ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K in-home with 2020 and 2021 recruits

If there was ever a year for a grad transfer big man it's next year. Baker will be the only big with experience, and he's a wing.

Reactions: dukehokie
If there was ever a year for a grad transfer big man it's next year. Baker will be the only big with experience, and he's a wing.

This is my worry and makes me wonder if maybe Hurt is a 2 year guy. I would think we would have tried to get a 2-3 year Big in THIS class unless there’s another plan.

Reactions: christophero
Hurt being a 2 year guy would make next year, um, hurt less. He's got the skills but not the strength. Unless he's a bust he'll be in the first round.

This is my worry and makes me wonder if maybe Hurt is a 2 year guy. I would think we would have tried to get a 2-3 year Big in THIS class unless there’s another plan.
This is why i thought it was critical to have Ques anchor the 5. I just don’t think Hurt has the strength for either the 4 or 5 for long stretches at this level. In a few years, sure. Not now. And if they’re the only two big guys we have (he and Vern) we are in serious trouble.

Agreed. We don't appear to be recruiting any more big guys for this year. Maybe the staff know something? Jack and Justin and Joey should be hitting the weight room.

Wonder if Johnson or Kessler would reclassify if God forbid Javin and Bolden stay in the draft. I know it's not probable that neither comes back but it is possible.

Glad to see the resilence of K right back on recruiting trail after a tough week. You cannot keep the G.O.A.T down! OFC

Reactions: topps coach
This is why i thought it was critical to have Ques anchor the 5. I just don’t think Hurt has the strength for either the 4 or 5 for long stretches at this level. In a few years, sure. Not now. And if they’re the only two big guys we have (he and Vern) we are in serious trouble.

Serious trouble? Maybe. But there’s not enough great bigs out there in the college landscape that make me feel like we’ll get rocked like we were against Kansas in the Elite Eight for instance. Rim protection we may be able to fake with Carey, Hurt, Jav and Jack if Bolden leaves.

I smell a pod topic!!

Serious trouble? Maybe. But there’s not enough great bigs out there in the college landscape that make me feel like we’ll get rocked like we were against Kansas in the Elite Eight for instance. Rim protection we may be able to fake with Carey, Hurt, Jav and Jack if Bolden leaves.

I smell a pod topic!!

I am so glad to see you guys go point-counterpoint on the board!!!! Its a GOOD THING!!! OFC

I smell a pod topic!!
Happy to discuss OTPC. Until then, yes serious trouble. What happens if Carey gets in foul trouble or and we essentially have to run freshman singler down low? Do you feel comfortable with Jack white in long stretches guarding the 5?

Happy to discuss OTPC. Until then, yes serious trouble. What happens if Carey gets in foul trouble or and we essentially have to run freshman singler down low? Do you feel comfortable with Jack white in long stretches guarding the 5?

For a few stretches in a game where we’re probably close, yeah I can handle that. Hurt for small stretches will probably serviceable. I’d rather have him there than the 3. :D

No one's a bigger Jack fan than me but if he's guarding the 5 in a Sweet 16 or EE game we're going home. And if he's starting due to injury we're not even getting that far. we need Javin back.

See you on the OTPC

tenor.gif

Alphabetical order, but look whose holding the ball in the end..

He’s holding a ball in the Zona uni too, but his Duke profile overshadows it. Also, he’s looking directly into the camera in his Duke jersey. Hint hint, lol

I am surprised that the way Duke BB is covered and the great info that keeps us diehards up to speed on what is going on by the week or by the day not one piece of solid info on what direction K and the staff is going to use the Scolly from Boogie the guy that didn't want to compete for a starting job.

I am surprised that the way Duke BB is covered and the great info that keeps us diehards up to speed on what is going on by the week or by the day not one piece of solid info on what direction K and the staff is going to use the Scolly from Boogie the guy that didn't want to compete for a starting job.
IDK, I kind of thought they would reach out to RJ but no word on it. From what he and his dad have said, Duke basically hasn't been recruiting him the last few months and as far as I know, never gave him an offer. RJ had said that Duke was his dream school but there just does not seem to be any movement.
RJ and Jones would be a heck of a tandem but all I am reading right now is Kansas. I also am getting a little worried about getting at least one of our bigs back. IDC whether it would be Bolden or Javin, gonna need at least one of them.

Reactions: christophero
IDK, I kind of thought they would reach out to RJ but no word on it. From what he and his dad have said, Duke basically hasn't been recruiting him the last few months and as far as I know, never gave him an offer. RJ had said that Duke was his dream school but there just does not seem to be any movement.
RJ and Jones would be a heck of a tandem but all I am reading right now is Kansas. I also am getting a little worried about getting at least one of our bigs back. IDC whether it would be Bolden or Javin, gonna need at least one of them.

I trust in K so hoping to hear something positive on the last ride and then the other if one of the bigs go. Neither IMO have any business NOT coming back to school.

There doesn't seem to be enough minutes for both guys if they come back but we really need one. Then again injuries happen, but not sure if Bolden sees it that way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT