ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K in-home with 2020 and 2021 recruits

BJ Boston, Jalen Johnson and a big and that will be another dominant class.

I expect to get 5-6 guys though. Hard to analyze the landscape though given we could lose anywhere from 1-4 of our freshman, along with Tre and the seniors.

Imagine it will be Johnson, Boston, Roach, Kessler, and if they take a fifth guy, it will be someone like a Fletcher or another non 5* kid. Would allow for 2-3 of recruits from this class to be multi year players at Duke with Johnson and Boston being the only OADs.

Imagine it will be Johnson, Boston, Roach, Kessler, and if they take a fifth guy, it will be someone like a Fletcher or another non 5* kid. Would allow for 2-3 of recruits from this class to be multi year players at Duke with Johnson and Boston being the only OADs.
I agree with the 4 you named but if we can only take one more person in it’s gotta be a big man for that class. We’re gonna be LOW on big men that year if we can’t get some recruits or grad transfers.

Are we out with Johnson? Seen article on aseaofblue that says today he said Kentucky was his dream school growing up and doesn’t plan on letttjng his recruiting drag on and decide by November. That would be huge blow for us for 2020 as Johnson and Boston we’re duke leans. We need monster class as others like Uk and Unc seem on that pace.

And then hopefully we can get Stanley and Boogie back. More than likely Boogie will be back. Still on the fence about Stanley. I think Stanley has the potential to be OAD.

What about Scottie Barnes? I know we made his top 8 or whatever... do we have a legit shot at him? He's a major priority for Kentucky supposedly.

I've also read that we've been looking at Sharife Cooper. Not sure how seriously, or if it's even accurate.

Last edited:
Are we out with Johnson? Seen article on aseaofblue that says today he said Kentucky was his dream school growing up and doesn’t plan on letttjng his recruiting drag on and decide by November. That would be huge blow for us for 2020 as Johnson and Boston we’re duke leans. We need monster class as others like Uk and Unc seem on that pace.

Not based on what I've read. I think K is putting in a lot of time on this recruitment. Most of what I've read says we're in good shape with him but I'm not an insider so please take that for what it's worth.

What about Scottie Barnes? I know we made his top 8 or whatever... do we have a legit shot at him? He's a major priority for Kentucky supposedly.

I've also read that we've been looking at Sharife Cooper. Not sure how seriously, or if it's even accurate.

Personally, I think Scottie Barnes is overrated but also don’t see him ending up at Duke either way. Think he ends up at UK.

Jalen is pulling a RJ Barrett on UK. He’s the guy I’m most confident will end up at Duke. Kids wanted to play here forever.

Williams is a good offer for the long-term. In my eyes, he's a 3 year minimum guy who gives a nice presence in the middle with his size. Also kind of quick and can surprisingly handle the ball...although I'm sure no coach will want him putting it on the ground. Offense and defense is a complete project. Hard to project out big guys since they can change completely in a year. Unbelievable kid off the court too.

If he could develop a little bit of an offensive game or figure out how to use his length a little more on D, he'll get into the 5 star area. Just my thoughts.

This guy plays right down the street.

Reactions: Quavarius
Williams is a good offer for the long-term. In my eyes, he's a 3 year minimum guy who gives a nice presence in the middle with his size. Also kind of quick and can surprisingly handle the ball...although I'm sure no coach will want him putting it on the ground. Offense and defense is a complete project. Hard to project out big guys since they can change completely in a year. Unbelievable kid off the court too.

If he could develop a little bit of an offensive game or figure out how to use his length a little more on D, he'll get into the 5 star area. Just my thoughts.

Thanks man

Reactions: Friction.
Can Boston/Moore/Ellis co-exist? Just wondering.
Yeah I see Wendell Moore as a OAD at this point. His stock continues to rise, he's gonna be the closest thing to Justise Winslow we have had. I'd be shocked if he's a multi-year guy.

Boston and Ellis could co-exist, though they are similar, Boston will be a OAD and will coming to Duke to start.

Reactions: christophero
Funny thread over at Rupp. The pussy cat fans are discussing this very thread over there. Bunch of insecure cats so if you’re reading this (Rupp’s Stank Runts), Grayson Allen still has the same amount of titles as Saint Cal!

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/...n-leading-them-to-another-elite-eight.296258/

One of those losers actually said he hopes Cal will play it a little dirty on the recruiting end.

There are some pathetic human beings in that fan base.

They think they have Brandon Boston and Jalen Johnson locked up. Poor guys are setting themselves up for disappointment again. Thought they were getting Rj, Zion, and cam at one point. How’d that turn out?

They think they have Brandon Boston and Jalen Johnson locked up. Poor guys are setting themselves up for disappointment again. Thought they were getting Rj, Zion, and cam at one point. How’d that turn out?
Jalen Johnson did say a few days ago that uk was his dream school. It kind of took me back a bit, because I consider him and BJ Boston almost near locks for our next years class. I hope he was just giving lip service.

We’ll find out Boston and Johnson suck after they spurn Big Blew Nation

Reactions: tp394 and dukehokie

Reminds me a lot of Eric Boateng (in Duke terms). He has a better handle and hands than Eric ever did but he still has a ways to go. Hope he sticks it out if he does in fact come. (Probably will)

Kessler and Henry Coleman are the top targets at the moment (Coleman is leaning UVA). Post depth will be interesting to say the least next season.

Reactions: Friction.
Jalen Johnson did say a few days ago that uk was his dream school. It kind of took me back a bit, because I consider him and BJ Boston almost near locks for our next years class. I hope he was just giving lip service.
Yeah i was surprised by that too. I still think we get him tho. I mean luke kennard grew up a Uk fan so you never know

Yeah i was surprised by that too. I still think we get him tho. I mean luke kennard grew up a Uk fan so you never know
Yes Luke did grow up a uk fan, but Jalen just seemed to talk so much about uk, it took me back a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT