ADVERTISEMENT

Carter Injury

He had some silly fouls, but I didnt think it looked like anything was holding him back tonight.

Sucks if he’s out...he’s a big part of our zone because of his length and ability to block and alter shots...

Part of the reason our zone works...we give up a lot in the middle of it but our length throws off shots...Bolden will give us good minutes but not like Carter can over the course of an entire game...

Bagley will be easier to focus on offensively also...he will get all the attention...

I can see us easily struggling without Carter..Hopefully not serious and he can play through this...

Just his presence would be enough....

Sucks if he’s out...he’s a big part of our zone because of his length and ability to block and alter shots...

Part of the reason our zone works...we give up a lot in the middle of it but our length throws off shots...Bolden will give us good minutes but not like Carter can over the course of an entire game...

Bagley will be easier to focus on offensively also...he will get all the attention...

I can see us easily struggling without Carter..Hopefully not serious and he can play through this...

Just his presence would be enough....
Eh. Bagley went for 33 and 17 essentially without Carter on the floor. With Bolden playing the way he is, he will take enough attention off of Bagley. We will take a hit on defense though.

Carter looked like he was grimacing and holding his back last night after his 5th foul where he ran into Bonzie. But I didn’t notice any foot issues

The title of this post scared the living daylights out of me. Hope this injury doesn't linger.

To each their own but I don’t believe it’s much to be concerned with at all.

You don’t see how carters play has significantly dropped? His boards are there still but his fouls and shots are way down. You can tell there’s something going on

I hope it's nothing that keeps him out.

If he is out, I'm confident in Bolden to pick up the slack.

Reactions: christophero
His production has dropped and in hindsight, he has not looked good on the offensive end with his movement.

Would it be a duke basketball season without a foot injury?

The biggest hit would be depth at the 5. Bagley isn't really a 5, especially on D, so we would have to use a Bagley/DeLaurier frontline or a small lineup for 15 minutes or so. I think that would really reduce the effectiveness of our zone.

The biggest hit would be depth at the 5. Bagley isn't really a 5, especially on D, so we would have to use a Bagley/DeLaurier frontline or a small lineup for 15 minutes or so. I think that would really reduce the effectiveness of our zone.
Exactly. He is the alpha in the middle of the zone. It also hurts with depth.

I hope Wendell is okay. We need him to anchor the D on the inside. Without him, the Heels offense will be much more efficient. Just because the Heels played poorly last night, and have had to play an extra game doesn't mean they'll be pushovers...they won't We'll have to play hard, and smart to win this one.

OFC

It is highly unlikely that Berry & Maye will play poorly two days in a row. Berry will want some redemption for playing scared last week.

Be calm fellas. We will beat them by about 10 points. Marques will start and Javin will sub in. We will be just fine. The rebounding machine that is Jack White will fill in as well.

Reactions: Swervin_Irvin_Duke
We’re a 2 seed win or lose, unless we beat UVA and Xavier loses tomorrow. I just want Wendell healthy for his final games as a Devil and heading into the Draft.

Need Carter healthy. He can knock down that three at the top which opens up underneath for Bagley. He is also key for that zone. Make no mistake we need Mr Carter

Last edited:
At next years ACC PARTY , I’m going to build a little ring, I want vabluedevil33 and SoCal to show up. We’ll throw them in the ring and make bets on the sissy slap fest. Damn would you two get off each other’s nuts, lol.

I'm all for talking fun ish here but I'll attend and you have to step in. Cool? I mean if you're gonna build a ring, we gotta go all out. We can give you Dattier to be your Jimmy Hart.

I've seen others mock you for being the board bully, you gotta back it up son! Lol

Last edited:
NvDrm.gif

At next years ACC PARTY , I’m going to build a little ring, I want vabluedevil33 and SoCal to show up. We’ll throw them in the ring and make bets on the sissy slap fest. Damn would you two get off each other’s nuts, lol.
Sissy slapping sounds about right

Reactions: sgrooms
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT