ADVERTISEMENT

Rest In Peace Bob Knight

youngman42

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 27, 2003
This is sad for me.

I was a sort of Duke fan from the 78 team. But what really made me a diehard fan was when Coach K went there and that was because I had so much respect for the way Knight coached basketball - man to man defense, motion offense, discipline, didn't need the best players to win.

I know Knight went haywire in many ways but I still had a fondness for him in spite of his flaws. He did a lot of good for a lot of people and players. And he was such a huge influence on our great coach who made Duke what it is today. I'm sure Coach is saddened as well. (I have faith in these kinds of things - I have my own personal views of eternal life that I won't go into).

Rest in Peace, Coach Knight. You were a legend and huge influence.

I remember reading “A Season on the Brink”, by our fellow alum, John Feinstein. It did a great job of portraying both his very compassionate and manic sides. As several have said, a very complex man. i assume Coach K will be there for the funeral, and perhaps give a eulogy. But as one of my comic friends said, there will be no chairs at the service….

I remember reading “A Season on the Brink”, by our fellow alum, John Feinstein. It did a great job of portraying both his very compassionate and manic sides. As several have said, a very complex man. i assume Coach K will be there for the funeral, and perhaps give a eulogy. But as one of my comic friends said, there will be no chairs at the service….

Read that as well when it came out. Loved it.

Bilas who wrote that he could tell when the on again off again relationship between Knight and K was good or bad - based on his friendship with Knight. If Knight said, “How is Mike doing?” He knew it was in a good place. If he said, “How’s Krzyzewski?” He knew they weren’t getting along. Knight had a temper he just could not control. But amazing coach.

Reactions: christophero
A Texas Tech reporter wrote that Knight was fired from Indiana. Knight did not answer his questions all year, and told his team to do the same. He was a character.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT