Boogie Ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.

500HP_Devil

All Conference
Gold Member
Mar 17, 2016
from Twitter @thedukenation

BREAKING: Boogie Ellis has requested to be released from his Letter of Intent to Duke. It is expected to be accepted.

Duke loses some depth at the wing spot. Ellis was a 2019 4-star recruit.

Can’t help but think these guys know how deep we are and K doesn’t use the bench...nice to have talent but talent wants to play..

I’m in no way saying it’s right, and I agree it’s the new age mentality. Kids are not going to wait for PT when they can go show out somewhere else.

Reactions: hart2chesson
You'd think K and the staff knew about this before RJ cut his list...sounds like Duke is out but definitely opened up some minutes for him next season

I wish Boogie the best, but if this gets us back into the picture with Hampton, I’m taking that trade all day, e’rr day!

Reactions: skysdad
I was scared he was going to transfer out in the season or next offseason if he was gonna leave. Didn’t expect this. Really sucks. Was very excited about him. Thought everything was gonna be alright when i saw him and Cassius getting along so well in those videos. I have been saying about how i don’t want Rj because we had boogie but now let’s go get him. We need another shooter now.

From the outside looking in, this could also have to do with Tre returning for a second year....at least moreso than Cassisus committing. If we're all being honest, I don't think any of us expected Jones returning just a few months ago....last fall it was almost a foregone conclusion he would be gone.

Just sucks how if there’s competition at a position players want no part of it. Don’t wanna wait for their time. I get it and why they feel that way but it wasn’t always like that.

Just sucks how if there’s competition at a position players want no part of it. Don’t wanna wait for their time. I get it and why they feel that way but it wasn’t always like that.
Unfortunately, it has been like this. The kids that think they’re good expect to play. It’s that simple. We have the luxury as fans to sit in our recliners and say they should do this or that.
By the way, Billy McCaffrey says hey.

I didnt that coming at all, BUT I can HONESTLY say I can't blame him... and I'm not bashing the kid because hes scared of competition, because I honestly dont believe that. He's talented, and could be a really good player. But the Stanley commitment could have been a slap in the face for him... He's already behind Tre, AOC, Goldwire, Stanley, and Baker for the "positionless" wing minutes IMO... I cant blame the kid for looking elsewhere to better fit his situation and aspirations... I wish the best, maybe it will spark AOC, Baker, and Goldwire to better seasons. It also will hurt the losing a multi year guy in the program.

No Boogie
images

Noooooooooo! Come on man. Boogie was gonna be our best shooter. This is some bull. Now we have to deal with inconsistent Alex. I would’ve taken Boogie and ran Alex off. Alex has two years. Boogie has 4 potentially.

good luck to the kid... tre,AOC, stanley, goldy, and some moore at the 1 and 2 some should be plenty

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT