ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Ingram

i just have a feeling this kid is going to be wildly inconsistent...Duke will be completely fine if he picks another school.

A long wirey kid with a sweet stroke. He's gonna be a pain for defenses. He won't be able to assert his will like Justise, but he would just make life easier on offense and perhaps rebounding.

I'll welcome him if he wants to play some Duke defense.

i just have a feeling this kid is going to be wildly inconsistent...Duke will be completely fine if he picks another school.
I disagree. I think he has the chance to be special. Ingram has a ridiculous 7'4 wingspan and his shooting ability is at an elite level. People get too hung up on how skinny he is but really, he's a perimeter player and his basketball skills and athleticism are very good, Durant, Tayshaun Prince, and Mike Dunleavy were also really skinny but it didn't really matter much. Plus, he's young, he won't turn 18 until September and has improved significantly in the last 8-12 months and could continue that trajectory over the next 6-10 months and by next March really be an elite college player.

I think Duke will indeed be fine if he goes elsewhere (IMO he chooses Duke) just because we have other really talented players, but Ingram puts us right back in the Final Four hunt next year and brings a little something different to the table than what our other guys do.

What former Dukie would Ingram most compare to? I don't know a lot about the kid except his measurements and a highlight video or two..

Rodney Hood?

I just wish he would call the coach of the program he's going to commit to and say's Coach I want to play for you at Duke. Will you let the fan's know for me? OFC

Reactions: Dad2ze
What former Dukie would Ingram most compare to? I don't know a lot about the kid except his measurements and a highlight video or two..

Rodney Hood?

Don't think we've had an Ingram. His game looks like Durant's to me. His on-ccourt demeanor seems similar too. Jump shots from everywhere with the ability to finish creatively at the rim.

I just wish he would call the coach of the program he's going to commit to and say's Coach I want to play for you at Duke. Will you let the fan's know for me? OFC

Honestly, it's not even all the kids nowadays. ESPN and all of these other entities have chosen to get involved too. They drive this stuff as much as the kids or even more.

Reactions: skysdad
Honestly, it's not even all the kids nowadays. ESPN and all of these other entities have chosen to get involved too. They drive this stuff as much as the kids or even more.
Among my all-time favorite commitments in the time I've really been following recruiting have been Greg Paulus and Justise Winslow. If anyone recalls, Greg was verbally committed to us, but was rumored to be considering football still. When the week for LoIs passed w/o any public announcement, a lot of us were worried. Then, after Paulus' hs fb team won its championship, it was announced that he'd sent his LoI in early after all, but just wanted to keep it under wraps until fb season was over. Duke honored his request. I thought that was really classy. And Justise announced shortly after Tyus and Jah, but was very low key about it, kind of anticlimactic after his teammates' dual announcement, rather than a big, attention-grabbing encore, which I liked.

Agree. It's just such a completely different world now. 15-20 years ago, I learned who the best prospects were / where those kids were attending no earlier than the summer before their freshman year, either from a newspaper or a parade magazine or some other seasonal / annual magazine that ranked players. The rise of the internet recruiting websites, youtube, and sports cable television (beyond just ESPN) has completely changed the landscape for these kids. 20-30 years ago, a kid would have to be a real self-promoter to get any kind of media coverage of his announcement. Now, these kids are being bombarded requests for media availability, and they would have to be unusually private / quiet to not do any type of public announcement.

I personally think all of the attention is bizarre, and you'll never catch me watching one of these announcements. With that said, I don't blame the kids for it. I blame the countless number of people who live stream / watch this sort of spectacle -- and, in turn, drive people to put that content on the internet / TV.

I feel bad for the kids that genuinely don't want this kind of attention. And yes, I do believe that there are players that would rather side-step the sideshow but are pressured into doing it by other interested parties.

I'm sorry I just don't think they're as big of a title contender as most people. Yes they return a lot of people from a double digit loss team. They're good but I am not buying this championship team talk. My opinion.

History would suggest that UNC will not win the title. Although there are some exceptions, if you look back at the last 20 years, the national champion has had legitimate NBA professional players. UNC just has a bunch of "pretty good college players" IMO.

Don't think we've had an Ingram. His game looks like Durant's to me. His on-ccourt demeanor seems similar too. Jump shots from everywhere with the ability to finish creatively at the rim.

I think it would be fair to say Rodney Hood is a poor-man's KD.. just doesn't have the wing span of KD or Ingram & Rodney wasn't as good of a ball handler as KD is.. Can Ingram handle the ball well?..

I've been here for many, many years, seen tons of posters. Dattier is one of the most intelligent, well informed posters I've ever witnessed. I'd take him on my side in an arguement against a rival poster over anyone and everyone. He also doesn't need anyone taking up for him, if he does get pushed a little to far, you will be cordially eaten alive.

Based on his happiness that he didn't commit earlier and his request for people (locals) to be BI fans rather than institution fans I think all duke fans should be even more optimistic!

I've been here for many, many years, seen tons of posters. Dattier is one of the most intelligent, well informed posters I've ever witnessed. I'd take him on my side in an arguement against a rival poster over anyone and everyone. He also doesn't need anyone taking up for him, if he does get pushed a little to far, you will be cordially eaten alive.

Yep!

Reactions: Showenuff
Based on his happiness that he didn't commit earlier and his request for people (locals) to be BI fans rather than institution fans I think all duke fans should be even more optimistic!

Agreed! I feel it's either Duke or UK. Given the fact of being a BI fan I think solidified that he's picking Duke.

That video can't make UNC feel good about it.. The "still be a B.I." fan comment makes me think is definitely not going to UNC..

Hmmm, play with Paige and Berry, or Thornton and Grayson? Tough call...

Also, Dennis Smith may be on his way to Durham. So many factors to consider.

The only curve ball tonight is gonna be the one that hits the tar holes square in the chin. Take that to the bank.

Reactions: pisgah101
Well, I don't know anything about the Ingram announcement today.

But I did hear it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another that Duke just won their 5th National Championship!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT