ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K and Giles

Great stuff, thanks for posting Dadz. K is very special, no doubt about it.

OFC

Thanks for posting Dad2ze. What an awesome read. K is special and Giles is a special talent and person. Can't wait to watch their relationship grow more.

Last edited:
I guess the back door was locked when HOF Coach Roy Williams came knocking. OFC

Reactions: Dad2ze
I was in that gym in 2012 and remember at the time thinking about K watching Harry. I was from Greensboro and had heard about Harry and wanted to see him early in that weekend and was surprised to see K in there by himself. I applauded him mentally as for 20 years almost all of these type kids matriculated to unc.
Summer of 2014 at Peach jam and I went to all of Harry's games. The one thing I noticed at every game was his rapt attention on everything Coach K, Jon and Jeff were doing, where they were sitting etc. I started thinking, we may get this kid.
This past summer I was at Harry's game in North Augusta where they had to close off the crowd. There were so many. He was a rock star. There was K center stage. And the one coach missing was Roy Willimas. He was over watching Jayson Tatum, who, one day later, would commit to Duke, as had been the buzz all week at Peach Jam.
I smiled with my buddies there. This kid wasn't going to unc. I knew then he would be coming to Duke. Great job by Coach and his staff. I hope his recovery goes better than expected. He is will be a great ambassador for Duke basketball. A lot of character guys in this class.

DMoore-next time you got something like this, maybe you could post it a little bit sooner.

DMoore-next time you got something like this, maybe you could post it a little bit sooner.
He's arguably the best story teller we have. When he posts you should listen. Guy is as good as it gets.

Just wanted to add my own experiences to Mark's story. Clint and Bryce are the mainstays in recruiting on DI, but I do go to my share of AAU events
I have the same gut feeling about Carter after this summer. I'll be shocked if he doesn't commit to Duke.

Reactions: bob_duke_jd
Just wanted to add my own experiences to Mark's story. Clint and Bryce are the mainstays in recruiting on DI, but I do go to my share of AAU events
I have the same gut feeling about Carter after this summer. I'll be shocked if he doesn't commit to Duke.
And with him could come Gary Trent right?

I think Carter will be swinging Trent towards Duke. He seems a little enamored with the Kentucky bling. In Duke's system, I see Trent as a 2/3. Jackson is a 2/1.

David, don't be afraid to post with us lowly free board members more often bud, miss reading all your post. Hope Wayne and Coach Roy aren't driving you crazy over at Blue devil reign!

David, don't be afraid to post with us lowly free board members more often bud, miss reading all your post. Hope Wayne and Coach Roy aren't driving you crazy over at Blue devil reign!
forgot about Wayne, that guy drove me nuts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT