ADVERTISEMENT

Calling it right now...

ASAPKrzyzewski

Recruit
Apr 7, 2010
Duke wins the NCAA tourney title.

Ban me if they don't.

Banchero, Roach, and Keels have the winner's mentality. They have the big cajones.

The defense has suddenly come together for the tourney.

And that is the first time I've seen Coach K smile that bigly in a game.

Ban me if they don't.

Banchero, Roach, and Keels have the winner's mentality. They have the big cajones.

Love the enthusiasm but other than the last 4 minutes or so the defense was shoddy as hell.

Ban me if they don't.

Like your optimism. Hope you’re right. Not sure how this post of yours will be received, but there’s always the brotherhood forum that will welcome you with open arms. And a pan of cookies.

It doesn't look like we are going to get any help with upsets. I doubt Arkansas is going to beat Gonzaga; but it's possible. We have had NO luck in that area the last few tournaments.
Just because there hasn’t been any help in our bracket doesn’t mean that these other upsets haven’t potentially set things up nicely for us if we can get through our region. We would go against the East region in a Final Four matchup which means we would get either UNC/UCLA or Purdue/St Peter’s.

Would be great to get some help from Arkansas in the Sweet 16, but I’m not sure that they are a good match up with Gonzaga. Will need Notae and Williams to have huge games, and Williams to get Timme or Holgrem into early foul trouble. Think Arkansas’s guards and SFs can give Gonzaga’s back court a tough time with the defense that they play.

Key will be if Arkansas can slow them down and keep their point total in the 60s or low 70s. If they do that, Arkansas can win. If it’s a game played in the 90s then Arkansas is in trouble. They don’t have the scoring to keep up.

Just because there hasn’t been any help in our bracket doesn’t mean that these other upsets haven’t potentially set things up nicely for us if we can get through our region. We would go against the East region in a Final Four matchup which means we would get either UNC/UCLA or Purdue/St Peter’s.

Would be great to get some help from Arkansas in the Sweet 16, but I’m not sure that they are a good match up with Gonzaga. Will need Notae and Williams to have huge games, and Williams to get Timme or Holgrem into early foul trouble. Think Arkansas’s guards and SFs can give Gonzaga’s back court a tough time with the defense that they play.

Key will be if Arkansas can slow them down and keep their point total in the 60s or low 70s. If they do that, Arkansas can win. If it’s a game played in the 90s then Arkansas is in trouble. They don’t have the scoring to keep up.
Musselman is a good coach. He'll make Gonzaga sweat

How about a final 4 against the turds…Souls would be taken from bodies after that game 😂

Can you imagine having to wait all week for that game. Us fans will be exhausted long before the tip off. I know I would be sweating enough to need some urinal cakes under my armpits.

Reactions: IFaZe
Eh... I hope we win it all but I don't have the same feeling for this teams chances as I did in 2010 for example. I had a feeling they would win. And ahhhh, the good old days in 2001 when I REALLY thought we would win. I miss that team....

Reactions: pisgah101
Can you imagine having to wait all week for that game. Us fans will be exhausted long before the tip off. I know I would be sweating enough to need some urinal cakes under my armpits.
Lol mannn I’d almost rather lose in the elite 8 if that’s the case…almost. That game would change people for years. Would take Atleast 5 years off of life win or lose and and lifetime of bragging rights…Theyd hang a banner and put K on it if they win lol. I’d say 99.9% of Duke fans don’t want to see that game.

I dont understand this. People would rather see our final four draught continue than play a team we have already beaten. Count me in the one percent.

I dont understand this. People would rather see our final four draught continue than play a team we have already beaten. Count me in the one percent.
Chris, not being mean, but you have to live here to understand why. I’m sure if you asked 20 Duke fans, and 20 hole fans that all live in this state if they would like to play each other for the national title, they would all say no. I was so glad in 91 when Kansas beat them in the other semi.

It’s too much man.

Chris, not being mean, but you have to live here to understand why. I’m sure if you asked 20 Duke fans, and 20 hole fans that all live in this state if they would like to play each other for the national title, they would all say no. I was so glad in 91 when Kansas beat them in the other semi. Renee

It’s too much man.
I would have to be sedated. Not even Jack and Coke would do it if that matchup happened

I actually think some turd fans would welcome it! I mean they are playing good, underdogs, low expectations, with a chance to beat K in his final game in the final 4. Little less pressure. They know they can/could beat us…That’s just how them pricks are lol. The

Reactions: KDSTONE
I actually think some turd fans would welcome it! I mean they are playing good, underdogs, low expectations, with a chance to beat K in his final game in the final 4. Little less pressure. They know they can/could beat us…That’s just how them pricks are lol. The
Right. Maybe it’s false bravado but I think their fan base would welcome it much more than ours. For a program with so many banners we can be a gloomy bunch. It’s just who we are

Right. Maybe it’s false bravado but I think their fan base would welcome it much more than ours. For a program with so many banners we can be a gloomy bunch. It’s just who we are
I'm a UNC fan and would be thrilled any year. Once you get to the Final Four, it's a great year even if you lose to your rival. I think it would be the rare exception when the joy of winning would dwarf the misery of losing

Reactions: christophero
Chris, not being mean, but you have to live here to understand why. I’m sure if you asked 20 Duke fans, and 20 hole fans that all live in this state if they would like to play each other for the national title, they would all say no. I was so glad in 91 when Kansas beat them in the other semi.

It’s too much man.
Not all of them. Ged is chomping at the bit. I think he’s still shook up seeing Freddie in that Dodgers jersey

Reactions: geddoughton23
I'm a UNC fan and would be thrilled any year. Once you get to the Final Four, it's a great year even if you lose to your rival. I think it would be the rare exception when the joy of winning would dwarf the misery of losing
You’re more a glass half full kind of guy clearly I tried to be that guy once. Just didn’t pan out

Idk how you’re doing it but it’s only a matter of time before your steak gets over cooked and can’t eat at our table anymore

I'm amazed that I've lasted this long
See, we’re a controversially civilized bunch. Red rooster lay eggs and cool yesterday not today when wind blows calm tomorrow weekday Saturday good weekend south on Sunday Ya see there comes a time upon 1 day wakening 6 day savoring tooting Tuesday when you just ask yourself Why am I here. Common causes anal ethically boar head ham touch toes Thursday syndrome Edward Silas scissors effects bend over behave you know. Sometim you got to know today isn’t promised tomorrow beach grove cemetery Juana man movie and just relax. You feel me. When I lost box I call 911 . Great news What I’m tryna say if hit the road Jack don’t ya come back no mo no mooo nooo mooooo just FYI when you take a banana sit on it and complain what what I saying is cockclobler over mama pudding actors face shoutout Roy when the weather gloom 6 day possible touchdown whenever I watch dr Phil you know when grease rubbed gently some days I feel kinky steeped over fence untill I got shocked remeber the Titans great day to say 🖕

I'm amazed that I've lasted this long
You know sometimes you just got to dig deep and face the pressure and dig deep to overcome your demons and dig your grave. . Whenever you fell down you ask yourself do I need this. Is this good for me. Or do I need to take a step towards recovery. Everyday you ask yourself these questions to yourself and think you believe yourself. Are you tired of the hurt or are you tired upon yourself to recover? In any mans life you have to face the consequences of the action you put upon yourself. So when you feel bad you just fight untill the cows come home. If no cow presents itself you just bare down and push forward . Where thy finds successes their enemy’s loses all confidence in their ability to concur in life .

You know sometimes you just got to dig deep and face the pressure and dig deep to overcome your demons and dig your grave. . Whenever you fell down you ask yourself do I need this. Is this good for me. Or do I need to take a step towards recovery. Everyday you ask yourself these questions to yourself and think you believe yourself. Are you tired of the hurt or are you tired upon yourself to recover? In any mans life you have to face the consequences of the action you put upon yourself. So when you feel bad you just fight untill the cows come home. If no cow presents itself you just bare down and push forward . Where thy finds successes their enemy’s loses all confidence in their ability to concur in life .
I ask myself no questions. I don't want to lie to myself

I would have to be sedated. Not even Jack and Coke would do it if that matchup happened
I would be happy to see this team take out UNC in the Final Four. Also, maybe I am misreading some of the posts above but we wouldn’t play UNC in the title game. We would play them in the Final Four. Know the players would love a shot to run it back against UNC.
That’s the UNC mentality. The Duke mentality is either you win it when you get to the Final Four or you might as well have gotten bounced in the Round of 32. I’d be willing to bet that the UNC players want nothing to do with Duke in the Final Four.

Lol mannn I’d almost rather lose in the elite 8 if that’s the case…almost. That game would change people for years. Would take Atleast 5 years off of life win or lose and and lifetime of bragging rights…Theyd hang a banner and put K on it if they win lol. I’d say 99.9% of Duke fans don’t want to see that game.
That's an interesting point. In any tourney I would almost rather lose earlier than get deep into the tourney.... Because the closer you get to the title.... Man that is tough to lose. Like in 2004...

Well, I sure hope OP doesn't get banned lol. I'm very cautious on tossing out predictions in sports. I don't rummage through a river of stats like I'm inside the Matrix or something, for me it's more of a feel thing. My "feel" was right with the first chapel hill college game for example, Duke tends to play well over there, always seems to shoot well most years and I thought the other side would have matchup issues. It sure happened, I wasn't expecting 20 point win but it happened. But that same feel failed me in the rematch but I also think there was just too damn much K stuff that entire day leading up to that game. I think an enormous amount of pressure was there on the backs of a team whose average age is 19. And a very experienced, though up and down chapel hill college team was superb at winning time in that game. My "feel-o-meter" (LOL) worked out at Virginia as well. After what happened in Durham, and Duke playing so well on the road, I felt the Blue Devils would be ready for that game. With Virginia's defense, that's likely not gonna translate into a double digit win, but it was a win nonetheless and thats ultimately all that mattered. Whether by 4 or 40, a W is a W.

The only feel I can offer up is that IF Duke wins the game tonight, the anti-Duke fans and long hated rivals might want to grab the xanax for Saturday.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT