ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Ingram

Welcome Brandon! Great get for Duke. He adds a nice dimension we didn't have. One North Carolina kid this year and hopefully we get a pair of North Carolina kids to commit for next year!

What I tell ya boys! Just like HonkeyT said, once steat called it a sure thing for UNC, you ought to have known K had it in the bag!!!

Boy that must sting UNC, you just can't recruit ANYBODY to come to your school, well except for Luke maye who is apparently the next Sean May!!!

Welcome Brandon we are happy to have you!!

Reactions: youngman42
That's big time: fills a very specific need, snatched from your rival, solidifies you as a team once again genuinely in the hunt.

We have shooters everywhere we turn next year. I hope Brandon's length translates into him being an effective defender.

Is THR on Suicide watch?

Goodbye Heels. Welcome to Duke, Brandon!

UNCHeelFanJumpinggif.gif

OFC

Well shucks, that'll throw an immediate kink into the Tarhole plans for a National Championship! They would have had a tough enough time even if they would have gotten him!
Next year is going to be another really fun year!!!!! I can't wait to see what "K" does with this bunch by March/April.
I can hear the pleas before bracketology day . . . "Please don't put us in a Region with Duke"!!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: pisgah101
ESPN's analysis of Ingram:

Strengths:
Ingram is an extra long wing with a sweet stroke and deep range. He knocks down open threes on the break, spacing to the open area on the side of dribble penetration and springs off screens. He has a quick trigger and shoots over smaller defenders with ease. He is an excellent passer as he uses his length to see over the defense where he delivers the ball right on target. Ingram is a good straight line driver with a one or two dribble attack, elevate and finish.

Weaknesses:
Ingram must add strength and work on his ball handling when under intense pressure. He must also learn to stay aggressive and in attack mode throughout the game because he can score and pass with great efficiency.

Bottom Line:
Ingram is a wing with great size and skill. He has all the physical gifts to be a special player. He upside is off the charts with continued work and building of his game.

Saw this on TOS and had to post it:

"Of course he chose Duke. Everybody's choosing Duke. Stephen Curry's gonna take a year off and choose Duke."

Let's keep this going! :cool:

Saw this on TOS and had to post it:

"Of course he chose Duke. Everybody's choosing Duke. Stephen Curry's gonna take a year off and choose Duke."

Let's keep this going! :cool:

Holy Moly...that's hilarious! And it's so exhiliarating to 'feel' the life being sucked out of a rival's fanbase!

OFC

Reactions: Skeelow22
The disgust of Ingrams dad over at THR is hilarious, do they really think a dad's love for his son is gonna change because he doesnt pick the team he pulls for, give me A break

This a funny comment. The hate is just pathetic!!!

I think Ingram will go to dook. His father must have been a fair weather Carolina fan ! I rather have Kenny Williams any ways .

The disgust of Ingrams dad over at THR is hilarious, do they really think a dad's love for his son is gonna change because he doesnt pick the team he pulls for, give me A break
If Snoop Dog (or whatever the hell his name is now) can swallow his USC love enough for his son to go to UCLA, I think Ingram's pop will be able to do the same.

remember when unc fans were saying ingram grew up a tar heel fan and it was only because the ncaa decision was looming??? ummm no it wasn't

Reactions: pisgah101
From Biancardi on Ingram:

What he brings: A blossoming two-way player who stands at 6-foot-9 with a 7-3 wing span, Ingram is the No. 1 small forward in the class. He blends production with his upside and versatility, making him one of the elite players in this class.

His skills and super athletic ability make him a fast break dream. When he grabs a defensive rebound his first three steps are long and quick, allowing him to bust out on the break and go coast to coast. He can also receive a pitch-ahead pass to score, as Ingram displays fantastic finishing skills. He can nail long-range shots against a set defense and drops shots over like size and smaller defenders inside. When you crowd his space, he puts the ball on the deck and gets to the rim in one long dribble.

He can guard forwards or guards on defense, as his lateral quickness and length make him hard to drive on or score against. His freakish length allows him to take away passing lanes and block shots from the weak side, and his 9-1.5 standing reach will enhance Duke's defensive field goal percentage by contesting and challenging shots. Put him in any pressing situation and he'll cover ground quickly. He shrinks the floor in zone defense, and can recover from being beaten and defend you at the rim. He has a chance to be special as he learns to play through contact.

Wanda Williams "nanner puddin" ain't what it used to be. HOF Coach Roy Williams gonna have to come up with some meat loaf, chicken "n" dumplins, corn bread or something to get back on track. Bless his heart. :D OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT