discussions among Johnson, Boston, Barnes and Roach about a package deal.

I realize Barnes and Johnson are similar players, and that Johnson is most coveted, but couldn't we figure out how to make it work, particularly given Coach K's emphasis on "positionless" basketball?

Edit to add: Just read somewhere else that we may be ramping up with Cunningham.

It'll all get sorted out I suppose.

Barnes is still a priority, but Brakefield and a few of the other 4’s are coming as fall back options as Duke doesn’t have a 4 in that class at the moment and may not have one on the roster after next season (Joey May be the closest thing to it). Brakefield, Xavier Foster and Marcus Bagley are going to get some serious looks this summer. Lance Ware, PJ Hall and Noah Collier are two others who may get the Nate James look.

Cunningham is being recruited for posterity’s sake, but he’s a heavy UK lean. The dude is a straight up baller but he’s a point guard who needs the ball. Roach wants it too.

Barnes is still a priority, but Brakefield and a few of the other 4’s are coming as fall back options as Duke doesn’t have a 4 in that class at the moment and may not have one on the roster after next season (Joey May be the closest thing to it). Brakefield, Xavier Foster and Marcus Bagley are going to get some serious looks this summer. Lance Ware, PJ Hall and Noah Collier are two others who may get the Nate James look.

Cunningham is being recruited for posterity’s sake, but he’s a heavy UK lean. The dude is a straight up baller but he’s a point guard who needs the ball. Roach wants it too.
Think Kessler and or Williams will sign w Duke?

That's great info hokie... much appreciated!

Reactions: dukehokie
Might as well get greedy.
Roach and Goldwire Pg
Boston and Alex. Sg
Johnson and Baker. Sf
Barnes and Brakefield. Pf
Kessler and Williams C

Reactions: dukehokie
2019 but just heard Precious to Memphis. Maybe not having the #1 class will take some pressure off us.

For someone who has been said to be waiting until next spring to commit it seems very early to cut it to 4. Is it usual to cut it to 4 and wait almost a year to commit? Or is he closer than we think?

For someone who has been said to be waiting until next spring to commit it seems very early to cut it to 4. Is it usual to cut it to 4 and wait almost a year to commit? Or is he closer than we think?

Ever since last year a buddy of mine has been saying he’s going to Florida. Who knows

Reactions: Quavarius
Or it’s just a means to generate movement on the page during a “big” announcement. With Duke and UK as contenders, any form of attention to that recruitment is big. I’d be a little surprised if that actually planned out that way, especially considering Cade has been mentioned to be waiting around for a bit to decide.

Reactions: Quavarius
Cade is badass. But....Boston is solid gold man. I may weep if we miss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT